6.7

1. Feb 5, 2019
    The only good battleroyale game out there that I enjoy, and it's free! The difference? well.. the emphasis here is on team (3 per squad).. and even if you die from campers it's not as frustrating because you can still get respawned by your teammates at a beacon (and also revived). The hero abilities (smoke, health drone, and ultimates like artillery blasts, care package, etc) are a uniqueThe only good battleroyale game out there that I enjoy, and it's free! The difference? well.. the emphasis here is on team (3 per squad).. and even if you die from campers it's not as frustrating because you can still get respawned by your teammates at a beacon (and also revived). The hero abilities (smoke, health drone, and ultimates like artillery blasts, care package, etc) are a unique twist, but none of them are game changers, and quite frankly seemed a little bit uninspired. But I'm sure there will be more characters introduced down the line, (the grind does seem a little bit long to unlock hidden characters however). Titanfall mechanics and weapons, overwatch abilities and micro transaction system; and even a hint of borderlands loot system. When you get down to the nitty gritty of it, it's glorified team death match, but it's free so I ain't complaining, Expand
  2. Feb 5, 2019
    Qual o sentido dessas notas baixas?
    Jogo é bom e gratuito.
    Esqueçam a EA e vamos dar moral pra Respawn.
  3. Feb 5, 2019
    The game itself seems fine, though I am finding it impossible to enjoy it without a solo mode available. Being forced into teams sucks.
  4. Feb 6, 2019
    Battle royale game = soulless disposable garbage.
    I just hope this fad of battle royle games dies soon.
  5. Feb 4, 2019
    EA could make a Titanfall 3 with Battle Royale mode added. EA could make Apex Legends with titans and wallruns. EA could add this mode to Anthem. They went with a generic shooter instead. No solo, no duos, nothing.
    It's a shame, really, go play BO4 (as much as I hate it). At least Activision's cashgrab shooter is more dynamic and balanced to play.
  6. Feb 5, 2019
    Gameplay is disapointing, no walk on wall and no Titan. Its just another generic battle royal with super expensives items!
  7. Feb 13, 2019
    Couldn't get into fortnite. This excels in every way. Stunning visuals, great audio, polished and varied gameplay. Hard to believe its free. Great Job Respawn!
  8. Feb 17, 2019
    Super game, thank you Respawn! But it missing a solo and duo mode to make it a perfect game.
  9. Feb 12, 2019
    Como una persona a la que no le gustan los battle royales, tengo que admitir que me encuentro PERDIDO por este juegazo. Han tomado lo mejor de varios juegos, y lo han mezclado de una manera entretenida. El juego tiene unos gráficos que te sacan el aire, la jugabilidad es excelente. ¡Completo adicto!
  10. Feb 18, 2019
    I really wanted to hate it. First, because it's Battle Royale, and every other BR game I played before seemed so god damn pointless. Second, because it's EA or at least under their roof, and we all know - EA is worse than Satan. Unfortunately, I also tend to be honest with myself and this accursed piece of **** game is just really fun.

Gunplay is great. Guns differ vastly, there are

Gunplay is great. Guns differ vastly, there are MULTIPLE powerful guns to utilize and they pack quite an audio-visual punch, Mobility is fun and very fluid - you slide, gain momentum, jump to slide again and wallclimb. Once you get into a chain of motion, it's very good. And the rest?

It's Battle Royale that fixes my main issues with other BR games. You have fun, engaging respawn system, that really let you build yourself back from a bad start. You have a STUNNING pinging system that let you communicate with astonishing detail without heaving a mic on or listening to some whiny brats. The map is brilliantly made, with both wide spaces, tight building and plenty of verticality. Add ziplines everywhere, dropship and droppods and you get one surprisingly tactical game.

Comparing this to Overwatch is kinda ridiculous. In OV all heroes are very, very unique beings with everything differing between them. Here the passives, ults and abilities are more like... Cherry on the top. Sure, they can be a huge boon when used well, but honestly it's still steady hand, cold blood and good reactions that will win you the game, not any ability.

It's... first BR game that really pulled me in.
  11. Feb 19, 2019
    First of all, this game isn't even comparable to Fortnite. People comparing it to Fortnite probably never played both of them properly.

The shooting is phenomenal, the squad based tactics really enjoyable, the map design excellent, and the ping system is truly the best I've ever seen, with an amazing attention to detail. Best of all, it's free. If you're a Battle Royale hater you

Best of all, it's free.

If you're a Battle Royale hater you shouldn't even post reviews here because this game obviously isn't made for you. The game is free so you can try it if you like, and if you don't like it just uninstall it.

But seriously, hating on this game because it's a Battle Royale game is the same as hating on Overwatch because it's a Hero Shooter.
  12. Feb 13, 2019
    This is one of the best if not the best Battle Royale game. My only issues are that it is still in a sense more of the same Battle Royale plus not being able to play solo is really annoying and I see no point in that not being a feature. But overall still loads of fun and pretty addicting I would definitely recommend giving this game a try.
  13. Feb 20, 2019
    Ignore 90% of the negative reviews that are battle royale haters or ea haters, This game is AMAZING, respawn did an amazing work with this. You HAVE to try it. 10/10 by far the best BR.
  14. Mar 2, 2019
    Amazing ping system, amazing loot, amazing weapons, amazing loot box system, amazing game. im just waiting for solo/duo mods and new legends!
  15. Mar 27, 2019
    Its a great game with much potential. But at the time it lacks in content and the skins for the legends are very uncreative. The gameplay feels good. The weapons feel very impactful and sliding down a hill is so fun, epsecially when you are getting chased by the storm. I had a very fun time playing with some friends tho.
  16. Mar 27, 2019
  17. Feb 13, 2019
    Nunca gostei de jogos Battle Royale e estava a preparar-me para nao gostar deste tambem.....mas como estava eu errado. Dos criadores dos COD originais saiu mais um coelho da cartola. Viciante aum nivel que nao me lembro desde os tempos do Modern Warfare 2. Mesmo que nao gostes da cena BR, dá uma hipotese a este jogo , é simplesmente fenomenal!!!
  18. Feb 20, 2019
    Most fun I have had in a multiplayer game in a long time. The fluid motion, sound, and ping system are stellar. Very addicting game play and it's free price means most of my friends have downloaded the game and there is always someone to play with. I don't understand why there are so many negative reviews. My guess is young fortnite fans, people who are just trash at the game, orMost fun I have had in a multiplayer game in a long time. The fluid motion, sound, and ping system are stellar. Very addicting game play and it's free price means most of my friends have downloaded the game and there is always someone to play with. I don't understand why there are so many negative reviews. My guess is young fortnite fans, people who are just trash at the game, or individuals who have had an unlucky streak with poor equipment or teams, because everyone I know, good or bad at video games has had a blast with this game. Expand
  19. Feb 22, 2019
    Мега грутой батл рояль..,даже я который терпеть их не может просто залип на нее.
  20. Feb 23, 2019
    Well this is a surprise.

It looks like something good can crawl out of the abyss that is EA. When respawn was given the task by EA to make a battle royal game nobody could expect that it would challenge fortnite and blow blackout and its £50/$60 price tag out of the water. It does things a bit differently to the well established formula and doubles down on squad play which works
    Well this is a surprise.

It does things a bit differently to the well established formula and doubles down on squad play which works wonderfully with the 'Ping' system that was a touch of genius, not only are they clear and easy to use but they also mitigate language barriers making squad communication easy.

no doubt this will be a 9 or a 10 after some updates
  21. Feb 24, 2019
    Das Spiel ist im großen und ganzen sehr gut! Gameplay und Abläufe flüssig und sehr angenehm zum spielen. Kein Pay to Win, alles kann mit Spielzeit genauso gewonnen werden wie mit echt Geld. Für Leute die Titanfall oder Shooter allgm mögen ist dieses Spiel sehr zu empfehlen
  22. Mar 20, 2019
    Probably the best of the battle royale games to come out. Fast paced, fluid, and controls well. The special abilities add a lot to each character and do help give them some unique qualities (Fortnite and PUBG, take note). I also found the ping system wonderful to use, and adds a better level of team-oriented play. Not a perfect game, but definitely the peak of the battle royale craze.
  23. Mar 14, 2019
    The ping system works well and the game is a huge amount of fun. The main thing that lets it down is other players who either do not want to work in a team. People either disregard the ping system or they have poor player ethics. An example are the games I play that i revive and respawn other players and then the first time I am down they abandon you. I do not mean that they can't reviveThe ping system works well and the game is a huge amount of fun. The main thing that lets it down is other players who either do not want to work in a team. People either disregard the ping system or they have poor player ethics. An example are the games I play that i revive and respawn other players and then the first time I am down they abandon you. I do not mean that they can't revive or collect your banner due to enemies, but that they down the last enemy member, walk past you when you are down or out and just ignore you, despite you having revived them. The players that do not play as a team let this team game down, otherwise it can be amazing. It needs a few tweaks and there are balancing issues or kill detection issues, but otherwise it is fantastic. The best Battle Royale I have played.

Now respawn just needs to penalise players who quit early ( when players like me will revive you) and those who do not work as a team. Or maybe add a solo mode for these players to disappear to.
  24. Feb 19, 2019
    I never got into BR games before. I think the solo experience often felt as hollow as grinding through CoD to obtain prestige, only then to feel I can't be bothered to go round the clock again.

Apex, somehow, has me hooked though. Perhaps it's the team play, each character having a few unique perks that can play well for others in the squad, or, perhaps its just that Apex is an

Apex, somehow, has me hooked though.

Perhaps it's the team play, each character having a few unique perks that can play well for others in the squad, or, perhaps its just that Apex is an incredibly polished game considering its free.

I downloaded Apex within 24hrs of release "just to give it a go" and found myself squandering sleep to get one more round in. I started mic'd up and ready to chat, but found most people don't bother with mics at all, and whilst on most CoOp / team play games this would be a killer, Apex smoothly overcomes that with - what is - an epic means of communication by a simple 'ping' mechanism. It works so well, that I now only switch my mic on to congratulate our team on being the round Champions.

Perhaps my love of Evolve and fact the community died long before my love of it did left a void of good team play FPS, and Apex has filled that void brilliantly. It's incredibly well balanced, no pay to win, and when you finish a round with 10 kills, be it 1st or 10th, you are rewarded for doing so. I don't feel I'm grinding levels to actually get anywhere, I'm just enjoying playing with random people and working alongside them to win. There's often frustration when you are teamed with people that quit on jumping in, or quit on the select menu (presumably as they've not got a 2nd character they wish to play as)... but these are easily forgotten as you start the next round, and a few times I've come top3 even starting with a 2 man disadvantage thanks to quitters.
    I've also used Facebook to gain more PSN friends and hook up with them when we're all on - a good idea if you want to make a solid squad, or prefer using mic to pinging (though if you don't learn to ping - then your dead meat anyhow really)

Overall it's a solid 8.5/10. I think the User score of 6.9 is hilarious given people have given it Zero, for a free, very polished, very fun FPS with team mechanics, just because it's not some other game they play, or because it is BR. I do dislike other BR games, but it's less about the BR factor in Apex, it's more about headshots, reviving team mates and sticking together. If your considering downloading it, you've literally nothing other than 26GB to lose, do it and see for yourself - it's a fun game!
  25. Feb 18, 2019
    Bien, me sorprende que un juego de buena calidad que fácilmente pudo haber sido de pago salga freetoplay, al momento no e tenido ningún problema de playtowin ya que el juego esta nivelado y las compras hasta el momento son solo estéticas, gráficamente es aceptable y en gameplay es muy similar a titanfall, en general es un buen juego.
  26. Feb 20, 2019
    I don't play this game often, but it shows why its a great Battle Royale to play and I can see popularity that this deserves rather than crappy Fortnite. It has a small map and small player count so games can be fast and be put at the right pace. There is a lot of Blackout, Overwatch, and Fortnite elements in this game for fans of that and its not a confusing mess. Play it since its freeI don't play this game often, but it shows why its a great Battle Royale to play and I can see popularity that this deserves rather than crappy Fortnite. It has a small map and small player count so games can be fast and be put at the right pace. There is a lot of Blackout, Overwatch, and Fortnite elements in this game for fans of that and its not a confusing mess. Play it since its free and you can have a blast with 2 of your friends! Expand
  27. Feb 21, 2019
    This game doesn't need my review. Pretty clear it's going to be just fine. But I'm posting because I'm not only happy to see a game with a diverse hero pool be a success, i'm also to see whiny, regressive dudes on here complaining about that fact as the game breaks records almost weekly. I guess you'll just have to play one of the other 987,498,000 games with heterosexual, white, maleThis game doesn't need my review. Pretty clear it's going to be just fine. But I'm posting because I'm not only happy to see a game with a diverse hero pool be a success, i'm also to see whiny, regressive dudes on here complaining about that fact as the game breaks records almost weekly. I guess you'll just have to play one of the other 987,498,000 games with heterosexual, white, male leads to satisfy that gun-toting, savior complex you've been carrying around since puberty.

This game is virtually perfect. If you can get past the association with EA then it's just pure, unadulterated fun. The economy is currently out of whack, but until the battle passes are outlined I am reserving judgement on that front. I've also felt no need to spend any money on it yet despite wanting to. Skins and banners are fun but this game is no Overwatch. The cosmetics on offer simply don't have that same level of polish and panache...yet.

As for the gameplay it's absolutely spot on. The shooting feels great, the movement is incredible (quit complaining about no wall running), and the communication system might be industry changing level good. Best BR on the market.
  28. Feb 23, 2019
    This game came out of nowhere. Everyone was playing it and it took the world by storm. I was very skeptical with this game because I didn't feel like playing another Battle Royale game, but I think everyone should give it a shot.

I enjoyed the variety with each weapon and how attachments are essential to gain the upper hand against another player. How each character is designed to have different abilities that offers a bit of excitement. Considering how it was released out of nowhere the servers are pretty solid, with the exception of lag every now and then. Either the servers are extremely slow as if the world was in slow-motion, or I teleport from one location to another but this is tolerable since it's not often I get them.

The controls are very simple to understand and the mechanics will be easy to master only after a few games. Sliding is actually my favorite mechanic since it helps us traverse the map at a faster pace and the balloons are interesting points to enter the circle when it closes in.

Since it's free-to-play it's obvious that there are micro-transactions but that's to be expected and they're not required in the slightest, just for people with money to spend at their leisure.

This is fun to play by yourself, but even better to play with others since you're always entering with two other people regardless. Once again, it's free-to-play, so give it a try and enjoy the mayhem!
  29. Mar 29, 2019
    Thank god this game does not have dance emotes in it,It would have been truly shameful if someone started dancing as im choking on gas behind the glass in bunker.Almost like the holocaust all over again.
  30. Apr 12, 2019
    I've always hated Fortnite, but I gave Apex a try. It turned out to be sensible! A good free game
  31. Jun 9, 2019
    Battle royale done properly. Fantastic game. Perfect in between of a Fortnite and PUBG.
  32. Feb 17, 2019
    One of the most fun shooters in the last decade. By far the best BT game out there. Respawn, the so to speak inventors of Call of Duty, still know their ****
  33. Feb 19, 2019
    PROS:
    smooth game-play
    unique character abilities quick match making controls are well mapped and easy to learn free to play a myriad of weapons to choose from CONS: forced 3 person squads Loot boxes (weapon and character skins are expensive) a couple of error bugs but nothing too bad especially for a newly released free game. This is a great game to try out for free. The
    PROS:
    smooth game-play
    unique character abilities
    quick match making
    controls are well mapped and easy to learn
    free to play
    a myriad of weapons to choose from

CONS:
    forced 3 person squads
    Loot boxes (weapon and character skins are expensive)

This is a great game to try out for free. The game itself is hard for most people to win that is part of the fun. Watching yourself get better and finally getting a win is very satisfying. There are many BR games out now but this one does it just as good if not better than all of the others.

I would normally give this an 8 or 9, but since we have butt-hurt people who have never played the game or are terrible at the game or are just awful in general giving ZEROES, I will give this game 10/10... there have been few games given away for free as good as this. To give a game of this magnitude a zero or 1 is asinine at best.
  34. Feb 20, 2019
    Seeing that this has a higher score than Fortnite has made my day. I have never played it before, I just hate Fortnite.
  35. Feb 9, 2019
    Pretty good BR with a nice twist, feels like a mix of borderlands and titanfall
  36. Feb 15, 2019
    Best battle royale game ever. All genre problems are solved. Evolution in every way.
  37. Feb 15, 2019
    This game is so much fun with friends! From the first match i was really satisfied and now its the only MP game i play at the moment.
  38. Feb 17, 2019
    It´s disgusting what some people voting and saying abouth that game. this game is not klose to Fortnite it might be the same ganre but you cant say that apex is the same like Fortnite and ore PUBG. apex is not a pay to win game and every person who says that is just stupid im sorry to say that but you can only buy skins which dosent efect the game play in any way and that is the only thingIt´s disgusting what some people voting and saying abouth that game. this game is not klose to Fortnite it might be the same ganre but you cant say that apex is the same like Fortnite and ore PUBG. apex is not a pay to win game and every person who says that is just stupid im sorry to say that but you can only buy skins which dosent efect the game play in any way and that is the only thing you can buy. this kiddis are just mad that nobody plays Fortnite or PUBG any more and i can say why every one plays apex cause apex duesent have bugs, it has a good weapon handling, mostly good servers and there are not thousends of litle 10 year olds. Have a nice day every one and have fun ;D Expand
  39. Mar 8, 2019
    Good but not yet great. Would be nice to have a solo mode a least. Currently you can only play with squads of 3 people. Unfortunately, too many times, other players (even using discord), don't listen much to the rest of the team and you end up dying simply because you are alone against another team. So too often you end up having to follow other people who don't play as a team. At leastGood but not yet great. Would be nice to have a solo mode a least. Currently you can only play with squads of 3 people. Unfortunately, too many times, other players (even using discord), don't listen much to the rest of the team and you end up dying simply because you are alone against another team. So too often you end up having to follow other people who don't play as a team. At least PUBG has a solo mode. In Rainbow Six and BF4, you have a team but you can still perform well without them. In Apex, good people tend to really stick together so if your team does not, you are dead. Expand
  40. Mar 10, 2019
    Updated review: Apex Legends is a fast-paced FPS in the crowded Battle Royale genre. Unlike other BR games, you play as a hero (in this case, Legend) with 3 abilities (1 passive, 1 active and 1 ultimate). The max amount of players is 60. The game's unique feature is the ability to respawn teammates even if they are shot down (provided you grab their banner and bring it back to a respawnUpdated review: Apex Legends is a fast-paced FPS in the crowded Battle Royale genre. Unlike other BR games, you play as a hero (in this case, Legend) with 3 abilities (1 passive, 1 active and 1 ultimate). The max amount of players is 60. The game's unique feature is the ability to respawn teammates even if they are shot down (provided you grab their banner and bring it back to a respawn site). The ability to ping anything you want to (enemie positions, loot, directions to an area, etc.) with R1 is very useful. The game runs at 50-60 fps on PS4 and feels twitchy. The core gameplay is a mix of CoD Blackout and Titanfall, you can frantically run and slide and climb walls just like in those games. The game has launched successfully, but it has issues.

This game is very tough for solo players. You are forced to play in squads of 3 people (there is no solo mode at the moment), and if you haven't brought friends to co-ordinate with you'll be at a big disadvantage vs everyone else playing in a squad with teammates and comms. The frantic pace of the game means there is no room for being tactical, it's more about run n' gun. The current roster of Legends is horrible. But the ultimate sin is that 2 of the currently available Legends (Caustic and Mirage) are locked behind a paywall or a lot of grinding.

At least Apex Legends is free to play. There is an in-game store selling 100s of cosmetics and skins. Thankfully there are no pay-to-win loot boxes so far. The real issue is you have to pay to unlock new Legends, and this may prove to be pay-to-win depending on their ability kits.

Apex Legends has been a big success thanks to Fortnite and PUBG's previous success. The game is good, but Respawn need to address the issues.
  41. Feb 18, 2019
    The only Battle Royale i truly enjoyed. Keep doing the right things Respawn.
  42. Mar 27, 2019
    Like this if you love apex. like like like like like like like like thissss
  43. Feb 10, 2019
    Combines the team and class nature of Overwatch, the gunplay of COD and PUBG, and the skins/emotes/loot from Fortnite. Absolutely no pay-to-win, as all of the rewards are cosmetic. The guns feel superb, maybe a bit more arcadey than COD (the guns are pretty tight and remind me more of Halo).

Great features: jumping together as a team so the loner doesn't ruin your time. Pinging the map from the game (not the map screen) is an amazing feature than every game now needs. The mods auto-equipping if they are better than what you have and if you have the spot open on your weapon is just such a great feature. And when you switch weapons, it will auto-switch the mods.

Bad features: honestly almost none. Maybe the reload time is a bit too long? (but that just encourages you to pursue extended clips and rewards those who do) And yeah, the elephant in the room is that EA owns Respawn, but they seem to have their hands out of this one unlike Anthem, which already appears to be a full-priced game with microtransactions. This game does the MTs just like Fortnite, which is totally ok in my book. You can play the game perfectly well with them and enjoy them if you get them.
  44. Feb 10, 2019
    First Battle Royale I've gotten into. The map is huge and might be better suited with a few more squads. But I love the graphics and the gun play and the PING system. Also wish you could play with the same team if you find some strangers you play well with after a game. Otherwise, it's a blast even though I'm not very good.
  45. Feb 10, 2019
    A very good and finished game imo. Tight controls and doesn't tank my PC despite having good graphics and fast gameplay (running at a steady 120 frames most of time). Smooth gunplay, alternate methods of transportation instead of vehicles...I like how you can revive your teammates even after they're killed and the ping system is very convenient. The character abilities are pretty cool andA very good and finished game imo. Tight controls and doesn't tank my PC despite having good graphics and fast gameplay (running at a steady 120 frames most of time). Smooth gunplay, alternate methods of transportation instead of vehicles...I like how you can revive your teammates even after they're killed and the ping system is very convenient. The character abilities are pretty cool and you'll need to use at the right time and place in order to get the dub. I'm personally disappointed that you can't play duo or squad but maybe respawn will change that when they add more legends or something. You can't wall run :(((((( (maybe add lootable magnetic boots for metal surfaces later???) and there are no Titans (add Titans to high tier loot areas, repair kits, repair legend later???).Plus, something's up with Origin's launcher in terms of tracking my hours. I've played at least 12 hours, not 52. A lot of hate for Legends is because it's another battle royale with micro transactions and the characters being annoying (i can sympathize lol. Emo goth wraith saying emo stuff and gibraltar is loud af) and "forced diversity" (just play as Pathfinder if skin color matters to you that much) and EA is terrible blah blah blah. None of the micro transactions effect the gameplay whatsoever--they're purely cosmetic (just like fortnite and PUBG). You can easily get skins for gaining XP. And news flash, developers need money to continue to update their games and pay their employees to make new ones, especially for a free-to-play. Expand
  46. Feb 11, 2019
    I honestly don't understand the hate for this game. I was very skeptical at first. I was really tired of the whole battle royal genre but a few of my friends kept telling me to give this game a try.

I'm glad I did. For starters some of the game mechanics are phenomenal. The game has a "ping" system where you are able to point out objects, locations and enemies with ease. This allows

I'm glad I did.

For starters some of the game mechanics are phenomenal. The game has a "ping" system where you are able to point out objects, locations and enemies with ease. This allows to play whole rounds without using a mic. Another great mechanic is the games revive system. If you were to get downed by an enemy, your teammate has the chance to revive you (like every battle royal) but If you were to get killed, your teammate can grab your tag and bring it to a revive station. BAM, you're back in the game. This adds a unique spin and I love it.

One this that should be said is that right now you can only play as a 3 person team. I've played a good amount of games with a full squad and as solo w/ randoms. So far I've won 2 games with the squad and 1 game with just one random. Regardless, each match was fun, entertaining, and exciting. I know that they will be adding more game match options but even as it it now, its fun!

I've player majority of the battle royal games out today and this is how I would put them into order (top being better):

Apex Legends
    PUBG
    Fortnite
    Black Ops: Blackout
    Ark: Survival of the Fittest
    H1Z1
    Realm Royale
    The Culling

I am excited to see where this game goes!

Personal score: 9/10

Rating it a 10/10 to counteract some of the trolls.
  47. Feb 11, 2019
    I've never liked battle royale games, but Apex Legends is great and unique. I hope they add new areas, weapons and playable legends in the future.
  48. Feb 9, 2019
    the game have an awesome jugability (Respawn know about FPS), it feels good balanced and its really fun. Maybe a liitle expensive the price of the characters but... its free. I think in the future with new pjs, maps, modes the game will stay for a long time. definitely a game that you have to try if you like the genre
  49. Feb 17, 2019
    One of the, if not the best BR game out there right now. It's free, gameplay is fun, microtransactions are cosmetic only (and the cosmetics you get are great, unlike Fortnite). Respawn took a take at this genre and got it right. I am not a fan of BR games and never got hooked to any of them, but this one is just a lot more polished and enjoyable than all the others
  50. Feb 13, 2019
    If the game crashes to desktop roll back from the latest Nvidia drivers. 418.81 is the reason for the game crashing. Rolled back yesterday and it works perfectly. Best game ever.
  51. Feb 20, 2019
    At first it felt little odd and confusing. I am not really a fan of BR games but played them a lot. This basically is the best there yet. I think the playing is best in any game but they really should focus on atmosphere. I think everyone should try this at 10 games minimum with friend maybe. After that i think most will love it.
  52. Mar 12, 2019
    Titanfall Battle Royale, "Respawn Entertainment" Excellent strategy to create a true team game mode.
  53. Mar 17, 2019
    It is awesome. You should definitely try this game. It is much wow. Apex is awesome.
  54. Feb 10, 2019
    I get it. People really don't like EA. People really don't like the Battle Royale genre. And people really don't like Free-To-Play and microtransactions. I know because I am one of those people.

I have to admit, I am hating myself for this too. I never got into Fortnite or PUBG because the genre never appealed to me and those games still don't. However, I do like Respawn and was willing to try if for the sake of that. And I'm glad I did. Respawn somehow was able to maneuver around EA's red tape and greediness and develop a good game.

The game is probably one of the best running Free-to-Play games out there. And I don't mean that as a diss. It truly is smooth and the graphics are beautiful. The "team" battle royale feeling adds something to the pot in this game for someone like me who is sketchy on multiplayer games. I feel like their are true tactics I can speak in regards to my team as to how to feel safe which makes the headset I spent $70+ on feel like a good investment for once.

Yes, their are microtransactions in this game, however, AS OF NOW, it doesn't have an effect in gameplay.

My honest argument is give it a try. I don't like the battle royale genre myself, but honestly, even this one got me hooked. Were it not for being by Respawn, I would have never tried it, but I am honestly glad I did. If you try it and don't like it, hey it's free. Go on with your live and live happy and merry knowing you never spent a dime on it. But try it first.
  55. Feb 12, 2019
    I've played PUBG, Fortnite, and Blackout. Apex Legends is the best experience I've had with a Battle Royale. I'm a solo player and playing the previous 3 I mentioned was overwhelming.

While the gameplay for Fortnite can be fun at times and is fast paced, I hated the building side of things. I'm just not that quick to react. And lets be serious. There is rarely original final battles in Fortnite. It's just build, build, build to not get shot.

PUBG and Blackout are nearly identical gameplay-wise and pace. Gameplay can be fun, but seems more fun when playing with a squad of friends. The pace is slow. Maybe map size to player count ratio has something to do with that. I don't know. I feel like I spend more time out of the games than I do in them at times.

Apex Legends seems to take the best parts of the previous 3 (and possibly others). It's fun and fast paced like Fortnite. The guns feel good like PUBG/Blackout. Throw in some character perks ala R6:S/Overwatch, and you've got a great game! Are you like me and aren't really a mic person? Great! They have a ping system that allows you to mark targets, items, where you want to go, acknowledgements, and more. It's easy to use too!

The game is free to play. Do yourself a favor and try it out. Sure it's EA and sure there are 'lootboxes'. But they are all cosmetic. So just don't buy them.
  56. Feb 8, 2019
    This game is Awesome, i usually not play BR games but this is really fun, and dont need a extreme pc for run smoothly
  57. Feb 14, 2019
    Considering I can't stop thinking about getting back to it while I am at work, I would say that APEX legends is amazing. Still hoping for Titanfall 3, but this is PURE fun!
  58. Feb 6, 2019
    Awesome, first battle royale that i played more than 1 hour, 60 FPS, no lags, fast, fun
  59. Feb 7, 2019
    just unexpectedly, EA with Respawn come out and shoot like a big gun.
    Yes, and f2p. after all the battle royals, this one really gives a new experience.
    Smart and clear ping system - it works fine.
    Absolutely comfortable to play with other random players without a voice chat, I thought this does not happen.
    But Respawn did their best.
  60. Feb 7, 2019
    Amazing game, definitely my favourite BR game. Wish they would add an option to adjust monitor brightness/gamma though.
  61. Feb 9, 2019
    There are quite a few reasons to dislike EA, but the fact that they did it is divine, the game is very good to start, and I am sure that it will have a good future.
  62. Feb 5, 2019
    okay, now this is epic. you shoot gun at other gun. big kill much fun. 10/10 best game.
  63. Feb 7, 2019
    Очень понравилась игра, по моему мнению лучше чем, Пубг и фортнайт.........
  64. Feb 8, 2019
    mejor que fortnite .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  65. Feb 9, 2019
    Simple and fast game... old good mechanics and simple "powers" ... grateful for a game like this... a game for everyone
  66. Feb 25, 2019
    Absolutely Amazing! This is a real BattleRoyal and Free Game! The only thing that is missing is the crossplatform.
  67. Feb 6, 2019
    It's one of the most fun, accessible Battle Royale. It adds something new and every encounter is very fun. It's more original than other BR's and the guns all feel distinctive and fun to use. I particularly like the classes - a nod to Overwatch which really mixes up the gameplay. It's free, therefore you MUST give it a try!
  68. Feb 6, 2019
    I've only spent a few hours with this game, but so far I've enjoyed it. Titanfall without titans seemed like a bad idea, but honestly for a BR game, titans would make players overpowered. We know they're working on Titanfall 3, so there's no need to panic, people. Also, it's free! If you want a TItanfall BR game with titans and wall running, just wait a little bit and pay for it when itI've only spent a few hours with this game, but so far I've enjoyed it. Titanfall without titans seemed like a bad idea, but honestly for a BR game, titans would make players overpowered. We know they're working on Titanfall 3, so there's no need to panic, people. Also, it's free! If you want a TItanfall BR game with titans and wall running, just wait a little bit and pay for it when it come out.
    I believe keeping game play simple, but characters interesting is what makes this game so enjoyable. It takes a bit of time to get used to each character's different abilities. I recommend trying them all.
  69. Feb 6, 2019
    This game is extremely fun to play. People are mad that it's EA, has lootboxes, and is a battle royale. But it's free, and it's really, really fun - especially with friends. Just try it before you decide you hate it. It's like Respawn took every criticism that people have with the battle royale genre and tried to fix them. To me, Battle Royale has always been a really cool idea thatThis game is extremely fun to play. People are mad that it's EA, has lootboxes, and is a battle royale. But it's free, and it's really, really fun - especially with friends. Just try it before you decide you hate it. It's like Respawn took every criticism that people have with the battle royale genre and tried to fix them. To me, Battle Royale has always been a really cool idea that was poorly executed. Apex Legends is the first to execute it well. Expand
  70. Feb 6, 2019
    I think they have done it. Best Battle Royale game. I really love how they blended in hero mechanics to the genre.
  71. Feb 13, 2019
    A really nice twist on the battle royale format; the characters we have so far are very interesting and lively during matches, and the ping system is fantastic.
  72. Feb 14, 2019
    Ape sex legen is a god game i leik is very moch. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  73. Feb 5, 2019
    The team tools are amazing. The ping is super-smart and has a great approach. The game is well balanced and fun. It's free so give it a try.
  74. Feb 9, 2019
    Heading into this game i kept my mind wide open, for the simple fact that im sick to my stomach of every other BR game out there. I needed something new, refreshing and last but not least; FINISHED.

This game is a fresh breath of air in the BR scene. It includes an actually finished product, that is yours to play for the whopping amount of 0$. If you you are looking for somthing new to play, that runs well and has fast phased fluent gameplay; then this is your new game.

They introduce something that i've been missing in the BR scene for a while: An option to revive your friends/squadmates after you get finished by that kill hungry player, that ends up loosing to the remaining temmates on your team, because he prioritized finishing you instead og cleaning up the fight. This function is super interesting and gives playing with strangers motivation to not instantly quit out the game when you get BM'd.

There are some flaws with the game in the early launch phase, due to EA/respawn beeing the server provider. They simply do not have the capacity to handle the initial popularity this game has gotten. But im certain the server issues will be sorted out rapidly as more players are drawn to the game.

This game is a "you either love it or hate it" kinda game. If you are struggling with adaptive fast phased gameplay, steer away from this game. But if you enjoy strategic agressive firsperson shooters, and getting those sweet sweet "victory royales" along with ur friends that you've either played with for years, or met druing your long sessions in this game. Then dont hesitate, pick this game up.
  75. Feb 6, 2019
    First of the good: fun gameplay, tight controls & movement, balanced characters/classes, cool new features for example the ping system and the 3 man squad mechanic and able to revive team mates after they die. The game also runs buttery smooth on console (playing on ps4 pro). But there are some negatives here too the game is still very very new so only BR mode, 1 map and 8 "Legends"First of the good: fun gameplay, tight controls & movement, balanced characters/classes, cool new features for example the ping system and the 3 man squad mechanic and able to revive team mates after they die. The game also runs buttery smooth on console (playing on ps4 pro). But there are some negatives here too the game is still very very new so only BR mode, 1 map and 8 "Legends" (classes), for some that might be a turn off but its a f2p game and it feels like almost an AAA quality game, compare this to Blackout and I'd much much rather play Apex Legends. Also the customization and gear is only cosmetic but it does have microtransaction and lootboxes however I think its a fair move considering again its f2p, the lootboxes have fair drop rates and all the
    microtransactions are cosmetics. Overall this game if a lot of fun especially with friends you can see the love Respawn has put into the gameplay and its a sad fact we're not getting TF3 but this makes up for it mostly and keeps my hope of seeing TF3 on day in the future. Personally I see a lot of potential in this game so I hope EA won't run this into the ground like their other games. But so far the game is a lot fun and might be the new BR game of 2019.
  76. Jun 11, 2019
    Best BR so far, It's Titanfall but feels even better, gameplay is so fun, but the devs are too lazy to rub their noses. I don't like how this is going.
  77. Feb 7, 2019
    Really fun game. I like that its free if it had not been I probably never would of given it a chance. I was always a fan of titanfall so Im sure that helps in liking this game but over all the gameplay is smooth, the matches are fast, and Im having fun with it. 8/10
  78. Feb 19, 2019
    Ok, I take back what I said about the graphics, It's gud and I can't wait to see the new content.
  79. Feb 26, 2019
    This game is hitting the gutter REAL fast. EA has turned this game into a Micro-transaction cash-grab. Stay away!
  80. Feb 10, 2019
    What the hell with bad review bombing saying its a cash grab or another soulless BR games ?!
    They sure never play this game and just ranting because its another BR or just pure hate on EA
    I play almost all major BR games, I played PUBG since its early-access, also sometimes play Fortnite and BO4. And oh boy this Apex Legends is the best from them all. Fluid game play, tight fire

Fluid game play, tight fire fight, balanced environment, that amazing pinging system and Legends unique skills, and not to forget those little random chat that our Legends speak corresponding with the situation. They really fixed whats wrong with other BR games, 10/10 from me !
  81. Feb 6, 2019
    apex legends is THE br game i have been waiting for on my ps4. its not your playerunknown "running" grounds, no "blanket fort" nite, or even black "out of original assets". apex legends is extremely well crafted and fun. it seems to have been created with a vision in mind rather than just throwing on a br game mode on to an existing game. apex legends takes your br steak, adds some tastyapex legends is THE br game i have been waiting for on my ps4. its not your playerunknown "running" grounds, no "blanket fort" nite, or even black "out of original assets". apex legends is extremely well crafted and fun. it seems to have been created with a vision in mind rather than just throwing on a br game mode on to an existing game. apex legends takes your br steak, adds some tasty new spices, trims off the fat, and is served in a beautiful presentation. (bon apetite) it is the first br game that has me coming back for more! Expand
  82. Feb 10, 2019
    This is the most polished, balanced and best looking BR-Game to get released. I was sceptical first, I wasn't a big fan of other BRs, but i gave it a try like everyone else. And holy **** its addicting.
    Apex got some great takes on the Battle Royale Genre overall, specifically the great gamedesign including a ping system which is a first-of-its-kind. You can fully communicate with your squad, randoms or friends through this system. Next great thing is the balance of the game. You feel like every weapon is viable (except maybe Mosambique) and every Legend or Hero is contributing to your playstyle. There is nothing 'OP' in this game, everything is useable.
    Other great thing are the graphics and atmosphere. The world and every character is crafted with lots of details. You can feel the personality on each Legend and you can customize your Hero how you want with various skins, poses, stats and badges. You can build your own "legacy" with each Legend because your stats and badges are fitting to the one Legend you played.
    If you win a game, you get appreciated through being the champion next game. So everybody knows who to look after and can see you on different big posters throughout the map. It gives you an extra rush seeing you on a big screen hanging there, visible for everyone.
    Only a few deaths are really getting you to rage, normally you'll rage a lot but through clever design choices with armor, HP and TTK you have the chance to win every gun fight and even win games when you are not the biggest 'aimer' in the world.
    On top of all that, it got released in a finished state and is free to play. The prices for the premium currency are more then fair and only thing you can buy are cosmetics, no pay to win what so ever.
    The only big bad thing for me is Origin. Origin is just not working, lots of issues with connecting to friends, to the game and to a lobby.

You see, I am a big fan of this game. No game got me that addicted and no game feels so good.
    Even if you dont like Battle Royale, this game is nothing like PUBG for example. GIve it a try, trust me.
  83. Feb 10, 2019
    I'm usually uninterested with BRs. This game is the perfect meeting between a BR and Borderlands. Loved it!
  84. Feb 8, 2019
    This is not the PC port of the game idiots! Don't review bomb the game if your PC sucks. To those who whine and **** on this game what else do you want? It's a **** FREE game. Don't like it, don't play it!
  85. Feb 11, 2019
    not a fan of BR games in general, but this one really got me addicted. Maybe because I really enjoy Titanfall gameplay overall and this sure reminds me of it, except there are not Titans. Map density is awesome, almost no major bugs at lunch, next game loads quick, a party of 3 seems to be the right number and weapon balance seems to be good for now. Looking forward to seeing how this gamenot a fan of BR games in general, but this one really got me addicted. Maybe because I really enjoy Titanfall gameplay overall and this sure reminds me of it, except there are not Titans. Map density is awesome, almost no major bugs at lunch, next game loads quick, a party of 3 seems to be the right number and weapon balance seems to be good for now. Looking forward to seeing how this game evolves. Expand
  86. Feb 8, 2019
    A pretty decent and exciting take on the Battle Royale formula! Apex Legends basically takes all the cliches of previous battle royales and hero shooters and just shrunk it down drastically. It takes the hero system of Overwatch and Black Ops 4, combines it with Fortnite's squad system, adds in PUBG's weapon and armor system, and has it all take place in the Titanfall universe, and it allA pretty decent and exciting take on the Battle Royale formula! Apex Legends basically takes all the cliches of previous battle royales and hero shooters and just shrunk it down drastically. It takes the hero system of Overwatch and Black Ops 4, combines it with Fortnite's squad system, adds in PUBG's weapon and armor system, and has it all take place in the Titanfall universe, and it all blends together surprisingly well! And there are plenty of other exciting little add ons and twists previous games haven't tried before. Sometimes great games do come in small packages! Let's hope there's more for this new game for the future! Expand
  87. Feb 11, 2019
    Единственный вообще Баттлрояль, в который мне реально весело играется. Оторваться просто невозможно, из-за командной специфики крысятничество нулевое, все бегут, рубяться, стрельба кайфовая, персонажи продуманы, реально уникальные по скиллам, это тот БР, который был нужен человечеству. 12/10 на кончиках пальцевЕдинственный вообще Баттлрояль, в который мне реально весело играется. Оторваться просто невозможно, из-за командной специфики крысятничество нулевое, все бегут, рубяться, стрельба кайфовая, персонажи продуманы, реально уникальные по скиллам, это тот БР, который был нужен человечеству. 12/10 на кончиках пальцев
  88. Feb 9, 2019
    I would give this game a 7.5 out of 10 but due to many unjustified 0 star reviews, I am bumping up the score to 10.

This is a fun game that I would enjoy spending hour watching on Twitch or playing on PS4. I have been watching this game on Twitch for 3 days straight and still enjoying it. - This game brings new elements into BR genre and can challenge fortnite in the near future

- This game brings new elements into BR genre and can challenge fortnite in the near future (which is a good thing)

- The game features characters from different background with people from Polynesia as well from the LGBT community, which few game companies have the courage to do so.

- I would rate this game a 8.5 or even 9 out of 10 if it has more trainings and tutorials for new players. I find it hard to pick up the pace initially.
  89. Feb 11, 2019
    Give it a try it's a great game filled with action you are not going to regret giving it a try and also its free ! so what do you have to lose?
  90. Mar 29, 2019
    It was a great game when it first came out but the hackers have hit it hard with the aim bots and infinite health. Prior to hackers, this was a 9. Since the hackers and the absolutely abysmal "battle pass" which you pay $10 for and it's "big" prize for finishing is..... a gun skin for the havoc..... awful. Save your money, don't buy the battle pass.... it's a freakin money grab for crap offerings.
  91. Mar 16, 2019
    Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall spin-off should have been an easy contender for the coveted title of best battle royale game on the market. It has several innovatove systems, unique mechanics, and an identity all its own. Unfortunately a plethora of technical issues prevent it from being anything more than a source of frustration and disappointment.

The ping system is by far the

The ping system is by far the game's greatest achievement. It allows you to communicate a wide array of information to your teammates with the simple press of a button. You no longer need to cross your fingers and hope everyone on your squad has a mic when jumping into a match with randoms. Apex Legends makes it surprisingly easy to coordinate without saying a single word. A good thing as the entire package is built around grouping up.

You'll find no solo options here. It's you and two other people all the way. A concept that's made a little more interesting thanks to the 8 playable "Legends" characters (6 of which are available from the start) that each have their own unique abilities. With no one on your squad being able to select the same character it's up to you to choose the one that best complements whoever your teammates picked all while finding the one that best suits your playstyle.

All of this mixed with the smaller player count compared to its contemporaries and Titanfall's excellent gunplay should have been an easy recipe for success. However, Apex Legends is something of an unpolished mess when it comes to server stability. Which means whenever I'm not suffering through an obscene amount of lag, I'm regularly losing my connection to the match all together just as things start to get good. Even when booting it up for the first time I can see the game struggling with simple character animations in the main menu. Obviously, this isn't an issue for everyone as I've seen plenty of people who have been able to climb high in the ranks, but I honestly don't believe that it's just my internet connection as I can play the technical dumpster fire that is Fallout 76 with next to no issues. As it stands, there are a lot of good ideas in this battle royale, but for me and others I'm sure it's currently in a state that's unplayable.
  92. Feb 14, 2019
    In my opinion, this is the best Battle Royale in the market today. The definitive battle royale.
  93. Mar 28, 2019
    Pros:
    -Gun play feels nice
    -Legends abilities are a good addition
    -Map is well made
    -Movement is swift and smooth
    -The characters talking to each other is very innovative

Cons:
    -TERRIBLE optimization
    -Not fun for over an hour or two
    -Terrain feels bland and lifeless
  94. Mar 24, 2019
    This is a great game season 1 is now out and you can earn the cost of the battle pass back i.e it is free if you grind. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE TROLLS.
  95. Feb 12, 2019
    Solid gameplay with enough new material to keep things interesting for a while.
  96. Feb 14, 2019
    It pissed off pale, inbred whiny **** so I think that warrants a 10 out of 10 :)
  97. Apr 13, 2019
    It just gets so boring after 2-3 games I just didn't enjoy the fact that you have to pay for characters. Of course, EA ruined a BR
  98. Feb 12, 2019
    This game has some fun for sure. But weapons are ridiculously unbalanced leading to a boring, already-seen shotgun CQC meta. high ttk, too many shieds, and shield regens give endless and messy gunfight in the endgame. Superior RNG loot is king in this game. it is a waste of potential. superior positioning, synergies between legends or tactical gameplay are not rewarded. Not so optimisticThis game has some fun for sure. But weapons are ridiculously unbalanced leading to a boring, already-seen shotgun CQC meta. high ttk, too many shieds, and shield regens give endless and messy gunfight in the endgame. Superior RNG loot is king in this game. it is a waste of potential. superior positioning, synergies between legends or tactical gameplay are not rewarded. Not so optimistic that it will change in the future... Expand
  99. Feb 5, 2019
    I remember the good old days when people didnt try and tank games based on what they were instead of how they play.

After playing for a couple of hours I can already say this feels like a pretty refreshing change up for the BR genre, its plays very much like you would expect a titan fall shoot off game to play so the mechanics are pretty smooth. The addition of a class system is

The addition of a class system is really nice, anyone who has played overwatch or rainbow 6 will appreciate the idea of team composition and when picking characters and even with a small selection of legends this still comes into play.

Little things like designating who gets to pick their characters when and the ability to take control of the entire teams drop location means there is a real push on team work.

Further touches like being able to see the gear level of enemies before trying to look their bodies and possibility of legend revival are all welcome change ups.

Overall this game has potential and its already pretty polished. Look forward to seeing how this plays out.
  100. Feb 8, 2019
    Ignore the trolls. One reviewer saying it's PAY TO WIN? Give me a break, it's 100% cosmetic. This is the best BR easily. Respawn is an amazing developer and has created a new hit. Highly recommended to anyone interested in FPS.

1. Apr 1, 2019
    Apex Legends spices up the battle royale formula with hero-based shooter pizazz and its revolutionary pinging system, which helps everyone feel welcome to the team. Though its Season One rollout has been disappointing content-wise and its visual flair remains bland, Apex Legends still has the solid foundation necessary for a free-to-play shooter to survive in the long run. And with 50 million players reached in its first month, it's not like it's slowing down anytime soon. We're all jumpmasters now.
    There are many free to play Battle Royale games out there that are vying for your attention, but Apex Legends takes the genre to new heights with its superb gunplay, Moreish game loop and a superb communication mechanic.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Feb 28, 2019
    Apex Legends arrives fully formed, feature complete, free and quite, quite brilliant, a game that pushes its host genre forward, refining and redefining its template in the process. [Issue#330, p.102]