5.3

1. Mar 3, 2019
    Middle of the road rally game, nothing really stands out with almost no risks being taken in the gameplay design and overall feel of the game. Graphics are very average for a 2019 racing game, this is extremely pronounced when the game has you driving through the heavy rain weather scenario, the rain looks terrible and very low res.

The only saving grace for this game is the driving

The only saving grace for this game is the driving mechanics and the audio, they feel great and give you a good sense of driver feedback, this sadly is not enough to justify the full purchase price of the game especially with a "year pass" attached to it.

TL;DR Stay way for now, this game will go on sale and I predict relatively quickly on the steam store.
  2. May 5, 2019
    Best rally game ever, after playing 35 years of rally games, this is definitely the best.
    With my Logitech G29 wheel, it works perfect.
  3. Feb 27, 2019
    Despite of having been released at full price with half baked ffb and lack of content, it didn't stop Codemasters from locking half of your game behind a season pass (dlc) paywall. It also comes with one of the most egregious always online drms that I've been forced to endure and you will lose any progression that you've made in the singleplayer (campaign) when "connection failed" pops upDespite of having been released at full price with half baked ffb and lack of content, it didn't stop Codemasters from locking half of your game behind a season pass (dlc) paywall. It also comes with one of the most egregious always online drms that I've been forced to endure and you will lose any progression that you've made in the singleplayer (campaign) when "connection failed" pops up (or you can't play at all) and you've to wait for their racenet drm server to play catch up. Expand
  4. Mar 3, 2019
    Physics are pretty good but that's it. Dirt rally is still waaay better. Tarmac physics is not imporved, there's no force feedback when using s wheel, always online DRM deletes your save file it your internet connection is down or their servers decide to not connect for a minute. Impossible difficulty, no difficulty setting. Avoid this game. It a scam, you can't even play and progressPhysics are pretty good but that's it. Dirt rally is still waaay better. Tarmac physics is not imporved, there's no force feedback when using s wheel, always online DRM deletes your save file it your internet connection is down or their servers decide to not connect for a minute. Impossible difficulty, no difficulty setting. Avoid this game. It a scam, you can't even play and progress through single player. Expand
  5. Mar 18, 2019
    Pros: Only car physics is better than Dirt Rally/Dirt 4.

Problems:
    FPS unstable.
    Career require online.
    Sound disappear randomly.
    A lot content not released and come in paid DLC.

Conclusion:I buy preorder and still even can't start career.
  6. Apr 1, 2019
    Dirt Rally 2.0 is a racing "simulator" with weak and missing force feedback with wheels, flickering on triple screens, no VR, lag on high end gaming rigs, sound issues and slip and slide arcade asphalt physics.

Force feedback is not just weak but missing. You can feel the slight pressure of the wheel, but you cannot feel the road. With ffb setting all the way up you can crash into a boulder at high speeds and feel nothing. In DR1 if you crank up ffb settings all the way it is so strong you can barely hold onto the wheel.

Many Logitech wheel users are unable to adjust steering sensitivity. You must turn your wheel 180 degrees in order to get the in game wheel to turn 90, and this is with steering saturation all the way up. Steering is fine with my xbox controller.

Single player requires a constant internet connection. Server issues is causing a number of issues - like being unable to play single player, race results being reset and even progress being completely lost. So even if you do have good internet you are not safe from these problems.

Asphalt has poor grip and unrealistic slip and slide physics. In my research I read that Codemasters knows there is a problem and knows how to fix it, BUT that would require programming the AI to drive on it properly. So instead of properly programming the AI they give us arcade asphalt physics.

Graphically DR2 looks somewhere between Dirt 4 and Dirt Rally 1 - which is a downgrade. The race marshal has the exact same face in DR1 and is the same for every race. Like this guy travels all over the world and marshals every single rally race on the planet. How the graphics get worse but the system requirements keep increasing is a mystery to me.

Lag and stutter. Many are experiencing stuttering from every few seconds, to every thirty seconds. This is even on high end gaming rigs and with graphic settings turned down.

It's really annoying that every professional reviewer gave this good reviews. I've unsubbed from every sellout youtuber that gave this a positive review. I trusted these sellout liars to tell the truth. Never again.

I know a lot of people will defend the game and say you have to wait for the first few updates, or the game isn't finished yet. This is NOT early access. It's a game being sold at a AAA price. Only in the game industry has it become normal to sell unfinished broken products. Imagine going to a restaurant and they serve you raw meat, or buying a movie or book that is unfinished. In any other industry it is unacceptable - and it should be the same in the game industry.

Overall DR2.0 is a simcade that needs at least another year of development. I was lucky enough to be able to refund. Maybe I'll try it again this Christmas when it's $10.
  7. Feb 27, 2019
    For £45 you are being served reheated leftovers from a couple of years ago - and not even all of them. You have to pay extra for the remaining ones. At least the dessert is free - track degradation - the only new aspect of gameplay.

And how would you expect such a meal to look like? That's right, it looks dated even at ultra.

Lacks content, worth ~£20.
  8. Feb 28, 2019
    I have to give it a 0 because of always online single player. Love dirt and codemasters games. Hopefully this low user sore will stop them from implementing anti consumer policies in the future. If not then its the end for codemasters.
  9. Mar 12, 2019
    don't understand why so bad comments.if you're semı-sımulatıon control and lıke rally thıs game best for you.ıt's gamepad frıend.and long tıme after I felt the orıgınal colın mcrae rally dırt sensatıon whıle drıvıng also.that's why ıs so enjoyable.

dırt rally maybe a good game but need steerıng wheel controllıng and wıthout ıt control wıth pad ıs so ımposıbble.game's atmoshpere has some magıc also.
  10. May 6, 2019
    The game has great gameplay but is way too short! It has only 6 rallies with repetetive/reversed stages! If you want to play more rallies (from dirt 1 !!!!) you need to pay more. I don't think the game is worth the money
  11. Feb 26, 2019
    Разработчики поскупились на русскую локализацию в игре. Я же поскуплюсь поставить положительный отзыв и заплатить деньги за игру.
    Спасибо большое, а ведь я ждал игру, но без русского языка не стану играть принципиально.
  12. Mar 14, 2019
    Some moron put "retire from event" just below "restart race" and at the last race in first cup I accidently retired and ruined entire cup and finished 4th despite being 1st in all races until final, which meant that I have to do all again, first this review.
  13. Feb 28, 2019
    Graphics dont look great compared to other racings games of 2018. Mechanics are really bad.
  14. Mar 6, 2019
    If you like racing, own a force feedback steering wheel? This is a great game. Be aware that this is just about the rally racing itself. No stories or unlocks/skill trees etc.. Only should have had 2 more maps in base game. For FFB steering wheel owners: download latest driver (otherwise ffb probably doesn't work).
  15. Feb 27, 2019
    Зачем однопользовательской игре - ОНЛАЙН? ВЫ за деньгами погнались?
  16. Feb 26, 2019
    Great game. Better than Dirt Rally in every way. There are some issues with Racenet and the ffb is a little light but I have confidence that Codies will sort it all out.
  17. Apr 9, 2019
    It's an arcade simulator. I get what they're trying to do though, appease both sides of the gaming market. However, it doesn't work well as there are no people in the middle. Make it an arcade game, or make it a simulator. The only other issue I can think of is always-online DRM. The solution to this, buy the game, but download the pirated copy to eliminate that issue.
  18. Mar 1, 2019
    DiRT Rally 2.0 offers you patience test if you are not already cancer. Game mechanics and story is ridiculous.
  19. Apr 23, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lovely!
    You must add a sort of Handle Mod ,just like the dirt 4.
    Many people did not have a Wheel Controller ,Who's just only want to be fun in their ways, like before.

i think it's too harder for Rookie like me.
  20. May 4, 2019
    Graphics looks like from 2012 era, game is poorly re-textured and optimized with weird colors and lighting, massive stuttering, always on-line feature, buggy car handling, black DLC strategy, bad weather effects - rain looks like big rods falling from the sky. This couldn't be done by the people who released first Dirt Rally game.
  21. Jul 4, 2019
    Sadly, it's probably the best rally sim out there at the moment. Still not much of a sim though. The physics are more rules based than physics based just like every other codemasters title. It does have some nice long rally stages and the graphics are ok but the handling... it's just another iteration of the same old floaty, disconnected "physics" that codemasters is famous for.
  22. Jun 3, 2019
    Updated review (June 3rd '19): The game is finally in a state where I dare recommend it. It is in particular the FFB which has now been upgraded to a state, where it is more than half decent. I would even say I definitely enjoy the FFB in many aspects now. It has elevated the driving experince from uninspiring to exciting.

The rest of the game is rock solid, greatly crafted (but too

The rest of the game is rock solid, greatly crafted (but too few) tracks and very nice selection of cars. The graphics are stellar with good performance and the audio is great. The pace notes co-driver voice is not to my liking, but I guess that is a very personal preference.

Based on the improved FFB I would now recommend the game and I have raised my score given from 5 to 8. The game will probably never be as iconic as the original DIRT Rally, but it is at this very moment the best new rally game out there.
  23. May 19, 2019
    Really Lovely rally game.
    Great amounts of content, right now more than double that of the predecessor.
    Well thoughtout Forcefeedback, Car physics and Good graphics for the Genre.
  24. May 24, 2019
    This is the best rally game you can get right now and there has been an effort to deliver what the fans have been requested over the paths few months (example: FFB update, among other stuff that's coming very soon). The game is getting better and better with the continuous support throughout the seasons and I sincerely hope more seasons make an appearance on the development board, becauseThis is the best rally game you can get right now and there has been an effort to deliver what the fans have been requested over the paths few months (example: FFB update, among other stuff that's coming very soon). The game is getting better and better with the continuous support throughout the seasons and I sincerely hope more seasons make an appearance on the development board, because the core game and the core platform is great to build on.

Might've had a rocky start, but the journey is being great.
  25. Jun 3, 2019
    Let me start with the fact that I have 200 hours in Dirt Rally 1. So now I can tell you that this game isn't worth its money. Took it only due to the fact that I have Steering system from Logitech, so I wanted to give it a try. My piece of advice is don't try to play it on steering wheel, it's not compatible with it. despite the fact that I set the controls by hand, it didn't work in aLet me start with the fact that I have 200 hours in Dirt Rally 1. So now I can tell you that this game isn't worth its money. Took it only due to the fact that I have Steering system from Logitech, so I wanted to give it a try. My piece of advice is don't try to play it on steering wheel, it's not compatible with it. despite the fact that I set the controls by hand, it didn't work in a right way.
    Graphics 7/10 for 2019, just take a look at Horizon or Project CARS.
    Controls 6/10, Awful for Steering system, OK for keyboard
    Audio 8/10. Sounds can change depending on the weather, road or grass. Condition of your car, engine, etc. can also change the sound of car.
    Feel and feedback from game 3/10, even with vibrating steering system and VR goggles there's no feeling that you're in the game.
    Price 2/10, not worth it
    Conclusion:
    Game was made only in order to get profit, not to bring in new feelings or technologies.

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    May 15, 2019
    As often is the case with Codemasters, Dirt Rally 2.0 failed to properly build upon the success of its predecessor. Even if we disregard the blatant DLC-milking, there’s still the issue of quirky physics and poor sound effects. [Issue#237, p.42]
  2. Apr 20, 2019
    Dirt Rally 2.0 will not become a cult hit like Colin McRae Rally 2.0 did. Still, if you’re tired of the original Dirt Rally, don't miss this sequel — decent rally simulators are a very rare breed these days.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 4, 2019
    An improvement in all aspects, but above all a great ride to test your skills. Just a pity for those business shenanigans that make the content lag behind the form by more than just a few milliseconds. [Issue#294]