- Summary: Anthem is a shared-world action-RPG in which players delve into a vast world teeming with amazing technology and forgotten treasures. The world is also filled with savage beasts and ruthless marauders where Freelancers are called to defeat the forces plotting to conquer humanity. In Anthem,Anthem is a shared-world action-RPG in which players delve into a vast world teeming with amazing technology and forgotten treasures. The world is also filled with savage beasts and ruthless marauders where Freelancers are called to defeat the forces plotting to conquer humanity. In Anthem, up to 4 friends unravel the world’s mysteries and take on its most fearsome challenges together. Shared danger means shared glory, and successful Freelancers are all be richly rewarded for successful exploits. Throughout their adventure, players outfit their Freelancers with powerful Javelin exosuits, each of which are equipped with unique weapons and abilities. Players also customize their Javelin with gear they earn and craft throughout the adventure, and leave a lasting mark on the world. [Electronic Arts]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Anthem Has A Fun Konami Easter Egg If You Recall An Old Secret
Mar 1, 2019Anthem is a beautiful car that is an absolute joy to drive, but so far, it only has enough gas to get you a couple miles. Also, the wheels will periodically fall off. Sold as a live-service game, fans of Anthem’s exhilarating gameplay have to hold out hope that things will improve, but there’s no denying the initial expedition was rough.
Feb 26, 2019Anthem is not a bad game as a whole, but rather an interesting project with wasted potential. It has really great gameplay mechanics and an awesome setting that, sadly, was negatively affected by bad choices and poorly-implemented ideas like a forgettable story with a horrible narrative, repetitive mission structures, painful loading screens and a multiplayer approach with null sense of cooperation.
Playstation Official Magazine UKMar 14, 2019Though it’s one of best-looking titles on PS4, Anthem’s uninspired action and obsession with grindy tasks mean BioWare’s mechs aren’t on song. [Issue#160, p.83]
Mar 2, 2019Look past the lush tropical beauty of Bastion, look past the simple but stingily doled-out joys of flying a mech suit like Iron Man, and you’re left with the most depressingly banal collection of gameplay loops and mechanics in a major AAA game in the last 10 years.
Mar 5, 2019It’s this user-unfriendly design that colors so much of Anthem”as “work.” Loading into a random quickplay mission only to be met with an objective lacking any in-world waypoint or trigger to progress imbues “Anthem” with the kind of high drama normally reserved for filing an invoice with a new company.
Feb 22, 2019Great game, worth every ruble spent. If you like to play with friends and have fun, definitely for you. Do not compare with other games suchGreat game, worth every ruble spent. If you like to play with friends and have fun, definitely for you. Do not compare with other games such as Destiny or Division, Anthem is something else.
Отличная игра, стоит каждого потраченного рубля. Если вам нравится играть с друзьями и весело проводить время, однозначно для вас. Не стоит сравнивать с другими играми типа Дестини или Дивижн, Антем это нечто другое.… Expand
Feb 24, 2019Anthem é um ótimo jogo, atendeu a todas as minhas expectativas, a história é incrível e intrigante, a jogabilidade é excelente, o ambiente éAnthem é um ótimo jogo, atendeu a todas as minhas expectativas, a história é incrível e intrigante, a jogabilidade é excelente, o ambiente é fantástico, o mundo é mais rico do que qualquer outro jogo que já pude jogar e poder contemplar ele é algo que sempre vai me manter imerso neste mundo fantástico!… Expand
Feb 25, 2019Anthem hate needs to stop. This game is pretty great and enjoyable.
+ Controls and movement.
+ You will actually memorize the charactersAnthem hate needs to stop. This game is pretty great and enjoyable.
+ Controls and movement.
+ You will actually memorize the characters (try to remember at least one character name and bio from Andromeda for a challenge).
+ Playing with friends is fun.
+ Playing with strangers is fun.
+ Fastest matchmaking I have ever seen in an online videogame (and I have seen a lot of them).
+ Customization options for your Javelin.
+ Decent story.
+ Enjoyable grind (you can feel the result of your grind).
+ Far less grindy than Destiny or Division at launch.
+ No one can spend a century browsing the menus while your party is getting wiped out.
- You can't spend a century browsing the menus to troll your party.
- Menus can use some serious work.
- No options for RAGEQUIT!!!1!1!1!1 from the mission.
- No user waypoints on the map while freeroaming.
- No way to communicate with strangers during freeroam.
Anyway, there is the same amount of loadings as in Monster Hunter World, so don't let those hate reviews fool you!… Expand
Feb 22, 2019Its not a 0 but it is definitely not a 10 either. Any review with either just disregard as fanboys or EA haters. The game's mechanics areIts not a 0 but it is definitely not a 10 either. Any review with either just disregard as fanboys or EA haters. The game's mechanics are fine, flying is fun and its nice to see and play in the world. However as a game as a service, it has all the issues that come with it. Games not complete, its closer to a beta than a finished product, very little to do, the hub is lifeless, story is shallow bugs cripple the fun, framerates drop below 20 sometimes, flying should be more of an emphasis during battles, no chase missions, seriously? Missed opportunity. In short, it has potential but its not a $60 game right now and may not be for a good while.
1. Flying is fun
2. The game has potential
3. The world is beautiful
4. Combat at least at first is a lot of fun
1. Shallow story
2. Bugs galore
3. The missions are extremely repetitive, lacking real variety
4. In 2019, this many load screens and the long waits in them(even after the patch) is unacceptable
5. Its a game as a service which means its not finished and as of right now theres not enough to do in the game. Essentially you're buying a promise from EA for continued support even if and most likely sales are lower than projected.
6. Framerates do drop especially during combat.
7. As much potential as this game has, its been rushed out whether by EA or Bioware or both. And it shows.
8. Novelty of combat wears off quickly.
9. Game needs better and different weapon types bc all feel and are about the same outside of damage. Also customized looks for the javelins would be great. Outside of the microtransactions ones i mean.
10. 7 yrs in development to get this. I don't mean to sound biased but if it takes you this long to come out with a game that still belongs in beta imo, I worry absolutely about the state and depth of any dlc Bioware may come out with.
4/10 right now but it has a chance to get better but it's not worth $60 first day.… Expand
Feb 23, 2019So 2 out of 10 is very generous.
Game itselfe, good idea, gameplay isn't bad ether, i do like the flightmechanics and also ginplay andSo 2 out of 10 is very generous.
Game itselfe, good idea, gameplay isn't bad ether, i do like the flightmechanics and also ginplay and skills, last but not least the possibility to play with all classes on one char in the game, but->
- Addin a guildsystem with a "free contentubdate" realy... thats not a free content update, it shold have been in there from the start. Feels like Bioware never saw a mmo based online game.
- Perfoformence on ps4 is bad.... not just bad but horrible, for me at least, sometimes for me its like "go left" 2sec later "ok going left" me "go right" game "nope still going left for the next 5 seconds"
- also crashes and other things, yesterday my friend got kicked out of the game while we were playing together. So ok he should logg in again but no..... patch downlode, for me an hour later..... still in game. I laught ag him for that aaaand then i said "ok let me close the game and see if I have to dl the patch if I close it".
Result of that action : as I selected close software.... ps4 full crash and hab to execute ps4 repair module for my edternal drive cause it cuold also feel the influence of Anthem.
- Also content...... lets not talk about that.... they used a mission to lead players to the ingame store.... it was one of the required ones.... whats wrong with people from Bioware?
So my score is 2 because
Yes gameplay is fun BUT having basicly same amount of content as Destiny after it failed miserably because of that reason and release the game in a state that does feel like a alpha build and yes i mean that it feels even worse than a beta build. Yeah not the best idea they had. Maybee they wake up now and finaly do something to fix that crap they released, it worket for FFXIV, lets see if it works here as well.… Expand
Mar 12, 2019I just want to say that I haven't created an account to complain about No Man's Sky, I haven't created an account to complain about MassI just want to say that I haven't created an account to complain about No Man's Sky, I haven't created an account to complain about Mass Effect Andromeda and I haven't created an account to complain any about the myriads of bad games I've played so far. But I did take the time to complain about Anthem, it's just pure garbage, flying for 30 second increments is just not worth much when the game is so broken.… Expand
Feb 22, 2019What is this game trying to do exactly? A looter shooter without any sort of gear or weapon customization? Where are the cool looking weaponsWhat is this game trying to do exactly? A looter shooter without any sort of gear or weapon customization? Where are the cool looking weapons and armor sets in this LOOT BASED game? Where's the endgame? You have 3 instances once you reach max level and 2 of them are parts of the single player campaign that you've already been through and done. And why is there only 1 area to explore in this world? Such lazyness and lack of core content in this kind of game is just inexcusable. They give you the illusion of grinding for something but in the end you're not doing anything other than raising your damage numbers by 10 or 15. It actually buffles me how developers today think gamers are stupid enough to buy these kind of half assed works.
Do NOT support this game.. It's time for these companies and devs to **** off permanently. And don't give me the **** ass excuse of "WiLliNG tO gIVe BioWArE ANotHer ChAAnce", because the people that made Bioware popular are long gone by now. The NEW Bioware has no talent at all and they showed this to us multiple times this gen, so please let go of your nostalgia. There's better talent out there and if you ask me, I'd rather have Bioware terminated and Visceral revived.
P.S. Just look at how in a month from now EA launches the "|ive service" store and all the cool armor sets and weapons are being sold for 20$ each.… Expand
- (0 views)