2.5

1. Nov 24, 2018
    I made an account here just so i could give this game a 0. Bethesda is capable of so much more, and the shameless cash grab that is fallout 76 is ironically shameful.
  2. WAD
    Nov 15, 2018
    This is a game without a plot, goal and meaning.Buy it if you have nowhere to spend money.
  3. Nov 24, 2018
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Support Team.

Customers who have downloaded the game are not eligible for a refund. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If there is anything else we can assist you with please reply to this email for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Bethesda Support
  4. Nov 15, 2018
    It's a minimum effort asset flip, to establish a "live service" game like all the big boys have, so they can sell cosmetics to their hapless fans

Vote with your wallet and stay away from this train wreck.
  5. Nov 15, 2018
    After 6 hours i must admit gameplay is TERRIBLE boring, BORING and loonely.
    Why you ruined Fallout?
    You threw away everything that made the Fallout series awesome (nps, mod ecc) to conceive an hybrid MMO abomination. You mad ?
  6. Nov 17, 2018
    I created an account on here just to further inform my fellow gamers and friends of how terrible this game actually is. I've spent over 10 hours ingame and honestly it felt like a boring lonely chore to get anything done, EVEN WITH MY FRIENDS. The UI is archaic, the server selection nonexistent, and lack of matchmaking tools or modernized friend/party systems makes it that much more of aI created an account on here just to further inform my fellow gamers and friends of how terrible this game actually is. I've spent over 10 hours ingame and honestly it felt like a boring lonely chore to get anything done, EVEN WITH MY FRIENDS. The UI is archaic, the server selection nonexistent, and lack of matchmaking tools or modernized friend/party systems makes it that much more of a chore to play.

Bethesda, you should honestly be ashamed. You're not supposed to be like EA. The Todd Howard memes were funny and all but now he can rest his legacy next to his fat wallet, in his pocket, hopefully never to come back into the light. Return to form or do not hurt the fallout franchise further.
  7. Nov 15, 2018
    Worst "Game" I have ever endured. Shame, this could have been so much better :/
  8. Nov 17, 2018
    No Npc really killed this game there no reason they shouldn't be here I mean **** destiny has NPC I mean come on!!!!!
  9. Nov 15, 2018
    This is a joke... Fallout76 is just a DLC for Fallout4 wich cost's 60€... really?! Not even NPC's, the graphics are awful, Bethesda i hope this "game" is a lesson for you. The modders can't help you this time.
  10. Nov 17, 2018
    Businesspeople are making decisions, not gamers. RIP Bethesda, it's been fun.
  11. Nov 15, 2018
    I simply refuse to pay for a company showing giant middle finger to their loyal fans, by releasing this game with new title and calling it "Fallout 76" with in-game store for cash grab

I'm huge fan of Fallout games and I even liked FO4 with all issues that came with it, but Fallout 76 is ABSOLUTELY garbage, this is unfinished game, broken af, I cant believe they actually released it with its current status, this is not even an alpha. the animation is absurd, textures probably worse than Fallout 3, guns in this game feels awkward... this game deserve 0 score or even worse!
  12. Nov 16, 2018
    Bethesda 2017 - Save Single-player!
    Bethesda 2018 - Fallout 76 is complete (errm, I mean broken) online experience.
    Single-player - Am I a joke to you? Jokes aside, fallout 76 is a complete mess! And that statement is not even close to an exaggeration. Server disconnection is a common thing, framerate dips, common bethesda bugs and glitches, enemies spawning out of the sky and you
    Bethesda 2017 - Save Single-player!
    Bethesda 2018 - Fallout 76 is complete (errm, I mean broken) online experience.
    Single-player - Am I a joke to you?
    Server disconnection is a common thing, framerate dips, common bethesda bugs and glitches, enemies spawning out of the sky and you getting dropped inside a horde of enemies with no equipped weapons is just some of the things you can expect in the game.
    That's just the technical side of things though and maybe bethesda will fix it, maybe...
    One thing that bethesda can't fix is the empty open world, not without a massive patch that completely changes everything in the game, umm sorry did I say everything? 'massive patch that changes the game'. fallout 76 is bethesda's attempt to join the "Games as a service" movement.
    Also, the engine hasn't aged well, bethesda seriously needs to develop a new engine for it's open world games.
    Anyway, I can't recommend fallout 76 unless you wanna waste your $60 and question your life decisions.
  13. Nov 20, 2018
    The negative reviews are very much deserved for this game. it's on an engine that is over a decade old and was made for single player games. Many of the bugs in this game have existed for years in the past bugthesdas games and now people are telling me they are finally going to fix them, I find that hard to believe. Bugthesda should have made an entirely new engine for a game like this butThe negative reviews are very much deserved for this game. it's on an engine that is over a decade old and was made for single player games. Many of the bugs in this game have existed for years in the past bugthesdas games and now people are telling me they are finally going to fix them, I find that hard to believe. Bugthesda should have made an entirely new engine for a game like this but no, gotta spend the least amount of money possible. Another point to back this up: a majority of the assets in the game are from fallout 4 and 76s files are even compatible with fallout 4, don't know about you guys but that's seems extremely lazy to me.The file structure is also the same, that is why some people were able to make mods so easily. Again, seems very lazy to me. Expand
  14. Nov 22, 2018
    Bethesda selling this game for 60$ like its a AAA game only comes across as a cash grab to me. I didn't like the way the did the chat wheel in Fallout 4, I must say they did get rid of it and replaced it with nothing at all, then continued that idea till they had fallout 76 "completed". this would have been a fine DLC for Fallout 4, not a stand-alone that looks like a copy past of 4.
  15. Nov 18, 2018
    Bad game, absolutely bad game. Bethesda made another unFallout game for no one.
  16. Nov 17, 2018
    Let me start off by saying I love fallout, I started from fallout 3 and kept playing the different ones that have came out, this one by fair is trash, I made a account to try to help other people save their money... Wait until they fix it
  17. Nov 15, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game doesn't feel like a fallout game. It feels less alive then the first two games made over a decade ago. It lacks any substance, character, and creativity. Bethesda has proven rhey have no respect for their consumers, as this is a clear cash grab. In game purchases, unfinished game at full price, low production effort, in all, a total pos. Bethesda got too greedy with this one. Expand
  18. Nov 17, 2018
    Come on guys, this is beyond a joke. It's multiplayer game that wants you to play with others and yet there is no incentive what so ever to do so. Forget the ps2 graphics, bugs, 0 NPCs, terrible gun play etc etc etc. This game literally fails at its core. What's funny is the audacity to actually implement micro transactions. Literally taking the consumer for huge joke.
  19. Nov 16, 2018
    I love how paid critics and so called users with favorable ratings (Bethesda Employees) try to justify this absolute piece of broken spamware with fancy words, money never changes
  20. Nov 16, 2018
    It's a boring griefer-fest garbage game that should never have existed. The internet ruins everything
  21. Nov 18, 2018
    This isnt even a fallout game. Taking out everything that made it good and giving us washed out bs how is this good or fun for that matter for anyone. Worst idea they ever came up with.
  22. Nov 18, 2018
    This game is just an ultimate sh*t: sh*tty graphics, sh*tty optimization, sh*tty fetch quests, sh*tty online code, sh*tty cheater protection, sh*tty shooting, sh*tty scavenger-like gameplay, the sh*ttiest animations in the world. If you wanna support Bethesda, just buy a Skyrim once again instead of that sh*t.
  23. Nov 15, 2018
    A complete betrayal of the fanbase, or even the gaming community in general. The game is a mess. Horribly outdated engine with bad shooting and tons of bugs. It's a disgusting mess. Thanks Todd. I'm not buying your game. I tried it on a friend's account just to laugh at your lazy work.
  24. Nov 15, 2018
    0,4 of 10 for this game. Bad graphics. Bad gameplay. Bad optimization. Bad Zenimax
  25. Nov 15, 2018
    Poor performance, bad graphics, boring story, no Fov slider, 60 FPS cap.
    With a GTX 1080 ti and an i7 7700k you get in some Areas around 40 FPS. On low settings!
    The game quickly gets boring, you can't do anything else as explore and loot.
  26. Nov 15, 2018
    soulless boring cashgrab, also thanks for fcking up game lore again. hope this teach you a lesson, bethesda. also ffs make a new engine :)
  27. Nov 17, 2018
    Why do we put up with this?
    Have some smarts people, don't let big publishers fool you into preorders.
    For them to be able to profit off rubbish like this is a direct insult upon your intelligence.
    We live in an age of information, USE IT.
  28. Nov 18, 2018
    I was sold on the awesome setting of the Fallout universe. Then Fo76 just crapped all over it. This is THE biggest waste of money I can ever recall spending money on and I purchased Battlecruiser 3000AD.

*No story
    *Terrible enemy AI
    *Terrible gun play
    *Single player engine modified for MP with all the Bethesda bugs

Avoid this like the plague.
  29. Nov 17, 2018
    Laggy glitchy unfinished no content mess. This is not worth 60 dollars.....it is barely worth 20! If this "game" was on nexus mods it wouldn't even be one of the best ones.
  30. Nov 16, 2018
    Boring, unfinished, buggy, bad console port with outdated graphics, no optimisation, empty sandbox with **** fps combat.
    PS Its not Fallout.
  31. Nov 18, 2018
    Worst Fallout game EVER. Bethesda must return to TES and bring back Fallout to Obsidian.
  32. Nov 18, 2018
    Engine from Morrorwind, Buggy as hell, boring Quest, no real Story, Empty World, ugly Game, PvP not working.. What a lazy game... shame on u
  33. Nov 17, 2018
    After 20 hours of playing the game i'm requesting a refund as the game is lacking in content and care from the creators ,
    it shouldn't have ever costed 60$ with such a terrible engine where the game is degrading and becoming unplayable.
    the graphics haven't upgraded since fallout 4, also they locked the game at 30fps. everything looks like plastic and people lag spike around the god
    the graphics haven't upgraded since fallout 4,
    also they locked the game at 30fps.
    everything looks like plastic and people lag spike around the god damn map and ais are losing their walking animations mid fight.
    i feel i bought a beta of a game for 60$ and its such a shame that a AAA game is this awful and unplayable how did Bethesda think it was even ok to sell this game with how many problems it has.
  34. Nov 16, 2018
    Time for Bethesda to move on with this engine and update their framework. In 2018 game looks bad and works like broken early access.
  35. Nov 17, 2018
    Complete TRASH, bugged, broken and disgusting money-grab with absolutely no story. Do not buy!
  36. Nov 16, 2018
    Apply yourself, Bethesda!

1. Bad grafics
    2. Million bugs
    3. Pointless gameplay
    4. Game is boring
  37. Nov 29, 2018
    Bethesda are losing it. This is neither MP nor SP, it's some kind of degenerated mix in between. Not that we wanted a FO mp - FO was always SP and should've remained SP.

Also please don't force us to use Bethesda client.. Why? Why not just have people get it from wherever they want. Steam, GOG etc. This is garbage and I really do not recommend it. FO3, NV, FO4 are all so much better.
  38. Nov 18, 2018
    This is a No Man's Sky level of disaster for Bethesda.

I've been a fan of Fallout since Fallout 1, and I wanted to like this game. The setting lends itself well to a survivor game, and the concept of being able to build structures with permanence in a shared fallout world is a wonderful dream. But a dream it will remain. If a game isn't going to have a story, it needs to have a
    This is a No Man's Sky level of disaster for Bethesda.

If a game isn't going to have a story, it needs to have a compelling world and environment. If it isn't going to have a compelling world and environment, it needs to have a great story. There is no story in Fallout 76, and the limitation on building structures (and the only permanent structures are those near your CAMP deployment [UPDATE: even those structures will randomly disappear without warning, it turns out]), makes building a futile waste of time. You're better off investing time into Fallout 4 settlements. Adding to this frustration is litany of poor design choices and bugs - no push to talk, no engine update (setting is in West Virginia but you can't climb up ledges when jumping at them - even DOOM lets you do this), its a social game that limits your party to four, the graphics are mediocre for the era, server crashes aren't uncommon. I really want to say something positive about the game because I love the Fallout franchise, but this honestly feels like discovering while you still care about your significant other, they've given up on the relationship.

This game lacks story, it lacks environment, and it comes with an unruly bucket of bugs from an outdated engine that needed to be put out to pasture after Skyrim. After the first day of playing it the only motivation I had for keeping at it was to see if it ever got compelling in its own right besides having Fallout in the title. It doesn't. This is the kind of work I'd expect, and be excited for, if it came from community modders, for free. This is not a AAA title release. Save your money for then it's 10 dollars.

This is a Vault-Tec style social experiment at total deprivation of satisfaction.
  39. Nov 17, 2018
    That's a true PIECE OF **** not Fallout game... Just vote by your wallet peoples and DONT BUY THIS **** Maybe then, that GREEDY BETHESDA corporation will start to respect the Fallout fans and the players, becouse for now they have us in their asses and everything that they want t's only our CA$H.
  40. Nov 17, 2018
    What upsets me about this game is i was stupid enough to buy it
    because i am a fallout junkie! But the worst part?......... it could be a very
    longgggg time before a real FaLLOut game comes out again!
  41. Nov 18, 2018
    No PC options that have become standard, no story, no NPCs, world is boring, more bugs then a 2 dollar whore, launcher deletes game, launcher won't let you uninstall game, microtransactions, frame rate locked at 63, No STEAM.
  42. Nov 16, 2018
    It's time to stop giving Bethesda a free pass on awful bugs, bland content and putting the money above their customers. It's time to put our foot down and demand better for our $60.

Post-Skyrim, Bethesda has turned ugly. They've taken the same sociopathic hyper-corporate road as EA and Activision, chasing that sweet cash money to the nth degree while ruthlessly exploiting their fan base and making inferior games.

For some reason they've been allowed to get away with this for years. The bought-and-paid-for reviewers seem to find "Bethesda bugs" charming and quaint, even joking about how they're "part of the experience".

Maybe if you get a free review copy of the game they are terribly amusing, but when I'm paying $60 for the privilege I expect the game to run properly and not have to hack the .ini files for hours myself to get it to work. Top "journalists", how much is Bethesda paying you again?

Anyway, to the game; Fallout 76 is more of the same bland, buggy tripe that we got with Fallout 4 (to the extent it's essentially a multiplayer mod).

It comes from the same school of cash-grab thought as Metal Gear Survive. Fallout 76's ancient engine is poorly diguised with a flaking new coat of beige paint.

Unlike single-player Betheda releases, they can't rely wholly on unpaid amateur modders to fix their bugs this time around and so they're likely here to stay. At least it means they won't get to exploit their dedicated community to do their work for them for free.

Continuing on from Fallout 4's hollow stripping down of the Fallout franchise, Fallout 76 goes another step further, removing all NPCs and replacing them with the cheap, boring terminals and holotapes of Fallout 3 and 4. You know, those excruciatingly boring and meaningless quests people hated (yet are very easy to make)...there's a whole game of those now. Yippee!

The MP component itself is underwhelming, with castrated PvP (because they didn't want it to be too harsh for the ultra-casuals they're appealing to) and boring co-op. It's no fun to run around in an empty world where there's nothing to do and no real plot.

Ignore the inevitable 10/10 IGN and "actually I quite like the politics" Kotaku reviews, as they excitedly kiss the rumps of their masters. Bethesda have churned out re-release after re-release of Skyrim, tried to force "Paid Mods" into their games and now they've moved into cynical cash-grab territory. It's time to push back.
  43. Nov 16, 2018
    In a world where Fallout 3 is 10 and New Vegas is 9 and Fallout 4 is 8, Fallout 76 is 1. But in a world where there are Half-Life, GTA, Bioshock and other games this game is flat out 0. That is no hate towards the game but an honest score. Fallout game where there is practically no story, no human npc's and is basically all the worse parts of fallout 4. This game could have been done soIn a world where Fallout 3 is 10 and New Vegas is 9 and Fallout 4 is 8, Fallout 76 is 1. But in a world where there are Half-Life, GTA, Bioshock and other games this game is flat out 0. That is no hate towards the game but an honest score. Fallout game where there is practically no story, no human npc's and is basically all the worse parts of fallout 4. This game could have been done so much better. This game just feels like midterm cashgrab before Fallout 5.
    And bethesdas explanation of ''this game is better with friends'' is sad, because everything is better with friends, watching paint dry or lawn grow is better with friends.
  44. Nov 19, 2018
    I'm 16 hours in and I don't understand what this "game" is trying to be. Role playing? I've yet to experience a moment of it? The majority of people are just moving from A to B it's like starring at the sun but you paid a company for the privilege to do so.
  45. Nov 16, 2018
    Not like this... not like this. This is not the Fallout we want. It's not even a RPG we want.

This feels like multiplayer mod for Fallout 3 where every texture is re-used, everything feels old and everything is just meh. If you are playing with a friend or two then Fallout 76 is "just fine" but alone is just pure garbage. There's no story, no NPS's, nothing. You just listen the holotapes and travel from A to B while killing a few robots, mutants or ghouls... Even base managing is a straight ripoff from Fallout 4.

It's just hard to understand that this game is made by Bethesda who also made Elder Scrolls Online.
  46. Nov 17, 2018
    I only start playing the franchise with fallout 4 and well, the game was really good, the graphism were pretty rough but overall that was a fun experience.

I continue now with Fallout 76 with 3 friends and my god, this game has a lot of things to patch, the graphism did not evolove a bit in 3 years and the performance are terrific. First of all, the numbers of bugs and quests that

First of all, the numbers of bugs and quests that are blocked because of them are quite large, I am not even talking about the events which are 1 times on 3 event, not possible to finish.

The narative is not very interesting as we can't refer ourself to any character as there is none, the notes and holoband are an horror to read or listen to.

The garaphical bugs are everywhere some animations does not launch properly, shadows are all black or none existent. The graphics are still really rough and can't be considered as a style of the studio. When graphism are bad we have to say it.

Lot of mechanics are not good at all, as a french player the controls for base construction and overall gameplay are not really good, I have to find workaround to move in construction mode and I cannot move when I am lauching a grenade because the studio did not think of the shortcuts of nvidia.

Also there was a lot of fps drop during my playtime going to 20 fps and going back to 60, 2 second after.

To conclude, I think the game is not bad at all for the price, you can have fun on it. But it really need a lot of fix and the engine need a lot of work for the next games.
  47. Nov 17, 2018
    The game feels like a straight up DLC for fallout 4 but with a no man sky when it frist came out. Sure it potentially and be alot more fun of you have freinds along the way but most the fallout fans are more singles players. So ita like a fallout with anything that make a it fallout game what people loved about pretty much. Getting supplies suck and take time as stim packs are rare to comeThe game feels like a straight up DLC for fallout 4 but with a no man sky when it frist came out. Sure it potentially and be alot more fun of you have freinds along the way but most the fallout fans are more singles players. So ita like a fallout with anything that make a it fallout game what people loved about pretty much. Getting supplies suck and take time as stim packs are rare to come by and just in gernal it feelts like they terid make a fallout online like the elder scrolls online. Maybe once they fix alot the problems i would condire it at $20 bucks at most if supported mods orther wise i wouldnt conisder it Expand
  48. Nov 17, 2018
    Absolutely not. No. This cannot go on, Bethesda should NOT be allowed to push this garbage anymore. It's time to hand Elder Scrolls and Fallout to a new dev, and Bethesda should just stick to publishing games.
  49. Nov 17, 2018
    enough of this bethesda this is just a cashgrab if you have interest for this game ,wait dont buy intil get better and its in sale when the game fix most of bugs and fix the security and hacks issues
  50. Nov 16, 2018
    Bethesda was hijacked by an Early Access developer's studio, apparently which resulted in Epic Fail that is fallout 76; Please do not purchase under any circumstances.
  51. Nov 17, 2018
    After playing for a few hours, I got absolutely tired of it. No story, no companions and the “main missions” are more like side missions. Not a fan of this new game concept. Bedestha does not know what exactly their fans actually want! This is a huge mistake and a total waste of the company’s effort!

Face it. We all know this is just “Fallout 4 Online” in disguise, just like GTA Online. The only difference is that users pay the cost upfront and not via micro transactions.
  52. Nov 16, 2018
    I'm registering my account here just to say the same as already said by hundreds. If you are a fan of Fallout 1, 2, 3 (NV), even the 4th... Don't buy. You will be sad, you will be disappointed.
    Such a waste... Not my money.. What they did with Fallout.
  53. Dec 5, 2018
    2 minutes ago I registered a metacritic account just to **** on this shell of a game, it have no substance, empty as hell and the control feels like it was made by digital homicide, the graphics looks horrifyingly horrible compare to every 2018 games that is made by other "big companies", and the server crash on a daily basis. Bathesda is clearly milking this game so they can have enough2 minutes ago I registered a metacritic account just to **** on this shell of a game, it have no substance, empty as hell and the control feels like it was made by digital homicide, the graphics looks horrifyingly horrible compare to every 2018 games that is made by other "big companies", and the server crash on a daily basis. Bathesda is clearly milking this game so they can have enough budget for fallout 5. DON'T BUY THIS GAME.

Edit: and enough with this "everyone have their own opinion" bs, there is a clear difference between "opinions" and facts, the fact that Bethesda made a half made, bug rendered game is just pathetic, it is getting old that people are still super defensive towards Bethesda and their "quality games" after all these years with little to no change. And in the counter of "I enjoy this game with my friends" statement, well no **** **** you dip****, anything can be fun with friends, even watching Boku no Pico is fun with friends, but should anyone watch a child gay porn just because "it is fun with friends"?? Hell nah. Bethesda stripped everything good out of the fallout franchise and expected people to like it, well that 80% sale drop is the direct **** you" response to Bethesda from fans, and I am glad that a big company finally gets punished by their ****ty actions
  54. Nov 26, 2018
    There is no NPC.
    There is no story.
    There is no Fallout universe.
    There is no survival feeling.
    This not Fallout. It looks fake.
  55. Nov 16, 2018
    game is extremely glitchy. having to drink water and eat food constantly is very annoying as well as not being able to carry hardly any items without becoming overencumbered. no nps makes for a very dull story line. i do not recommend this game to anyone even if you are a fallout fan because all it will do is make you mad
  56. Nov 15, 2018
    As a lover of the franchise I had to create an account here in Metacritic just to write the following lines:

Bethesda doesn't care for its costumers, at all. I tried so hard to defend this game and give this installment a chance, but after playing a few hours after release and getting bored as hell, I had to ask for refund just to find out they won't give your money back after the release date of the game.

This is the last time I buy a game as a pre-order. And probably the last time I'll ever buy a Bethesda game.

What is Fallout without the factions fighting for power, heartbreaking stories and awesome companions?

The game strongest point - its combat system - is unresponsive and laggy. Meelee build is just impossible or not worthy.

God forgive me for paying this sick joke of a Fallout 4 multiplayer mod the price of a full retail game. Costumers, speak with your wallets.
  57. Nov 20, 2018
    This game is nothing but a pile of Garbage. Totally doesn't live up to the hype of what this series is supposed to deliver. I've lost faith in Fallout and the future of this franchise which lies in the risk of being dominated with greed by Bethesda who keeps repeating the same mistakes. Totally not worth the sixty dollars you worked hard for or if you're from Australia. It's not worthThis game is nothing but a pile of Garbage. Totally doesn't live up to the hype of what this series is supposed to deliver. I've lost faith in Fallout and the future of this franchise which lies in the risk of being dominated with greed by Bethesda who keeps repeating the same mistakes. Totally not worth the sixty dollars you worked hard for or if you're from Australia. It's not worth ninety-nine dollars. I just hope this game will go free to play as it is really in a bad state. Bethesda doesn't seem to be the developers we recognize anymore because of corporate greed and money hungry idiots in the game industry. If the next Fallout game follows what 76 is right now. I will totally not bother playing it. Obsidian should handle the franchise more than Bethesda Game Studios either because Todd Howard's mind has turned twisted or he is really scooping the influence of modern video games that have microtransactions (eg. Black Ops, Fortnite). Clearly Obsidian made their Fallout Game, Fallout New Vegas a masterpiece because it was different and not cliched compared to Bethesda. Bethesda Game Studios should diversify the ways we can play Fallout games like what Obsidian achieved. The Fanbase should really admit to what their favourite game developers are doing, which is backstabbing them. And overshadowing the greed that they possess. Expand
  58. Nov 16, 2018
    Bethesda. You promised us that war never changes. Well, it did change. It became a laggy and boring experience. Huge, empty sandbox without any meaningful content. This isn't the Fallout we want.
  59. Nov 15, 2018
    This is not fallout, heck, it's not even a game, it's a shell of a broken piece of garbage, completely lifeless, buggy and empty. Bethesda has reached a new low, I hadn't seen such a terrible boring and unfinished "game" in my life. This thing is worth $60 and with microtransactions, which by the way it's the only thing that works properly? What a joke! Avoid at all cost! this broken pieceThis is not fallout, heck, it's not even a game, it's a shell of a broken piece of garbage, completely lifeless, buggy and empty. Bethesda has reached a new low, I hadn't seen such a terrible boring and unfinished "game" in my life. This thing is worth $60 and with microtransactions, which by the way it's the only thing that works properly? What a joke! Avoid at all cost! this broken piece of crap is the best definition of barren. I hadn't felt so insulted in my life, how can you destroy the fallout franchise like this? give it to Obsidian so they can do it justice. You with Fallout and Activision Blizzard with Diablo are in a competition to see who can destroy their franchise first Expand
  60. Nov 24, 2018
    An absolute travesty on consumers. A buggy mess that is without question inexcusable to put on the market. This game, at least if you care one bit about the gaming future, is a must pass. The game itself isn't worth two stones, play ark or rust if you want a better experience in the same vein.
  61. Nov 15, 2018
    OH dear what a let down after playing RDR 2, honesty is what is missing from this game! If the developer had been up front and honest about what the game is and is not, then Beth net wouldn't be in such a mess and I might have been able to rate it higher.

This is simply an online demo of FO 4 nothing more and, at present at least, somewhat less. That is how it should have been announced, a demo with ongoing dlc improvements. Easy really, quite acceptable the fans would have been engaged, money would still be made (in game) and time to bed in the new engine they would have bought with the enormous amounts of cash we have paid out over the years.

The world is pretty enough though graphics are starting to feel dated, it is also very large and sparsely populated (dlc anyone?), there are two largish settlements to occupy you for 2-3 hours but no more, unless your "grinding". The silliest part about quest and story lines being handed out by the deceased is....... why were they busy doing "dear diary" entries (well just about) instead of panicking or preparing or looting or rooting....... absolutely bare minimum of immersion. Pretty easy to play solo, which is just as well unless you byo friends!

Gosh, by industry standards this is so far off the mark for a AAA in all areas, right down to a 50G launch day patch.... I refer you to my opening paragraphs.

Ohh yeah one more thing, dont bother buying the physical game, the dvd is cardboard (I know right) with a download token hahahahahaha
  62. Nov 18, 2018
    After Fallout 4 and Skyrim I was so excited to finally play Fallout 76.
    1- Paid $70 for the pre-order PC game to be posted to me, only to find it was an empty game case with a download code - RIDICULOUS
    2- Finally booted up only for the server to disconnect every time within 5 minutes of starting 3- Waited another day to play and finally got out of Vault 76, only for the game to
    After Fallout 4 and Skyrim I was so excited to finally play Fallout 76.
    3- Waited another day to play and finally got out of Vault 76, only for the game to disconnect within 30 seconds of playing... this happened 3 times before i cut my losses and went back to playing RDR2 on PS4. Don't know if I'll even both trying to play it again.
  63. Nov 25, 2018
    Absolute disappointment of a **** game. A world devoid of anything compelling. A badly coded mess that is open to multi-player cheating and opens you up for hacking.

Avoid this piece like the plague. Consider all reasons why you loved playing Fallout in the past like me any many other fans. Now, take out all these positive aspects and you get Fallout 76.
  64. Nov 16, 2018
    -- Graphique pas améliorés depuis Fallout4..
    -- Quêtes FEDEX
    -- Pas de PNJ HUMAIN -- Un monde rempli de goule, d'autres goules... et pour finir des goules.... -- Un monde qui est désespérément vide avec un manque de lien évident entre les zones. -- Finalement un multi GRAVEMENT INUTILE (POURQUOI CE MULTI QUI NE SERT A RIEN?) Bref je me fait chier dans ce jeu alors que j'ai fini 2
    -- Graphique pas améliorés depuis Fallout4..
    -- Quêtes FEDEX
    -- Pas de PNJ HUMAIN
    -- Un monde rempli de goule, d'autres goules... et pour finir des goules....

Bref je me fait chier dans ce jeu alors que j'ai fini 2 fois fallout4 à fond...
  65. Nov 16, 2018
    Баги, тысячи их, начиная от невозможности носить ПА, до пропажи квестов.
    Мир без нпс, такой же скучный и серый как без людей
    Нет баланса, школа Ваттон как пример.
    По сути, ЭТО и есть бета-тест, а игра будет, позже...
  66. Nov 14, 2018
    This review will, hopefully, help you to understand what's actually happening.
    It,s indeed pretty much true that some of "0" reviews may be posted by people who didn't even play the game. But, there is one "but"...
    This review will, hopefully, help you to understand what's actually happening.

The true darkness is on the other side. Take a look on several random profiles that gave "10" to this game. Almost like 90% of them have only 1 review (for FO76) and profile names like "superplayer1984". In their reviews, there're writing everything via one of two copypastas: 1) describing all the game features were named by bethesda in trailers (some of which simply even don't exist) and literally telling everything is working perfectly. 2) callin everyone who left a bad review a hater who never played the game.

The second part is as you all know, Bethesda initially released game only on Beth.net - not on Steam, GOG etc. Why? Yes, eaxactly. You can't leave a review there. At least, so easily. Question is - what is it like?

Yes, we all know (especially those who are reading political news) how it looks. Bethesda (I'm not saying directly Pete Hines, obviously not, but through the hands of sub-companies, "family" bloggers and "friendly" game journalists) is litereally using the bots to leave positive reviews and leaving 10 points to at least somehow save catastrophic ratings of the game. Almost all accounts that made 10/10 FO76 reviews were made not by real players behind them, but by certain people, for only one goal - try to save the game ratings on the platform they can't affect directly.

Don't get me wrong. Bethesda was and today still [IS] my favourite game company. But the abyss they are making between themselves and community, how they allow marketing stuff to rule the PR company and game development itself, and how obviously they are trying to hide any possible negative critics about the game - it's really, really sad.

I'm neither FO 76 fan or hater. I just don't care about it - I won't play it and wait for Starfield and TES VI.
    Though, I played more than 20 hours on my friend gaming PC to not let myself make a prejudged review.
    I also wish every player who bought it to have the best possible time in it.
    Fallout 76 is not a "zero" game. But it's a very, very bad game. Extremely outdated engine. Terrible performance. Awful cheating/hacking protection. But what if most important, it's a soulless game which has even less to have at least something in commong with FO series than FO4 had. It's empty, repeative and just boring.
    I won't give "0" to this game. But I'll give as maximum as "3" because this is what FO76 deserves.
  67. Nov 15, 2018
    Been playing Fallout since 1997 and loved every title since.. until this one.
    F76 is just not a Fallout game. It is a generic multilayer game we already have way too much of.
    Been playing Fallout since 1997 and loved every title since.. until this one.
    I still don't know what they where thinking.. why take a timeless and classic franchise as Fallout and ruin it with a cash grab like that... then again, kinda the same thing happened back then with Fallout Tactics. And nobody nowadays is still talking about that one... for a good reason!
    That aside, just looking at it is for what it is... it is a mediocre multiplayer survival game, full of bugs and glitches. Nothing special!
    No npcs, no story, no great characters, no great moments that stick with you for years, like we had in the "real" Fallout games!
    Personally biggest disappointment this year.. but hey, I still have fun with the classic and newer Fallout titles.
  68. Nov 22, 2018
    This is fallout...in a sense. Here's what Bethesda did wrong...

This is fallout...in a sense. Here's what Bethesda did wrong...

The Fallout series has, for the most part, been a single player game with a wasteland full of NPC characters to interact with to breathe life into the wasteland. There was plenty to do, plenty of NPCs to interact with, and quests kept you engaged. Now comes Fallout 76, add vivid colors, online multiplayer, but dropping almost all NPCs which has literally sucked the life out of the wasteland. Really, only 24 real-life players to group up with in an attempt to bring the "world" alive? In the first couple of hours of play, I only came across 3 other people. One was so bored that he just went around shooting everyone. I started to become bored.

Bethesda should have taken Fallout through some "baby-steps" to get it to a full-fledged online multiplayer game. Fallout 76 could have been a pretty good online game, even with just 24 online players, IF they would have kept the vibrant world of NPCs around to keep the world "alive". They should have eased the Fallout community from the usual single-player game into a small interaction of online multiplayer gaming. Work out all the mechanics, fine-tune the multiplayer interaction, etc. They could have gotten away with just 24 players per server if there was enough other NPC/quests to keep you engaged. Once they work out all the issue and streamline the multiplayer experience, and only after this baby-step into the multi-player world, should they have attempted an online version of Fallout devoid of NPCs. And hopefully, servers with about 4-5 times the number of actual online-players to help compensate a Fallout world that would be devoid of NPCs.

Bethesda has taken a great single-player game and tried to do a full-on sprint into the online world and has fallen flat on their face with it. Which is strangle as Elder Scrolls Online seems like a decent game and they should have partnered with the developer for ESO to get it right.

It's just not keeping my interest and the pop-up "side" quests don't do a thing for me either. The world is literally dead and devoid of humans (NPCs) and with only 24 other players on the server, the server feels dead. The game feels like it's already dead... The great Vault-Tec online experiment with Vault 76 seems to be a complete failure. Hopefully, the next vault will have better success than 76 did.

I do love the Fallout series, and I will play some more of Fallout 76. But I don't see me putting in the days-on-end into 76 as I did with previous Fallout versions.
  69. Nov 16, 2018
    $60 for a VERY buggy EARLY ACCESS game that keeps disconnecting. It's not a "Fallout" anymore it just has the Fallout-ish setting with a terrible shooting model.
  70. Nov 14, 2018
    Nothing will help this game, everything is very bad. The series for me finally died.
  71. Nov 14, 2018
    If there ever was a game deserving of the score 0 then it would be this one. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this game, at this point I'm scourging my mind for anything that would be even remotely good about it and the only thing I can think of would be the enjoyment you get from playing with friends but this goes more to the credit of said friends and interaction with othersIf there ever was a game deserving of the score 0 then it would be this one. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this game, at this point I'm scourging my mind for anything that would be even remotely good about it and the only thing I can think of would be the enjoyment you get from playing with friends but this goes more to the credit of said friends and interaction with others online than having anything to do with the game itself.

It uses the same engine as the previous game Fallout 4 which was quite dated at it's time of release dating all the way back to Morrowind and having received the last major update during Skyrim in 2011. To make matters worse it is largely using the same assets from Fallout 4 too that includes guns, armor, textures, objects and much much more. Making it overall feel like some sort of DLC for Fallout 4. But it isn't, it is a full fledged "AAA release" at a price of $59.99 or your regional equivalent. Making it pretty much unacceptable to be in such state.

By that I mean the sheer amount of bugs we saw during very late "beta" which in truth is a lot closer to a demo of the final release as I was able to see. Some off these bugs are classical glitches that occur with use of such outdated engines, but others are a lot more serious like security flaws which allow client side access to sensitive data like IP addresses of other people, and game manipulation trough unencrypted commands sent to the server. This is worsened by the fact that the game lacks any sort of anti-cheat.

Another, rather ironic bug, was the game deleting itself randomly requiring you to re-download more than 50 GB of data, only to find out that it's also impossible to manually uninstall the game without purchasing it after the beta ran out.

The final product doesn't look any better though featuring outdated graphics, horrible performance on PC and especially on console. And severe lack of content, meaning no NPC quest givers, or any NPCs whatsoever, with most of the quests being fueled by holo-tapes and being rather simplistic fetch quests. Downgraded character development, even more downgraded than in Fallout 4, with most of the
    "leveling" happening trough opening "perk packs" which give you a set of randomized perks, possibly a gateway for micro-transactions or even Pay2Win mechanics in the future. Mostly the same "building mechanics" we saw in Fallout 4, with the same inherent flaws that could only be fixed by mods, mostly clipping, and objects having no sense of gravity. And very dull, repetitive enemies, which re-spawn quickly, sometimes even right after being killed.

The PVP experience is also very lackluster, having some "fair play" system in place that makes players take significantly less damage until they shoot back, making it pointless to even engage in PVP as everyone can out-heal the damage done to them. Or should they decide to fight back they can do so with a big warning and call to prepare, which makes anything outside co-op a non option.

Definitely not recommended
  72. Nov 14, 2018
    Boring and BUG Simulator...
    Go to reedit and pum
    No Man's Sky 2 or something like that
  73. Nov 14, 2018
    I've played every Bethesda game and every Fallout game.

After 30 hours of game play I can say this game isn't worth sixty dollars. The story is limited to notes and recordings in a medium that's "Let the player do" instead of "Tell them what happen", normally that kind of story telling is an optional addition to the games experience. Fallout 76 and Fallout 4 both have lore that
    I've played every Bethesda game and every Fallout game.

After 30 hours of game play I can say this game isn't worth sixty dollars.

Fallout 76 and Fallout 4 both have lore that goes against established cannon, retconning those previous games is disrespectful to the writers and developers of past games.

The PC edition launched without a number options typically found in sixty dollar triple A titles. From the options menu you cannot, turn off depth of field, bloom, god rays, bloom, change the Anti Aliasing settings, or set an ultra wide screen resolution. The strange thing is the game does support all those settings if you change them from the configuration files. However the normal user would have a difficult time figuring out how to go about that process. Bethesda omitted those options from the game for seemingly no reason.

After exploring the map, the size of which is one of the games few positives, the gameplay would consist of mostly building your camp and controlling public workshops. The building mode in the game while aggravating at times does work and is improved slightly from Fallout 4.

Other players from my experience will have voice chat turned off and will ignore you after a wave. After twenty hours of leaving my microphone on in hopes that I would make a lasting connection with someone I decided to turn it off so I could listen to an audio book without having to worry about others at all.

All of the good things in Fallout 76 can be better found in Fallout 4, and basically this game is Fallout 4 striped of it's substantial story elements and combined with the restrictions of a multiplayer game.
  74. Nov 19, 2018
    thank you bethesda for destroying one of my favorite franchises
    fallout 4 was not the best thing but it was still a singleplayer experience that i liked
    this thing is just awful
  75. Nov 17, 2018
    Лор игры успешно просран! Оптимизация просрана, геймплей просран. Плевок в лицо фанатам.
  76. Nov 14, 2018
    We could expect a similar failure from a small indie studio that is still (unsuccessfully) looking for its niche, but not from a major player in the video game industry.
    Nevertheless, in 2018, Bethesda releases a low-grade sandbox without the slightest hint of content or gameplay, naively believing that hundreds of people sticking around without any goal or purpose can make the game “interesting” and “exciting”.
    This is certainly not the case.
    The game world is not felt alive at all, the mediocre graphics and unintelligible game design solutions make the Fallout 76 the main disappointment of the year.
  77. Nov 14, 2018
    No soul and feels like a bad Fallout 4 multiplayer mod more than a new game. I am very disappointed.
  78. Nov 15, 2018
    Easily the worst fallout experience on pc ever. The only achievement this game gets is its only the 2nd worse fallout game ever made. That honor still goes to the super nintendo one. Avoid at all costs.
  79. Nov 20, 2018
    Bethestda just want to capitalize fanbase, same as Activision with DIablo Immortal. Yes they can make some money with minimal work, but in long term they are kiling great universe.
    Well deserve 0 score.
  80. Dec 1, 2018
    bethesda. get banned! you destroyed Fallout
    you don't care on players only money is important to you
  81. Nov 15, 2018
    At first it looks interesting - looting and such, but it gets pretty awful. I guess Zenimax will need another Morrowind again, to rise again.
  82. Nov 16, 2018
    Do not Buy! There is nothing that deserves your attention. The game is just bad.
  83. Nov 16, 2018
    I cant quantify the amount of sheer disappointment, i knew i should have canceled my pre-order. The game, if you could call it that, is among the worst quality I've seen in 20 years of gaming. Don't waste your time and money on this. Buy red dead 2 you'll have a much better time.
  84. Nov 19, 2018
    Ужасная игра, отсутствует сюжет, присутствуют многочисленные баги, пожалел что приобрёл данную игру, Bethesda ужасная контора.
  85. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is god awful!
    -FPS locked
    -Can't change FOV
    -Terrible UI
    -Full of bugs
    -Lifeless empty world
    -Bunch of fetch missions.
    -Terrible pvp
    -Microtransactions
    Worse game of 2018!
  86. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is unfinished. I'm not sure if some of the positive reviews are shills or just delusional fanboys. The endless fetch quests will put you right to sleep. The T-Posing enemies will break any chance of immersion you hope to have. The Beta was more of a softlaunch to try and distract buyers from the fact that this game is a buggy unfinished mess. If this game was on Steam it would beThis game is unfinished. I'm not sure if some of the positive reviews are shills or just delusional fanboys. The endless fetch quests will put you right to sleep. The T-Posing enemies will break any chance of immersion you hope to have. The Beta was more of a softlaunch to try and distract buyers from the fact that this game is a buggy unfinished mess. If this game was on Steam it would be mass refunded. Expand
  87. Nov 14, 2018
    (PC) bugged, crazy unoptimized game. i cannot belive there might be triple A game released in such state.
    There were 0 effort putted into making interface friendly for pc users, u navigate menus with "z" "tab" ect.
    99% of time u will sped overweighted unless ur not looting anyhting. and being overweighted is super annoying - u cannot sprint and u move super slow. in addition u cant fast travel anywhere.
    i can run Witcher 3 with 120fps on max det. but this game gets 36-42 fps max, no matter graphic settings.
  88. Nov 14, 2018
    I pre ordered this game and expected something similar to previous games. I played it for some hours, but i'ts a dead lifeless world with good things missing from it. Biggest disappointment I have had with a game for as long as I can remember.
  89. Nov 14, 2018
    Fun solo or with friends experience, No human NPC is a real bummer but quest are still as good as they ever were, you just have to have the effort to look for them and read those terminalsl
  90. Nov 14, 2018
    Locked on 60fps
    Now FOV sldier
    Broken quests
    People are being robbed, keys not working
    Bethesda should go away forever.
  91. Nov 16, 2018
    To expect people to spend their hard-earned money on this is an attack on common sense. Let us be responsible for our actions, let us punish with our purchase decision and with low scores those developers who want to enrich themselves with million-dollar advertising campaigns and products of dismal quality.
  92. Nov 14, 2018
    a fallout game without npc is worthless even playing with other people.
    4 hours listen holotapes is tedious and boring
  93. Nov 14, 2018
    It's not the Fallout I remember aside from it being literally unplayable, buggy and glitchy.
  94. Nov 14, 2018
    The game is a waste of time. Full of bugs and robots without a story or enjoyable characters. Even if you can form a team it is still messy to play. Graphics are old and lighting is weird. I think this was an experiment of Bethesda on if they could sell the worst game with right marketing tactics. Another Dawn of War 3 case at best.
  95. Nov 14, 2018
    As a die-hard Fallout fan, I can only say that this game is horrible.
    From an fallout perspective, this game is anything but fallout.
    Lore breaking changes that don't make sense, no dialogue system or quests what so ever (a first in the fallout franchise). Yes, it is a big open world, but it's empty. If you are a true fallout fan, this game Is absolutely not for you. If you are a fan
    As a die-hard Fallout fan, I can only say that this game is horrible.
    From an fallout perspective, this game is anything but fallout.

If you are a true fallout fan, this game Is absolutely not for you.
    If you are a fan of simple sandbox games, like Rust, Conan exiles, ARK, but you always wanted that with a fallout skin, then this is not a bad game. Not the best, not the worst.

See this as a Fallout for kids.
    A simple fallout game, with low effort, that's not meant for the fans.

Fallout new Vegas was made in a shorter time period than 76, and simply is way better.
    Maybe it's time that Bethesda looks at obsidian for their spin off titles again.

Unfortunately Bethesda hasn't listened to the fans since fallout 4, and to think they'll change is just a pipe dream.
  96. Nov 16, 2018
    Thank you Bethesda for stealing my money for a piece of #&@!

Bugs can be solved, so I do not care about them. But... The game is boring. Why makes sense to do any quest? Where is the logic? Quest like protect area against some monsters, if there are no NPCs? Why I should? Cooperation with another online players just sucks. Why shall I do a coop if I can kill all monsters by two
    Thank you Bethesda for stealing my money for a piece of #&@!

Bugs can be solved, so I do not care about them. But...
    The game is boring. Why makes sense to do any quest? Where is the logic? Quest like protect area against some monsters, if there are no NPCs? Why I should? Cooperation with another online players just sucks. Why shall I do a coop if I can kill all monsters by two gunshots? Looting? (not appropriate level to equip... I don´t want to equip, I want LOOT!!!) Building mechanism? Trying to put a floor is like a mini-game, but pretty boring. Hey Bethesda...well done...I am applauding you for spending money on a useless project which will die in dark...As a big fan of the whole Fallout series, here you just screwed up all key features and killed all reasons why we loved Fallout. And do you think, that the only reason for buying games are a graphic modes and brand? Kick out of the door Tom with all his stupid ideas and sell the brand to somebody who will do the games for gamers and not egoistic useless ideas. BTW... I want my money back. You promised game and fun. And I received a simulator of walking through the boring but quite nice looking nature, without story, without quests, without NPC and even worse...without reason to play.
  97. Nov 14, 2018
    The game, at its very core, is a boring slog of inane missions which are there as an extremely dull distraction from an empty and lackluster world. If the premise of the "game" you are attempting to sell relies primarily playing with friends, then the game needs to provide an interesting environment in which these experiences can happen in. This game utterly fails at that.
  98. Nov 16, 2018
    This is not a Fallout Brian Fargo/Tim Cain created. This is just another Todds money grabber
  99. Nov 14, 2018
    Cash grab, rushed and not worth the money. Where's the soul? The thing that worries me about this game the most is that if it does well, there won't be a single player Fallout 5, we'll just get an MMO with tons of micro transactions which will kill the franchise. I worry for the future of Fallout.
  100. Nov 14, 2018
    Buggy, Laggy, Boring... How on earth Bethesda thought this game was ready for release is beyond me.. Save your money.

1. Mar 5, 2019
    Fallout 76 represents a big disappointment and the lowest point of the series so far. Riddled with bugs, repetitive and dull gameplay, nonexistent story and outdated graphics, it fails as a both multiplayer and singleplayer experience for fans and newcomers alike.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2019
    Miracles do happen once in a while and No Man’s Sky proved that sometimes it is possible to get back on your feet even after a terrible failure. Right now though Fallout 76 is botched spectacularly on so many levels that even talking about this game is a waste of time. [01/2019, p.46]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 10, 2019
    An unfinished game with bifurcated identity and in an almost dysfunctional state. It's hard to build on a bad base, that will never change. Like the war. [Issue#292]