• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Feb 5, 2019
6.7

1. Feb 9, 2019
    I'd love to give this a green score, but I just can't... because it's cobbled together recycled content from previous games. Like not even an homage to them, but *blatant* copy/pasting of previous games.

While I am rather enjoying it for what it is, I'd much rather see NEW stuff. Edit: Class balance is a complete joke. Of 19 classes, there's one INT caster and one buffer. And balance

While I am rather enjoying it for what it is, I'd much rather see NEW stuff.

Edit: Class balance is a complete joke. Of 19 classes, there's one INT caster and one buffer. And balance between the remaining classes is very poor.

The game has major pacing issues and is slower than previous EO games. Subclasses take forever to unlock. And it's just not as fun as previous EO games.

I'm lowering the score because it basically requires people to buy the DLC to play, which is really slimy. Hopefully, the series will just die here.

1. Mar 8, 2019
    All in all, Etrian Odyssey Nexus is a solid entry in the series. It doesn't reinvent the wheel but is sort of a grab bag of everything that makes Etrian Odyssey work. It's very familiar, and longtime series fans may find that this outing played it too safe, but casual fans and newcomers should consider it a near-perfect place to start the series. All in all, Nexus is a fantastic end to the long handheld history of the franchise, and it provides a lot of hope for whatever comes next.
  2. Feb 26, 2019
    Although I prefer Beyond the Myth by a slight margin, Etrian Odyssey Nexus offers a familiar and rewarding dungeon crawling adventure that retro RPG fans will surely appreciate. Now that the series is done on 3DS, here's hoping we can play the next one on Switch.
  3. Feb 26, 2019
    The vast array of options in Etrian Odyssey Nexus could easily scare away players who are unfamiliar with or who dislike RPGs, but Etrian Odyssey Nexus is welcoming to all skill levels and would be a great starting point for players new to dungeon-crawling RPGs. It’s also an enjoyable and fitting send-off as the series’ last installment on the 3DS.