2.7

1. Nov 15, 2018
    Fallout 76 is a lifeless, shell of a world that had most of it's assets ripped from Fallout 4. It goes out of it's way to take everything that Fallout was and throw it in the trash for the sake of appealing to a fanbase that was never there.

Pros. The Music is good, as usual. Cons. No NPC's. No Story outside of notes, holotapes and exposition shouted at you by robots.

Pros.
    The Music is good, as usual.

Cons.
    No NPC's.

No Story outside of notes, holotapes and exposition shouted at you by robots.

Meaningless factions that lead only to busywork repeatable quests such as 'escort this robot' and 'defend this supply cache'.

Shoehorned factions put in simply for brand recognition, despite them making no lore sense in the setting.

PvP that doesn't exist.

PvE that's stupidly easy, and when it's not easy you're just fighting bullet sponges.

The dialogue system removed entirely.

90% of the game is inhabited by these fake ghouls called 'scorched', no enemy variety at all.

Ridiculous micro-transactions that manage to be even worse than the creation club ($3 for a virtual door for your house, $5 for some stupid hat).

It's still on the creation engine. Which means all the bugs that existed in Fallout 4 and even as far back as MORROWIND still persist.

You can speedhack the game just by editing a .ini file.

There's no data encryption. Hope you're not trying to hide your IP address from some stalker.

DO NOT reward Bethesda for this travesty of a game.
  2. Nov 15, 2018
    This game is god awful!
    -FPS locked
    -Can't change FOV
    -Terrible UI
    -Full of bugs
    -Lifeless empty world
    -Bunch of fetch missions.
    -Terrible pvp
    -Microtransactions
    Worse game of 2018!
  3. Nov 24, 2018
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Support Team.

Customers who have downloaded the game are not eligible for a refund. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If there is anything else we can assist you with please reply to this email for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Bethesda Support
  4. Nov 24, 2018
    I made an account here just so i could give this game a 0. Bethesda is capable of so much more, and the shameless cash grab that is fallout 76 is ironically shameful.
  5. Nov 15, 2018
    After 6 hours i must admit gameplay is TERRIBLE boring, BORING and loonely.
    Why you ruined Fallout?
    You threw away everything that made the Fallout series awesome (nps, mod ecc) to conceive an hybrid MMO abomination. You mad ?
  6. Nov 17, 2018
    Businesspeople are making decisions, not gamers. RIP Bethesda, it's been fun.
  7. Nov 17, 2018
    I created an account on here just to further inform my fellow gamers and friends of how terrible this game actually is. I've spent over 10 hours ingame and honestly it felt like a boring lonely chore to get anything done, EVEN WITH MY FRIENDS. The UI is archaic, the server selection nonexistent, and lack of matchmaking tools or modernized friend/party systems makes it that much more of aI created an account on here just to further inform my fellow gamers and friends of how terrible this game actually is. I've spent over 10 hours ingame and honestly it felt like a boring lonely chore to get anything done, EVEN WITH MY FRIENDS. The UI is archaic, the server selection nonexistent, and lack of matchmaking tools or modernized friend/party systems makes it that much more of a chore to play.

Bethesda, you should honestly be ashamed. You're not supposed to be like EA. The Todd Howard memes were funny and all but now he can rest his legacy next to his fat wallet, in his pocket, hopefully never to come back into the light. Return to form or do not hurt the fallout franchise further.
  8. Nov 15, 2018
    It's a minimum effort asset flip, to establish a "live service" game like all the big boys have, so they can sell cosmetics to their hapless fans

Vote with your wallet and stay away from this train wreck.
  9. Nov 16, 2018
    It's time to stop giving Bethesda a free pass on awful bugs, bland content and putting the money above their customers. It's time to put our foot down and demand better for our $60.

Post-Skyrim, Bethesda has turned ugly. They've taken the same sociopathic hyper-corporate road as EA and Activision, chasing that sweet cash money to the nth degree while ruthlessly exploiting their fan base and making inferior games.

For some reason they've been allowed to get away with this for years. The bought-and-paid-for reviewers seem to find "Bethesda bugs" charming and quaint, even joking about how they're "part of the experience".

Maybe if you get a free review copy of the game they are terribly amusing, but when I'm paying $60 for the privilege I expect the game to run properly and not have to hack the .ini files for hours myself to get it to work. Top "journalists", how much is Bethesda paying you again?

Anyway, to the game; Fallout 76 is more of the same bland, buggy tripe that we got with Fallout 4 (to the extent it's essentially a multiplayer mod).

It comes from the same school of cash-grab thought as Metal Gear Survive. Fallout 76's ancient engine is poorly diguised with a flaking new coat of beige paint.

Unlike single-player Betheda releases, they can't rely wholly on unpaid amateur modders to fix their bugs this time around and so they're likely here to stay. At least it means they won't get to exploit their dedicated community to do their work for them for free.

Continuing on from Fallout 4's hollow stripping down of the Fallout franchise, Fallout 76 goes another step further, removing all NPCs and replacing them with the cheap, boring terminals and holotapes of Fallout 3 and 4. You know, those excruciatingly boring and meaningless quests people hated (yet are very easy to make)...there's a whole game of those now. Yippee!

The MP component itself is underwhelming, with castrated PvP (because they didn't want it to be too harsh for the ultra-casuals they're appealing to) and boring co-op. It's no fun to run around in an empty world where there's nothing to do and no real plot.

Ignore the inevitable 10/10 IGN and "actually I quite like the politics" Kotaku reviews, as they excitedly kiss the rumps of their masters. Bethesda have churned out re-release after re-release of Skyrim, tried to force "Paid Mods" into their games and now they've moved into cynical cash-grab territory. It's time to push back.
  10. Nov 16, 2018
    Boring, unfinished, buggy, bad console port with outdated graphics, no optimisation, empty sandbox with **** fps combat.
    PS Its not Fallout.
  11. Nov 17, 2018
    After 20 hours of playing the game i'm requesting a refund as the game is lacking in content and care from the creators ,
    it shouldn't have ever costed 60$ with such a terrible engine where the game is degrading and becoming unplayable.
    the graphics haven't upgraded since fallout 4, also they locked the game at 30fps. everything looks like plastic and people lag spike around the god
    the graphics haven't upgraded since fallout 4,
    also they locked the game at 30fps.
    everything looks like plastic and people lag spike around the god damn map and ais are losing their walking animations mid fight.
    i feel i bought a beta of a game for 60$ and its such a shame that a AAA game is this awful and unplayable how did Bethesda think it was even ok to sell this game with how many problems it has.
  12. Nov 17, 2018
    No Npc really killed this game there no reason they shouldn't be here I mean **** destiny has NPC I mean come on!!!!!
  13. Nov 20, 2018
    The negative reviews are very much deserved for this game. it's on an engine that is over a decade old and was made for single player games. Many of the bugs in this game have existed for years in the past bugthesdas games and now people are telling me they are finally going to fix them, I find that hard to believe. Bugthesda should have made an entirely new engine for a game like this butThe negative reviews are very much deserved for this game. it's on an engine that is over a decade old and was made for single player games. Many of the bugs in this game have existed for years in the past bugthesdas games and now people are telling me they are finally going to fix them, I find that hard to believe. Bugthesda should have made an entirely new engine for a game like this but no, gotta spend the least amount of money possible. Another point to back this up: a majority of the assets in the game are from fallout 4 and 76s files are even compatible with fallout 4, don't know about you guys but that's seems extremely lazy to me.The file structure is also the same, that is why some people were able to make mods so easily. Again, seems very lazy to me. Expand
  14. Nov 22, 2018
    Bethesda selling this game for 60$ like its a AAA game only comes across as a cash grab to me. I didn't like the way the did the chat wheel in Fallout 4, I must say they did get rid of it and replaced it with nothing at all, then continued that idea till they had fallout 76 "completed". this would have been a fine DLC for Fallout 4, not a stand-alone that looks like a copy past of 4.
  15. Nov 18, 2018
    I was sold on the awesome setting of the Fallout universe. Then Fo76 just crapped all over it. This is THE biggest waste of money I can ever recall spending money on and I purchased Battlecruiser 3000AD.

*No story
    *Terrible enemy AI
    *Terrible gun play
    *Single player engine modified for MP with all the Bethesda bugs

Avoid this like the plague.
  16. Nov 16, 2018
    Time for Bethesda to move on with this engine and update their framework. In 2018 game looks bad and works like broken early access.
  17. Nov 17, 2018
    Why do we put up with this?
    Have some smarts people, don't let big publishers fool you into preorders.
    For them to be able to profit off rubbish like this is a direct insult upon your intelligence.
    We live in an age of information, USE IT.
  18. Nov 15, 2018
    Pure cash grab with unnecessary limitations (stash size, weapon/armor level), empty/soulless world and quite a few bugs. Bethesda knew why they didn't released on steam, because this way they could just grab the cash and offer no refunds.

I'm still wondering why Bethesda didn't changed the whole game to battle royal to grab even more cash (probably the engine wasn't up to the task).
  19. Nov 29, 2018
    Bethesda are losing it. This is neither MP nor SP, it's some kind of degenerated mix in between. Not that we wanted a FO mp - FO was always SP and should've remained SP.

Also please don't force us to use Bethesda client.. Why? Why not just have people get it from wherever they want. Steam, GOG etc. This is garbage and I really do not recommend it. FO3, NV, FO4 are all so much better.
  20. Nov 17, 2018
    Complete TRASH, bugged, broken and disgusting money-grab with absolutely no story. Do not buy!
  21. Nov 18, 2018
    This is a No Man's Sky level of disaster for Bethesda.

I've been a fan of Fallout since Fallout 1, and I wanted to like this game. The setting lends itself well to a survivor game, and the concept of being able to build structures with permanence in a shared fallout world is a wonderful dream. But a dream it will remain. If a game isn't going to have a story, it needs to have a
    This is a No Man's Sky level of disaster for Bethesda.

If a game isn't going to have a story, it needs to have a compelling world and environment. If it isn't going to have a compelling world and environment, it needs to have a great story. There is no story in Fallout 76, and the limitation on building structures (and the only permanent structures are those near your CAMP deployment [UPDATE: even those structures will randomly disappear without warning, it turns out]), makes building a futile waste of time. You're better off investing time into Fallout 4 settlements. Adding to this frustration is litany of poor design choices and bugs - no push to talk, no engine update (setting is in West Virginia but you can't climb up ledges when jumping at them - even DOOM lets you do this), its a social game that limits your party to four, the graphics are mediocre for the era, server crashes aren't uncommon. I really want to say something positive about the game because I love the Fallout franchise, but this honestly feels like discovering while you still care about your significant other, they've given up on the relationship.

This game lacks story, it lacks environment, and it comes with an unruly bucket of bugs from an outdated engine that needed to be put out to pasture after Skyrim. After the first day of playing it the only motivation I had for keeping at it was to see if it ever got compelling in its own right besides having Fallout in the title. It doesn't. This is the kind of work I'd expect, and be excited for, if it came from community modders, for free. This is not a AAA title release. Save your money for then it's 10 dollars.

This is a Vault-Tec style social experiment at total deprivation of satisfaction.
  22. Nov 15, 2018
    As a lover of the franchise I had to create an account here in Metacritic just to write the following lines:

Bethesda doesn't care for its costumers, at all. I tried so hard to defend this game and give this installment a chance, but after playing a few hours after release and getting bored as hell, I had to ask for refund just to find out they won't give your money back after the release date of the game.

This is the last time I buy a game as a pre-order. And probably the last time I'll ever buy a Bethesda game.

What is Fallout without the factions fighting for power, heartbreaking stories and awesome companions?

The game strongest point - its combat system - is unresponsive and laggy. Meelee build is just impossible or not worthy.

God forgive me for paying this sick joke of a Fallout 4 multiplayer mod the price of a full retail game. Costumers, speak with your wallets.
  23. Nov 17, 2018
    Let me start off by saying I love fallout, I started from fallout 3 and kept playing the different ones that have came out, this one by fair is trash, I made a account to try to help other people save their money... Wait until they fix it
  24. Nov 16, 2018
    In a world where Fallout 3 is 10 and New Vegas is 9 and Fallout 4 is 8, Fallout 76 is 1. But in a world where there are Half-Life, GTA, Bioshock and other games this game is flat out 0. That is no hate towards the game but an honest score. Fallout game where there is practically no story, no human npc's and is basically all the worse parts of fallout 4. This game could have been done soIn a world where Fallout 3 is 10 and New Vegas is 9 and Fallout 4 is 8, Fallout 76 is 1. But in a world where there are Half-Life, GTA, Bioshock and other games this game is flat out 0. That is no hate towards the game but an honest score. Fallout game where there is practically no story, no human npc's and is basically all the worse parts of fallout 4. This game could have been done so much better. This game just feels like midterm cashgrab before Fallout 5.
    And bethesdas explanation of ''this game is better with friends'' is sad, because everything is better with friends, watching paint dry or lawn grow is better with friends.
  25. Nov 17, 2018
    Come on guys, this is beyond a joke. It's multiplayer game that wants you to play with others and yet there is no incentive what so ever to do so. Forget the ps2 graphics, bugs, 0 NPCs, terrible gun play etc etc etc. This game literally fails at its core. What's funny is the audacity to actually implement micro transactions. Literally taking the consumer for huge joke.
  26. Nov 17, 2018
    That's a true PIECE OF **** not Fallout game... Just vote by your wallet peoples and DONT BUY THIS **** Maybe then, that GREEDY BETHESDA corporation will start to respect the Fallout fans and the players, becouse for now they have us in their asses and everything that they want t's only our CA$H.
  27. Nov 16, 2018
    Bethesda was hijacked by an Early Access developer's studio, apparently which resulted in Epic Fail that is fallout 76; Please do not purchase under any circumstances.
  28. Nov 19, 2018
    I'm 16 hours in and I don't understand what this "game" is trying to be. Role playing? I've yet to experience a moment of it? The majority of people are just moving from A to B it's like starring at the sun but you paid a company for the privilege to do so.
  29. Nov 18, 2018
    Bad game, absolutely bad game. Bethesda made another unFallout game for no one.
  30. Nov 16, 2018
    Not like this... not like this. This is not the Fallout we want. It's not even a RPG we want.

This feels like multiplayer mod for Fallout 3 where every texture is re-used, everything feels old and everything is just meh. If you are playing with a friend or two then Fallout 76 is "just fine" but alone is just pure garbage. There's no story, no NPS's, nothing. You just listen the holotapes and travel from A to B while killing a few robots, mutants or ghouls... Even base managing is a straight ripoff from Fallout 4.

It's just hard to understand that this game is made by Bethesda who also made Elder Scrolls Online.
  31. Nov 17, 2018
    I only start playing the franchise with fallout 4 and well, the game was really good, the graphism were pretty rough but overall that was a fun experience.

I continue now with Fallout 76 with 3 friends and my god, this game has a lot of things to patch, the graphism did not evolove a bit in 3 years and the performance are terrific. First of all, the numbers of bugs and quests that

First of all, the numbers of bugs and quests that are blocked because of them are quite large, I am not even talking about the events which are 1 times on 3 event, not possible to finish.

The narative is not very interesting as we can't refer ourself to any character as there is none, the notes and holoband are an horror to read or listen to.

The garaphical bugs are everywhere some animations does not launch properly, shadows are all black or none existent. The graphics are still really rough and can't be considered as a style of the studio. When graphism are bad we have to say it.

Lot of mechanics are not good at all, as a french player the controls for base construction and overall gameplay are not really good, I have to find workaround to move in construction mode and I cannot move when I am lauching a grenade because the studio did not think of the shortcuts of nvidia.

Also there was a lot of fps drop during my playtime going to 20 fps and going back to 60, 2 second after.

To conclude, I think the game is not bad at all for the price, you can have fun on it. But it really need a lot of fix and the engine need a lot of work for the next games.
  32. WAD
    Nov 15, 2018
    This is a game without a plot, goal and meaning.Buy it if you have nowhere to spend money.
  33. Nov 15, 2018
    0,4 of 10 for this game. Bad graphics. Bad gameplay. Bad optimization. Bad Zenimax
  34. Nov 15, 2018
    Poor performance, bad graphics, boring story, no Fov slider, 60 FPS cap.
    With a GTX 1080 ti and an i7 7700k you get in some Areas around 40 FPS. On low settings!
    The game quickly gets boring, you can't do anything else as explore and loot.
  35. Nov 15, 2018
    soulless boring cashgrab, also thanks for fcking up game lore again. hope this teach you a lesson, bethesda. also ffs make a new engine :)
  36. Nov 17, 2018
    Absolutely not. No. This cannot go on, Bethesda should NOT be allowed to push this garbage anymore. It's time to hand Elder Scrolls and Fallout to a new dev, and Bethesda should just stick to publishing games.
  37. Nov 16, 2018
    Bethesda 2017 - Save Single-player!
    Bethesda 2018 - Fallout 76 is complete (errm, I mean broken) online experience.
    Single-player - Am I a joke to you? Jokes aside, fallout 76 is a complete mess! And that statement is not even close to an exaggeration. Server disconnection is a common thing, framerate dips, common bethesda bugs and glitches, enemies spawning out of the sky and you
    Bethesda 2017 - Save Single-player!
    Bethesda 2018 - Fallout 76 is complete (errm, I mean broken) online experience.
    Single-player - Am I a joke to you?
    Server disconnection is a common thing, framerate dips, common bethesda bugs and glitches, enemies spawning out of the sky and you getting dropped inside a horde of enemies with no equipped weapons is just some of the things you can expect in the game.
    That's just the technical side of things though and maybe bethesda will fix it, maybe...
    One thing that bethesda can't fix is the empty open world, not without a massive patch that completely changes everything in the game, umm sorry did I say everything? 'massive patch that changes the game'. fallout 76 is bethesda's attempt to join the "Games as a service" movement.
    Also, the engine hasn't aged well, bethesda seriously needs to develop a new engine for it's open world games.
    Anyway, I can't recommend fallout 76 unless you wanna waste your $60 and question your life decisions.
  38. Nov 18, 2018
    This game is just an ultimate sh*t: sh*tty graphics, sh*tty optimization, sh*tty fetch quests, sh*tty online code, sh*tty cheater protection, sh*tty shooting, sh*tty scavenger-like gameplay, the sh*ttiest animations in the world. If you wanna support Bethesda, just buy a Skyrim once again instead of that sh*t.
  39. Nov 18, 2018
    Engine from Morrorwind, Buggy as hell, boring Quest, no real Story, Empty World, ugly Game, PvP not working.. What a lazy game... shame on u
  40. Nov 15, 2018
    Fallout 76 could 've been a great game. But it feels like early access. The engine used by this game is too old for a game like this. The mechanics feel not fluid. We are forced to install yet another launcher on pc, etc.
    I could continue but that would be a bit too much.
    Great potential but bad implementation.
  41. Nov 17, 2018
    What upsets me about this game is i was stupid enough to buy it
    because i am a fallout junkie! But the worst part?......... it could be a very
    longgggg time before a real FaLLOut game comes out again!
  42. Nov 17, 2018
    enough of this bethesda this is just a cashgrab if you have interest for this game ,wait dont buy intil get better and its in sale when the game fix most of bugs and fix the security and hacks issues
  43. Nov 15, 2018
    This is a joke... Fallout76 is just a DLC for Fallout4 wich cost's 60€... really?! Not even NPC's, the graphics are awful, Bethesda i hope this "game" is a lesson for you. The modders can't help you this time.
  44. Nov 17, 2018
    The game feels like a straight up DLC for fallout 4 but with a no man sky when it frist came out. Sure it potentially and be alot more fun of you have freinds along the way but most the fallout fans are more singles players. So ita like a fallout with anything that make a it fallout game what people loved about pretty much. Getting supplies suck and take time as stim packs are rare to comeThe game feels like a straight up DLC for fallout 4 but with a no man sky when it frist came out. Sure it potentially and be alot more fun of you have freinds along the way but most the fallout fans are more singles players. So ita like a fallout with anything that make a it fallout game what people loved about pretty much. Getting supplies suck and take time as stim packs are rare to come by and just in gernal it feelts like they terid make a fallout online like the elder scrolls online. Maybe once they fix alot the problems i would condire it at $20 bucks at most if supported mods orther wise i wouldnt conisder it Expand
  45. Nov 18, 2018
    No PC options that have become standard, no story, no NPCs, world is boring, more bugs then a 2 dollar whore, launcher deletes game, launcher won't let you uninstall game, microtransactions, frame rate locked at 63, No STEAM.
  46. Nov 15, 2018
    A complete betrayal of the fanbase, or even the gaming community in general. The game is a mess. Horribly outdated engine with bad shooting and tons of bugs. It's a disgusting mess. Thanks Todd. I'm not buying your game. I tried it on a friend's account just to laugh at your lazy work.
  47. Nov 16, 2018
    It's a boring griefer-fest garbage game that should never have existed. The internet ruins everything
  48. Nov 17, 2018
    After playing for a few hours, I got absolutely tired of it. No story, no companions and the “main missions” are more like side missions. Not a fan of this new game concept. Bedestha does not know what exactly their fans actually want! This is a huge mistake and a total waste of the company’s effort!

Face it. We all know this is just “Fallout 4 Online” in disguise, just like GTA Online. The only difference is that users pay the cost upfront and not via micro transactions.
  49. Nov 18, 2018
    Worst Fallout game EVER. Bethesda must return to TES and bring back Fallout to Obsidian.
  50. Nov 18, 2018
    This isnt even a fallout game. Taking out everything that made it good and giving us washed out bs how is this good or fun for that matter for anyone. Worst idea they ever came up with.
  51. Nov 16, 2018
    I love how paid critics and so called users with favorable ratings (Bethesda Employees) try to justify this absolute piece of broken spamware with fancy words, money never changes
  52. Nov 17, 2018
    Laggy glitchy unfinished no content mess. This is not worth 60 dollars.....it is barely worth 20! If this "game" was on nexus mods it wouldn't even be one of the best ones.
  53. Nov 15, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game doesn't feel like a fallout game. It feels less alive then the first two games made over a decade ago. It lacks any substance, character, and creativity. Bethesda has proven rhey have no respect for their consumers, as this is a clear cash grab. In game purchases, unfinished game at full price, low production effort, in all, a total pos. Bethesda got too greedy with this one. Expand
  54. Nov 15, 2018
    Worst "Game" I have ever endured. Shame, this could have been so much better :/
  55. Nov 24, 2018
    An absolute travesty on consumers. A buggy mess that is without question inexcusable to put on the market. This game, at least if you care one bit about the gaming future, is a must pass. The game itself isn't worth two stones, play ark or rust if you want a better experience in the same vein.
  56. Nov 16, 2018
    I'm registering my account here just to say the same as already said by hundreds. If you are a fan of Fallout 1, 2, 3 (NV), even the 4th... Don't buy. You will be sad, you will be disappointed.
    Such a waste... Not my money.. What they did with Fallout.
  57. Nov 26, 2018
    There is no NPC.
    There is no story.
    There is no Fallout universe.
    There is no survival feeling.
    This not Fallout. It looks fake.
  58. Nov 15, 2018
    This is not fallout, heck, it's not even a game, it's a shell of a broken piece of garbage, completely lifeless, buggy and empty. Bethesda has reached a new low, I hadn't seen such a terrible boring and unfinished "game" in my life. This thing is worth $60 and with microtransactions, which by the way it's the only thing that works properly? What a joke! Avoid at all cost! this broken pieceThis is not fallout, heck, it's not even a game, it's a shell of a broken piece of garbage, completely lifeless, buggy and empty. Bethesda has reached a new low, I hadn't seen such a terrible boring and unfinished "game" in my life. This thing is worth $60 and with microtransactions, which by the way it's the only thing that works properly? What a joke! Avoid at all cost! this broken piece of crap is the best definition of barren. I hadn't felt so insulted in my life, how can you destroy the fallout franchise like this? give it to Obsidian so they can do it justice. You with Fallout and Activision Blizzard with Diablo are in a competition to see who can destroy their franchise first Expand
  59. Nov 15, 2018
    OH dear what a let down after playing RDR 2, honesty is what is missing from this game! If the developer had been up front and honest about what the game is and is not, then Beth net wouldn't be in such a mess and I might have been able to rate it higher.

This is simply an online demo of FO 4 nothing more and, at present at least, somewhat less. That is how it should have been announced, a demo with ongoing dlc improvements. Easy really, quite acceptable the fans would have been engaged, money would still be made (in game) and time to bed in the new engine they would have bought with the enormous amounts of cash we have paid out over the years.

The world is pretty enough though graphics are starting to feel dated, it is also very large and sparsely populated (dlc anyone?), there are two largish settlements to occupy you for 2-3 hours but no more, unless your "grinding". The silliest part about quest and story lines being handed out by the deceased is....... why were they busy doing "dear diary" entries (well just about) instead of panicking or preparing or looting or rooting....... absolutely bare minimum of immersion. Pretty easy to play solo, which is just as well unless you byo friends!

Gosh, by industry standards this is so far off the mark for a AAA in all areas, right down to a 50G launch day patch.... I refer you to my opening paragraphs.

Ohh yeah one more thing, dont bother buying the physical game, the dvd is cardboard (I know right) with a download token hahahahahaha
  60. Nov 16, 2018
    game is extremely glitchy. having to drink water and eat food constantly is very annoying as well as not being able to carry hardly any items without becoming overencumbered. no nps makes for a very dull story line. i do not recommend this game to anyone even if you are a fallout fan because all it will do is make you mad
  61. Nov 15, 2018
    I simply refuse to pay for a company showing giant middle finger to their loyal fans, by releasing this game with new title and calling it "Fallout 76" with in-game store for cash grab

I'm huge fan of Fallout games and I even liked FO4 with all issues that came with it, but Fallout 76 is ABSOLUTELY garbage, this is unfinished game, broken af, I cant believe they actually released it with its current status, this is not even an alpha. the animation is absurd, textures probably worse than Fallout 3, guns in this game feels awkward... this game deserve 0 score or even worse!
  62. Nov 16, 2018
    Apply yourself, Bethesda!

1. Bad grafics
    2. Million bugs
    3. Pointless gameplay
    4. Game is boring
  63. Nov 14, 2018
    I've played every Bethesda game and every Fallout game.

After 30 hours of game play I can say this game isn't worth sixty dollars. The story is limited to notes and recordings in a medium that's "Let the player do" instead of "Tell them what happen", normally that kind of story telling is an optional addition to the games experience. Fallout 76 and Fallout 4 both have lore that
    I've played every Bethesda game and every Fallout game.

After 30 hours of game play I can say this game isn't worth sixty dollars.

Fallout 76 and Fallout 4 both have lore that goes against established cannon, retconning those previous games is disrespectful to the writers and developers of past games.

The PC edition launched without a number options typically found in sixty dollar triple A titles. From the options menu you cannot, turn off depth of field, bloom, god rays, bloom, change the Anti Aliasing settings, or set an ultra wide screen resolution. The strange thing is the game does support all those settings if you change them from the configuration files. However the normal user would have a difficult time figuring out how to go about that process. Bethesda omitted those options from the game for seemingly no reason.

After exploring the map, the size of which is one of the games few positives, the gameplay would consist of mostly building your camp and controlling public workshops. The building mode in the game while aggravating at times does work and is improved slightly from Fallout 4.

Other players from my experience will have voice chat turned off and will ignore you after a wave. After twenty hours of leaving my microphone on in hopes that I would make a lasting connection with someone I decided to turn it off so I could listen to an audio book without having to worry about others at all.

All of the good things in Fallout 76 can be better found in Fallout 4, and basically this game is Fallout 4 striped of it's substantial story elements and combined with the restrictions of a multiplayer game.
  64. Nov 14, 2018
    No soul and feels like a bad Fallout 4 multiplayer mod more than a new game. I am very disappointed.
  65. Nov 15, 2018
    Easily the worst fallout experience on pc ever. The only achievement this game gets is its only the 2nd worse fallout game ever made. That honor still goes to the super nintendo one. Avoid at all costs.
  66. Nov 20, 2018
    Bethestda just want to capitalize fanbase, same as Activision with DIablo Immortal. Yes they can make some money with minimal work, but in long term they are kiling great universe.
    Well deserve 0 score.
  67. Nov 15, 2018
    At first it looks interesting - looting and such, but it gets pretty awful. I guess Zenimax will need another Morrowind again, to rise again.
  68. Nov 16, 2018
    Do not Buy! There is nothing that deserves your attention. The game is just bad.
  69. Nov 16, 2018
    I cant quantify the amount of sheer disappointment, i knew i should have canceled my pre-order. The game, if you could call it that, is among the worst quality I've seen in 20 years of gaming. Don't waste your time and money on this. Buy red dead 2 you'll have a much better time.
  70. Dec 1, 2018
    bethesda. get banned! you destroyed Fallout
    you don't care on players only money is important to you
  71. Nov 19, 2018
    Ужасная игра, отсутствует сюжет, присутствуют многочисленные баги, пожалел что приобрёл данную игру, Bethesda ужасная контора.
  72. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is god awful!
    -FPS locked
    -Can't change FOV
    -Terrible UI
    -Full of bugs
    -Lifeless empty world
    -Bunch of fetch missions.
    -Terrible pvp
    -Microtransactions
    Worse game of 2018!
  73. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is unfinished. I'm not sure if some of the positive reviews are shills or just delusional fanboys. The endless fetch quests will put you right to sleep. The T-Posing enemies will break any chance of immersion you hope to have. The Beta was more of a softlaunch to try and distract buyers from the fact that this game is a buggy unfinished mess. If this game was on Steam it would beThis game is unfinished. I'm not sure if some of the positive reviews are shills or just delusional fanboys. The endless fetch quests will put you right to sleep. The T-Posing enemies will break any chance of immersion you hope to have. The Beta was more of a softlaunch to try and distract buyers from the fact that this game is a buggy unfinished mess. If this game was on Steam it would be mass refunded. Expand
  74. Nov 14, 2018
    (PC) bugged, crazy unoptimized game. i cannot belive there might be triple A game released in such state.
    There were 0 effort putted into making interface friendly for pc users, u navigate menus with "z" "tab" ect.
    99% of time u will sped overweighted unless ur not looting anyhting. and being overweighted is super annoying - u cannot sprint and u move super slow. in addition u cant fast travel anywhere.
    i can run Witcher 3 with 120fps on max det. but this game gets 36-42 fps max, no matter graphic settings.
  75. Nov 14, 2018
    I pre ordered this game and expected something similar to previous games. I played it for some hours, but i'ts a dead lifeless world with good things missing from it. Biggest disappointment I have had with a game for as long as I can remember.
  76. Nov 14, 2018
    Fun solo or with friends experience, No human NPC is a real bummer but quest are still as good as they ever were, you just have to have the effort to look for them and read those terminalsl
  77. Nov 14, 2018
    Locked on 60fps
    Now FOV sldier
    Broken quests
    People are being robbed, keys not working
    Bethesda should go away forever.
  78. Nov 16, 2018
    To expect people to spend their hard-earned money on this is an attack on common sense. Let us be responsible for our actions, let us punish with our purchase decision and with low scores those developers who want to enrich themselves with million-dollar advertising campaigns and products of dismal quality.
  79. Nov 14, 2018
    a fallout game without npc is worthless even playing with other people.
    4 hours listen holotapes is tedious and boring
  80. Nov 14, 2018
    It's not the Fallout I remember aside from it being literally unplayable, buggy and glitchy.
  81. Nov 14, 2018
    The game is a waste of time. Full of bugs and robots without a story or enjoyable characters. Even if you can form a team it is still messy to play. Graphics are old and lighting is weird. I think this was an experiment of Bethesda on if they could sell the worst game with right marketing tactics. Another Dawn of War 3 case at best.
  82. Nov 14, 2018
    As a die-hard Fallout fan, I can only say that this game is horrible.
    From an fallout perspective, this game is anything but fallout.
    Lore breaking changes that don't make sense, no dialogue system or quests what so ever (a first in the fallout franchise). Yes, it is a big open world, but it's empty. If you are a true fallout fan, this game Is absolutely not for you. If you are a fan
    As a die-hard Fallout fan, I can only say that this game is horrible.
    From an fallout perspective, this game is anything but fallout.

If you are a true fallout fan, this game Is absolutely not for you.
    If you are a fan of simple sandbox games, like Rust, Conan exiles, ARK, but you always wanted that with a fallout skin, then this is not a bad game. Not the best, not the worst.

See this as a Fallout for kids.
    A simple fallout game, with low effort, that's not meant for the fans.

Fallout new Vegas was made in a shorter time period than 76, and simply is way better.
    Maybe it's time that Bethesda looks at obsidian for their spin off titles again.

Unfortunately Bethesda hasn't listened to the fans since fallout 4, and to think they'll change is just a pipe dream.
  83. Nov 16, 2018
    This is not a Fallout Brian Fargo/Tim Cain created. This is just another Todds money grabber
  84. Nov 14, 2018
    Cash grab, rushed and not worth the money. Where's the soul? The thing that worries me about this game the most is that if it does well, there won't be a single player Fallout 5, we'll just get an MMO with tons of micro transactions which will kill the franchise. I worry for the future of Fallout.
  85. Nov 14, 2018
    The game, at its very core, is a boring slog of inane missions which are there as an extremely dull distraction from an empty and lackluster world. If the premise of the "game" you are attempting to sell relies primarily playing with friends, then the game needs to provide an interesting environment in which these experiences can happen in. This game utterly fails at that.
  86. Nov 16, 2018
    Thank you Bethesda for stealing my money for a piece of #&@!

Bugs can be solved, so I do not care about them. But... The game is boring. Why makes sense to do any quest? Where is the logic? Quest like protect area against some monsters, if there are no NPCs? Why I should? Cooperation with another online players just sucks. Why shall I do a coop if I can kill all monsters by two
    Thank you Bethesda for stealing my money for a piece of #&@!

Bugs can be solved, so I do not care about them. But...
    The game is boring. Why makes sense to do any quest? Where is the logic? Quest like protect area against some monsters, if there are no NPCs? Why I should? Cooperation with another online players just sucks. Why shall I do a coop if I can kill all monsters by two gunshots? Looting? (not appropriate level to equip... I don´t want to equip, I want LOOT!!!) Building mechanism? Trying to put a floor is like a mini-game, but pretty boring. Hey Bethesda...well done...I am applauding you for spending money on a useless project which will die in dark...As a big fan of the whole Fallout series, here you just screwed up all key features and killed all reasons why we loved Fallout. And do you think, that the only reason for buying games are a graphic modes and brand? Kick out of the door Tom with all his stupid ideas and sell the brand to somebody who will do the games for gamers and not egoistic useless ideas. BTW... I want my money back. You promised game and fun. And I received a simulator of walking through the boring but quite nice looking nature, without story, without quests, without NPC and even worse...without reason to play.
  87. Nov 14, 2018
    Total garbage. For $60 I was expecting AAA title, not this bs.
    How can I get a refund?
  88. Nov 15, 2018
    It's like they took Fallout 4 and removed everything good about it.

It's not just that the game isn't worth $60- it's not worth an hour of your time.

Play DayZ, or Rust or something. This game is an abortion of an attempt, and it's sad it has the name Bethesda on it.
  89. Nov 15, 2018
    Trash collecting simulator. Recieved sms that i can get my CARDBOARD copy with activating code only 27.11.18. are you KIDDING ME? R E F U N D.
  90. Nov 14, 2018
    Fallout 76 is not just the biggest disappointment of 2018 or in Bethesda's history, but perhaps the biggest disappointment in modern gaming history. 76 feels like a gutted and unfinished version of Fallout 4. More like a lousy DLC or mod honestly. To be fair, I'm not a fan of multiplayer games. However, Bethesda claims this game can be played as an enjoyable single player game. AfterFallout 76 is not just the biggest disappointment of 2018 or in Bethesda's history, but perhaps the biggest disappointment in modern gaming history. 76 feels like a gutted and unfinished version of Fallout 4. More like a lousy DLC or mod honestly. To be fair, I'm not a fan of multiplayer games. However, Bethesda claims this game can be played as an enjoyable single player game. After playing(or at least trying to play) solo I can confirm, it's the worst single-player open-world game I've ever purchased. I can deal with the many bugs and opening day issues the servers may have, but the lack of NPC's, dialog, graphical upgrades, game-changing decisions, settlements(all the things that take time and money to develop) and sense of achievement has left feeling like I'm not playing towards any type of goal or having any fun. Bottom line...it's not a fun single player game regardless of the fact Bethesda claims it can be. No two ways about it...I've been robbed of 60 bucks based on this claim. Sadly, the only way Bethesda will stop pulling this crap is to NOT BUY THIS GAME! VOICE YOUR OPINION WITH YOUR WALLET AND SHOW BETHESDA WE WON'T STAND FOR THIS UNFINISHED STEAMING PILE OF DOG CRAP! Expand
  91. Nov 14, 2018
    Soulless.
    I started out excited to gather scrap for my base and spent a few hours picking up wood and getting that all set up. Then, I pretty much hit the limit of what I could do without finding more blueprints and so I entered the beautiful wide world to "play the main questline."
    Soulless.
    This game is not finished and... certainly not Fallout. It feels like some fan coded a mod to play Fallout 4 as an empty MMO. It fails terribly at single-player as there is no story. For some reason, EVERYONE recorded a holotape before they died and left it out on a table for you to find. Then you get to play a loot simulator while professional voice actors try and make the experience interesting. It's not.
    There is no challenge, so multiplayer has no real point other than to run around randomly shooting respawns and looting with friends.
    Nothing feels like it makes any sense and this beautifully rendered world is devoid of any immersion. This is not Fallout.
    I've spawned under the world twice and I've crashed to desktop multiple times.
    Always on Mics just let you hear people clicking their keyboards or hearing them argue with children or parents or spouses in their home. It's uncomfortable. I don't understand why anyone thought this would be a good idea. "Hell is other people" and why I play games like Fallout to begin with.
    This is not Fallout.
    Leveling up and perks are handled in a random bizarre way and feel toothless.
    Seriously feels like it should be a Free-To-Play game, but Bethesda charged a AAA price.
    With Microtransactions.
    Shame on you Bethesda.
  92. Nov 24, 2018
    Let's be honest. If this DIDN'T have the 'Fallout' title on it, nobody would pay $60 for it. Nobody would even take a second look at it. It's only because it's related to Fallout and Bethesda, that some people even play it. Those of you who do, are supporting terrible games, and you should be ashamed of yourselves. You are making the video game industry what it is today. A monetizing,Let's be honest. If this DIDN'T have the 'Fallout' title on it, nobody would pay $60 for it. Nobody would even take a second look at it. It's only because it's related to Fallout and Bethesda, that some people even play it. Those of you who do, are supporting terrible games, and you should be ashamed of yourselves. You are making the video game industry what it is today. A monetizing, early-access, glitch and bug ridden, 'do it just to get it done', royally misguided sack of horse manure industry. Congrats, you ruined it for everyone else. Expand
  93. Nov 15, 2018
    What a mockery to the Fallout fans , making an MP only experience with zero NPC's , a graphic engine since the 2010 era and filled with micro transactions. Anyone supporting this garbage product should rethink their existence.
  94. Nov 14, 2018
    This is the worst fallout experience I have ever had, absolutely soulless and a complete cash grab. Terrible...
  95. Nov 14, 2018
    This review will, hopefully, help you to understand what's actually happening.
    It,s indeed pretty much true that some of "0" reviews may be posted by people who didn't even play the game. But, there is one "but"...
    This review will, hopefully, help you to understand what's actually happening.

The true darkness is on the other side. Take a look on several random profiles that gave "10" to this game. Almost like 90% of them have only 1 review (for FO76) and profile names like "superplayer1984". In their reviews, there're writing everything via one of two copypastas: 1) describing all the game features were named by bethesda in trailers (some of which simply even don't exist) and literally telling everything is working perfectly. 2) callin everyone who left a bad review a hater who never played the game.

The second part is as you all know, Bethesda initially released game only on Beth.net - not on Steam, GOG etc. Why? Yes, eaxactly. You can't leave a review there. At least, so easily. Question is - what is it like?

Yes, we all know (especially those who are reading political news) how it looks. Bethesda (I'm not saying directly Pete Hines, obviously not, but through the hands of sub-companies, "family" bloggers and "friendly" game journalists) is litereally using the bots to leave positive reviews and leaving 10 points to at least somehow save catastrophic ratings of the game. Almost all accounts that made 10/10 FO76 reviews were made not by real players behind them, but by certain people, for only one goal - try to save the game ratings on the platform they can't affect directly.

Don't get me wrong. Bethesda was and today still [IS] my favourite game company. But the abyss they are making between themselves and community, how they allow marketing stuff to rule the PR company and game development itself, and how obviously they are trying to hide any possible negative critics about the game - it's really, really sad.

I'm neither FO 76 fan or hater. I just don't care about it - I won't play it and wait for Starfield and TES VI.
    Though, I played more than 20 hours on my friend gaming PC to not let myself make a prejudged review.
    I also wish every player who bought it to have the best possible time in it.
    Fallout 76 is not a "zero" game. But it's a very, very bad game. Extremely outdated engine. Terrible performance. Awful cheating/hacking protection. But what if most important, it's a soulless game which has even less to have at least something in commong with FO series than FO4 had. It's empty, repeative and just boring.
    I won't give "0" to this game. But I'll give as maximum as "3" because this is what FO76 deserves.
  96. Nov 14, 2018
    Just the name. A reason for Bethesda to get more money. Same bad engine, even worst because of it being online. Unfinished and unpolished. Don't touch this even with a stick.
  97. Nov 14, 2018
    Don't buy it.
    Fallout 76 is a soulless, bland MMO with a Fallout skin slapped on it.
    Immediately after starting, everything just feels off. Graphically, it runs on the exact same engine as Fallout 4, character creation is identical to what it was 3 years ago down to the same hairstyles and facial hair. A large part of what made Fallout interesting is absent in 76, that is the ability
    Don't buy it.
    Fallout 76 is a soulless, bland MMO with a Fallout skin slapped on it.

A large part of what made Fallout interesting is absent in 76, that is the ability to loot damn-near every container around you. You start in a vault surrounded by desks and lockers but you're unable to search them, whereas in the previous games you were able to pull all kinds of junk out of them if you so desired. It's a minor point, but it goes a long way in making the world feel even more barren and empty than it already does. Once you get out in the world you can search containers, but only some of them, as opposed to the other games where you can root around in anything that is physically capable of holding something.

On the topic of loot, it is the only thing that makes this game even worth glancing at, and even then it doesn't excuse the lack of content and the $60 price tag even less so. In my experience, shortly after leaving the vault, I came across a house surrounded by Scorched (the new placeholder enemy. They look like ghouls and attack like raiders, while being less interesting than both). I fought them off with relative ease, taking very little damage despite getting completely wailed on by several enemies, and proceeded to loot no less than 3 pipe revolvers and 3 hunting rifles off the same corpse. At least in the other games the loot you gathered kind of made sense. If a raider was shooting you with a hunting rifle, upon killing him, you could pick up that rifle most of the time, not 3 copies of a gun you didn't see him use once. This is all to say the loot in 76 is very limp and, for lack of a better way to put it, not worth looting. This is to say nothing of the level requirements needed to use the stronger weapons, which, in Fallout, is nothing short of sinful.

The biggest issue, I think, with Fallout 76 is the lack of something very critical to the other games: NPCs. Bethesda's aim with 76 was to make player interactions happen with other players and not NPCs, but the problem then arises that they're unable to make complex storylines and quests because of this. Every quest in 76 boils down to "run to the waypoint, do this/kill this/get this" and you're done. Rinse and repeat until you get bored.
    The NPCs make the world come alive, and their absence is what makes 76 feel so damn dead.

The building is also cumbersome and a general pain in the ass. The player doesn't really have much of a goal to work towards past "kill this thing, loot it, stare longingly at the shiny new gun you can't use yet." The leveling is also excruciatingly castrated, now opting to use a card system of all things, because people like cards I suppose?? Any perks you do apply to your character feel as limp and worthless as everything else in the game.

The only reason I gave this game a 1 and not a 0 is because functionally, it works. You walk. You run. You jump. You shoot things. But for a game in a series as big and successful as Fallout to simply "just work" is a massive step down. It feels like a skeleton framework for something that was originally going to be much better with much more content, and without the heavy emphasis on multiplayer, maybe we could have gotten something like that, but now we'll never know.

Ultimately, if you get anything out of my review, let it be this: Don't buy this game. Bethesda has no business charging $60 (and upwards of $200 for the power armor edition) for what equates to a **** Fallout 4 mod. I feel obscenely ripped off and have already contacted Bethesda to request a refund, but I'm not holding my breath.
  98. Nov 14, 2018
    Completely disappointed as a Fallout fan, as a PC gamer (this feels like an unpolished console port), and as an online gamer.
  99. Nov 14, 2018
    Why would this even be released? :(
    Damn it Todd, you were my lord and savior!
  100. Nov 16, 2018
    Most of the fun of previous Fallout games centered around the wacky dialogue and behavior of the NPCs, and the ridiculous ways they'd interact with each other. From their absurd requests to their hilarious and often totally misguided conflicts with each other, I could usually overlook the dreadful game mechanics and technical workings of the game because the NPCs were just so thoroughlyMost of the fun of previous Fallout games centered around the wacky dialogue and behavior of the NPCs, and the ridiculous ways they'd interact with each other. From their absurd requests to their hilarious and often totally misguided conflicts with each other, I could usually overlook the dreadful game mechanics and technical workings of the game because the NPCs were just so thoroughly amusing.

With Fallout 76, it seems that Bethesda has stripped away the aspects of the game that made it worthwhile, and lazily left in everything that made it so frustrating and broken. Even most of the bugs and broken mechanics that were in Fallout 4 initially are still here, along with a slew of new issues. The game just feels like garbage to play, and it looks like a total mess. I'm glad I played this game on a friend's machine instead of purchasing it myself, and I feel bad for all of the people who foolishly pre-purchased it at full price (with even more milking to come through microtransactions and future DLC).

1. Mar 5, 2019
    Fallout 76 represents a big disappointment and the lowest point of the series so far. Riddled with bugs, repetitive and dull gameplay, nonexistent story and outdated graphics, it fails as a both multiplayer and singleplayer experience for fans and newcomers alike.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2019
    Miracles do happen once in a while and No Man’s Sky proved that sometimes it is possible to get back on your feet even after a terrible failure. Right now though Fallout 76 is botched spectacularly on so many levels that even talking about this game is a waste of time. [01/2019, p.46]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 10, 2019
    An unfinished game with bifurcated identity and in an almost dysfunctional state. It's hard to build on a bad base, that will never change. Like the war. [Issue#292]