1.2

Overwhelming dislike- based on 39 Ratings

1. Feb 8, 2019
    EA taking a big dump on another major title that made them who they are today. Disgusting.

P2W, stale uninspired gameplay, seriously, how on earth do you manage to boil down one of the greatest games ever into this?
  2. Feb 14, 2019
    Pay to Win garbage, a stain on the former great series. Another straw in the Hat of EA, destroyer of great game series.
  3. Feb 17, 2019
    Pay 2 Win garbage, avoid at all costs. You might have fun in the first 10 gameplays but after that the game stinks of loot box monetisations and P2W. (Yes there is payed loot boxes that give gameplay advantages in this game)
  4. Mar 19, 2019
    The game is boring and after a few minutes playing you can clearly see that it was made to drain your money with micro-transactions.

Stay away, this one is a time bomb.
  5. Feb 26, 2019
    EA has turned this game into a Micro-transaction cash-grab. Stay away!
    Such terrible content, no depth, and clunky mechanics.
  6. Dec 21, 2018
    This game is simply disgusting and doesn't deserve the name Command & Conquer. Even a direct emulation of the original C&C from 1995 would have been less disappointing.
  7. Feb 25, 2019
    The gameplay itself is well made and fluent. Units are well designed and interesting to use.

But it is completely broken by the monetization model. Paying for progress, 5 - 10€ worth absolutely nothing. It has to be a lot more to make any difference. So the game just capitalizes on people with addiction to these kind of things. First few days are maybe okay, learning how stuff works

First few days are maybe okay, learning how stuff works and trying different units. After reaching higher leagues, gold and platinum, a huge slowdown in progression comes. Battles are getting increasingly unfair, often matched against higher level player. Upgrading units gets extremely expensive, it takes probably several months to play to be simply able to to unlock all units. I can't rank up, just by having high skill. I need to grind mindlessly or just pay for it. Paying reasonable 10 bucks is useless. I can't try different units anymore since I would need to upgrade them and thus setting myself back several days. This is unacceptable and turns actual strategic decision into a grindfest. The "leagues" mean nothing other than time investment/money investment from Gold league on.

Update: I have now played it more and got to Diamond 1 league, watched the best players replays, discussions and best loadout videos/discussions. Have to correct my rating from 3 to 1. It is indeed utterly garbage, when it comes to any "competitiveness".

The best current player in the world loosing mainly because the opponents Banshee Unit has higher level? The hell is this? I have played many proper PC strategy games and a key balance point is how the units win against each other 1vs1 with best micro management possible, easiest thing to balance in general thinking of complexity of a real time strategy. And seeing that an anti air unit looses a fight against an air unit, it was supposed to be a counter, but more than 1 level difference tilts the battle completely. Other example is how many shots it takes to take down a Harvester, changes significantly with level. In a game where there is only one game mode in which holding territory is everything. This is not an issue which can be ironed out like a bad map or unit by a balance update, this is the core of this game. So the more you get into the game the more the randomness reveals itself.

Other problems are that the map is choosen randomly but some of them favor a type of gameplay over another. It would be nice for a normal strategy strategy, since you can always adapt with the choices you make during the match. In this game your loadout is fixed. Some maps favor two harvester play and heavy units, some air units or long range. The limited units composition can't be adjusted to a particular map. Blitz events on one map are countering it a little bit but they are very rare, so not a solution.

So all in all, when two player with a similar skill level play against each other there are way too many random factors put in by purpose. Unit level and map-loadout synergy breaks it. Like 30 years of real time strategy experience/evidence of bad and good balancing don't apply here. And I mean by design of the game, not accidentally. Unlike in Dawn of War 1 the Necrons were OP for some time and Scrins in C&C3, and Starcraft 2 has been improved over years to very high fidelity when it comes to balance and it still gets balance updates to react to "meta" play and keep things fair.

This game could have been the best mobile game but they purposefully broke it in exchange for money.
  8. Dec 15, 2018
    I'm very disappointed with this game. Boring gameplay and stupid In-app purchased ruined this game
  9. Dec 22, 2018
    The game itself it fine, it's fun balanced and recalls memories

The game itself it fine, it's fun balanced and recalls memories

But the real problem about this game: The lootboxes. You can earn some each day but after a time you wont get xp or game money for playing. So you end up being stuck with units you get randomly except you buy the great starter pack...... That would be fine... But I can only play 10 matches a day then I get basically nothing and need to invest even more money into gems.... for the cards to upgrade units.... then I need game money to upgrade the units. So basically we're short on game money and crystals(you get like 14-20 a day) if you really want upgrade stuff you need to spent even more money in the store.

A further warning: I wanted to play C+C the Ultimate Collection(the old games) on origin to try out some of the old games again . But they're all in German! I bought them like 5 years ago apparently a code on a third party shop like Humble Bundle. Well I doesn't give me the option to set the language anywhere! When I contacted the support I was told they can do nothing as I didnt bought the game on Origin. So I'm a 2nd class customer now!

Well fine accidentally somehow I got the German version due to localisation problems(I wasn't even in Germany to that time?!?!). So I tried searching the english version in the Shop. But it tells me I own the game already, so I cannot play the old games in English, because I'm a 2nd class customer with a "redeemed code". Support even asked me what kind of nerve I contact them before Christmas with a 5 year old purchase(Just when Rivals released what coincidence), that wasn't made on their website Thanks EA I will remember this and ditch Rivals too. You got me to play one of you games, just to ruin it with an awful unfriendly support. I would've even bought the English version of the Ultimate Collection - but guess what? I can't ! It tells me already purchased and there are no further option at "versions". That problem is described on their website and they're not "willing" to solve it for me cause I've just redeemed a code!

You know people rant about Bethesda with Fallout 76 but Bethesda resolved all my problems with their own shop. Even though I bought the key at a retailer. EA should finally grow up and realize adult customers that bought games wanna play them without cash grab features. Or stuff like "No you didnt buy it here we don't help you!". Well EA sold the key for Origin of course I bought it there! Even the website describes the problem and that EA will gladly help in such cases. Did they help? No... they even insulted me a 2nd class customer.

Take this review as a warning before you invest money into your Rivals account, or download the thing at all. They don't care about you or the money you spent for your product.

Good Developers with bad management is my conclusion. The red line of that draws through all their games.
  10. Dec 26, 2018
    Была великая серия C&C,а превратили еев мобильную дрочку,20 лет славы ,а потом лицом в грязь!
    Was GREAT RTS C&C,it became mobile trash,wasted 20 years of fame!
  11. Jan 13, 2019
    Surprisingly good. After the abomination that was Dungeon Keeper mobile, I did not have very high expectations for this game. Was pleasantly surprised to find the game is the closest thing you can get to a real RTS experience on mobile. It's basically like Clash Royale, except you actually control your units so it's skill based and not just level based. Skilled players can easily beatSurprisingly good. After the abomination that was Dungeon Keeper mobile, I did not have very high expectations for this game. Was pleasantly surprised to find the game is the closest thing you can get to a real RTS experience on mobile. It's basically like Clash Royale, except you actually control your units so it's skill based and not just level based. Skilled players can easily beat unskilled players with substantially higher leveled units, and the depth and quality of play is great. Obviously it still has P2W aspects to it, and it's no substitute for a true C&C game - but the game play is fun, it never feels unfair and it's surprisingly addictive. Yes, a lot of players will play for one day and immediately complain the game is P2W and unfair, but skilled players easily win those games, and it's not uncommon for an experienced player to startt a new game and win 60 games in a row beating players with much higher level units. Give it a try, and if you lose don't automatically assume it was because the game was unfair. You'll soon find that those games are winnable, and skill plays a much higher part than you would think at first glance. Expand
  12. Jan 7, 2019
    Nem tudom, hogy létezik-e olyan ember, akinek be kéne mutatni minden idők egyik legsikeresebb és legforradalmibb stratégiai játékát, mely megreformálta a stílust és létrehozta az RTS-t, vagyis a valós idejű stratégiázás örömeit. Igaz az eredeti fejlesztő a Westwood volt és korábban már próbálgatták ezt a stílust (Dune 2) kisebb nagyobb sikereket el is értek vele, de az igazi áttörés azNem tudom, hogy létezik-e olyan ember, akinek be kéne mutatni minden idők egyik legsikeresebb és legforradalmibb stratégiai játékát, mely megreformálta a stílust és létrehozta az RTS-t, vagyis a valós idejű stratégiázás örömeit. Igaz az eredeti fejlesztő a Westwood volt és korábban már próbálgatták ezt a stílust (Dune 2) kisebb nagyobb sikereket el is értek vele, de az igazi áttörés az első rész a Command and Conquer volt. Ami a pergős játékmenetével, akkor élethűnek számító grafikájával, élőszereplős lebilincselő történetével örök érvényűen beleéget az emlékezetünkbe. Azóta számos folytatást és kiegészítést megélt a sorozat. Az eleinte csak egy viccnek induló alternatív valóságot feldolgozó Red Alert pedig még talán az eredetinél is nagyobb sikereket könyvelhetett el.

A konzolokon is megjelenő C&C 3 ügyesen visszahozta a köztudatba a sorozatot, míg sajnos a C&C 4 Tiberium Twilighttal sikeresen kivégezték az egész sorozatok, közel tíz év eltelt azóta és nyomát sem hallhattuk semmilyen folytatásnak. Egyértelművé vált, hogy a régi stílusnak befellegzett, a ZS-kategóriás színészekkel eljátszott történetnek vége, új korszaknak kellett eljönnie. Köszöntelek C&C Rivals, nagyon vártunk már, a sorozat újra megérdemelt pompájában tündökölhet, nem tökéletes, de azért hozta a várva várt színvonalat. Lássuk hát milyen lett, maradjatok velünk.

Amikor az ember meglátja az EA logót, akkor már sejtheti, sőt inkább biztosan tudhatja, hogy itt bizony pénzéhséggel fog találkozni, ahogyan az amcsik szokták mondani „big time”. Mi akik a mobil játékok szerelmesei vagyunk ismerjük már a modellt, vagy tökéletesen immunisak vagyunk rá, vagy hajlunk arra, hogy időnként költsünk kedvenc játékunkra, vagy pedig nem érdekel ez a marhaság, jól keresünk, költjük a pénzt ezerrel. Nagyjából ez a három kategória jellemző ezekre a játékokra és én ismerek nem egy embert mindegyikből. A klánom vezetője például fanatikus C&C rajongó, rég elérte már a maximális szintet, a legmagasabb ligában van, mégse költött egy forintot se a játékra. Szóval igazából lehet szidni a mobilos játékokat, van benne frusztráció nem is kevés, ezt senki sem vitathatja, de mindemellett lehet érvényesülni ráköltés nélkül is, csak türelem és kitatrtás kérdése az egész, ez a jó F2P játék ismérve.

A C&C Rivals teljesen megreformálta a korábban megszokott stílust, mégis valahogy zseniális módon sikerült hűnek lennie az alapokhoz, lesz itt bázis építgetés, mikrózás ezerrel, stratégiák tucatjaival találkozhatunk, mindez a kötelező kettő frakció fejlesztése mellett, mert ugye ott lesz a GDI és a NOD, vajon jönni fog a legendás harmadik frakció is? Ki tudja? Remélem igen, mert nagyon komolyan felkavarná az álló vizeket ha meglépnék ezt a dolgot, főleg hogy a Scrin mindig is komplett teljesen más játékstílust követelt meg a sorozat történelme során. A Rivals első körben egy végtelenül primitív és egyszerű, platform foglalós játéknak tűnhet, de ahogy mélyebben beleássuk magunkat a játékba jövünk rá arra, milyen rengeteg lehetőség rejtőzik ebben az alapötletben.

Folytatása itt:
  13. Feb 28, 2019
    One of the best mobile strategy games i have ever played in my whole life. Wow!
  14. Mar 24, 2019
    Была бы не плохая игра если бы не называлася C&C Rivals
    it would be a not good game if the game was not called as C&C Rivals
  15. Jul 2, 2019
    Was nice when game came out.but now started new account and their all about the money now.get half the units I did before.sad I did like it

1. Dec 21, 2018
    Rivals is not the classic Command & Conquer we have been waiting for. If you are open to something somewhat less traditional, you will enjoy this competitive strategy game to the fullest.
  2. Dec 20, 2018
    Although Command & Conquer: Rivals is still some ways off the horror show that was Dungeon Keeper Mobile, by virtue of having a game that actually functions, it is still a major let-down.
  3. Dec 12, 2018
    Yes, you can still be brutalised by higher level players, but most matches don’t feel that way, and real-time strategy fans aren’t exactly spoiled for choice on mobile, making Rivals well worth trying out.