8.3

1. Nov 23, 2018
    The best showcase for VR - its so easy to understand and start playing, very rewarding, yet extremely hard to master on expert levels. I am in awe how well the game performs on PSVR compared to HTC Vive - calibration works I would say best in any PSVR game (floor leveling), its easy to customize it for kids, and the tracking is impeccable with the latest update. Also the music is catchy,The best showcase for VR - its so easy to understand and start playing, very rewarding, yet extremely hard to master on expert levels. I am in awe how well the game performs on PSVR compared to HTC Vive - calibration works I would say best in any PSVR game (floor leveling), its easy to customize it for kids, and the tracking is impeccable with the latest update. Also the music is catchy, makes you move Expand
  2. Nov 24, 2018
    This game is awesome and worth the $30 I spent. This game is exactly what VR is supposed to be. I shared this game with friends, and everyone has loved it. The tracking is so smooth and very precise. You feeling like your chopping up blocks to some great beats. Great work out also. Great way to get your teens and wife moving. I will definitely buy more content from this game. JustThis game is awesome and worth the $30 I spent. This game is exactly what VR is supposed to be. I shared this game with friends, and everyone has loved it. The tracking is so smooth and very precise. You feeling like your chopping up blocks to some great beats. Great work out also. Great way to get your teens and wife moving. I will definitely buy more content from this game. Just hope it comes soon enough. Expand
  3. Nov 21, 2018
    This is the best PSVR game so far. While lots of games port known game mechanics to VR Beat Saber delivers a whole new experience. The gameplay is dead simple but SO MUCH FUN. The tracking is perfect.
    I wish they deliver DLC in the future to enhance the number of music titles and maybe even more/different play modes. The movement aspect of the game is probably one of the things I enjoy the most. You get into the beat with your light sabers, you start dancing and you actually do a workout. If you don't own it, get it. If you are unsure, try it somewhere else.
  4. Nov 20, 2018
    This game is so much fun. The great thing is anyone can pick up and play. I thought originally the fact that there was no licensed songs would make the game not so great compared to all the PC videos I've seen with modded songs. However the song selection is on point and I cannot see a single person who wouldn't enjoy playing this game. Must buy for PSVR owners!
  5. Nov 20, 2018
    This is exactly the sort of thing that VR was made for - just pure fun, the whole way through. If you fancy giving your arms a bit of a workout, this could be just the thing for you.
  6. Nov 20, 2018
    It's best, I was surprised that a picture is more beautiful than VIVE and Oculus.
  7. Nov 20, 2018
    This is an incredibly fun game that absolutely anyone can pick up and enjoy. Great for highscore chasers and informal social gatherings alike.
  8. Dec 21, 2018
    I have purchased a lot of psvr games now and they're all a mixed bag since there isn't really a reliable place to get valuable insight into psvr game quality. Almost every PSVR game I have had enough interest to research and I look up on MetaCritic will have reviews from users saying, "THIS IS THE BEST VR GAME I'VE PLAYED YET!1!!1" I am an optimist and have purchased some real stinkersI have purchased a lot of psvr games now and they're all a mixed bag since there isn't really a reliable place to get valuable insight into psvr game quality. Almost every PSVR game I have had enough interest to research and I look up on MetaCritic will have reviews from users saying, "THIS IS THE BEST VR GAME I'VE PLAYED YET!1!!1" I am an optimist and have purchased some real stinkers because of this sentiment, the first one that comes to mind is Archangel. $30 wasted.

As for Beat Saber, I bought into the hype for it between seeing videos of folks playing the pc version, and reading comments from people on Reddit giving it incredibly glowing rave reviews. I'm not going to skewer it too much, as for what it is, it is well crafted and intuitive. However, if there were a demo for it with a single lever, I think that would truly be enough to go around for those who are interested in this game.

The music in it isn't that great, as someone who plays drums and loves a wide variety of music, I find that the actual rhythm/block correlations don't make a ton of sense -- I found it almost more fun to play with the music turned down low or off. I thought it might be similar to Thumper, where the music will ramp up as you successfully perform the correct actions, making it more immersive. No, the music will play unaltered regardless of what you're doing. I think that's boring. There isn't much variety in the gameplay after you spend a half hour playing it, the shapes are all the same (cubes) -- thus far in my play through, I don't expect them to change -- as you progress through the campaign it simply ramps up the level of precision required to complete a level, and limits the amount of mistakes you can make. I think for some folks this would be addictive, but I found it a bit monotonous. Maybe if guitar hero is your thing you'll like this a lot.

I think I am doing a noble deed by letting you know that Beat Saber for PS4 truly is overrated and that you should wait for it to be less than $15. Sounds like on PC there are mods that make it way better, but on ps4 it is quite vanilla and if you find that this is the "BEST VR GAME EVER!" - then you need to try some other games out, because that is a pretty bold statement. Thanks for reading.
  9. Nov 29, 2018
    I'm sweating, sprained my wrist, hit a table with my hand... and I love it! It's so responsive and intuitive. You just follow the beat and cut the blocks with your light sabers.

I would just wish they add more rock songs. Dubstep isn't really my thing and I would appreciate more variety. I hope they release song DLCs quickly. Either way Beat Saber is a VR showcase.
  10. Jan 10, 2019
    I'd equate this to "DDR but with your hands". The game is very fun and one of the best for any VR system. It also is one of the least taxing VR games, I think, in terms of motion sickness. It makes great use of only requiring the player to look forward for the game itself. There's not a ton of head sway involved. Most interaction comes from moving your hands. The game itself is very fun.I'd equate this to "DDR but with your hands". The game is very fun and one of the best for any VR system. It also is one of the least taxing VR games, I think, in terms of motion sickness. It makes great use of only requiring the player to look forward for the game itself. There's not a ton of head sway involved. Most interaction comes from moving your hands. The game itself is very fun. The campaign can be EXTREMELY hard at times, requiring tons of concentration. But its very fun. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great VR rhythm game. Expand
  11. Jan 3, 2019
    I picked this up the day it was released and I've been too busy playing it to review it. For now Beat Saber is lacking on PS4 compared to PC due to licensing restrictions for custom songs and a lack of multiplayer but even with a limited track selection it's definitely worth the price.

If you don't like rhythm games you probably won't like Beat Saber but if you've enjoyed Guitar Hero and want something like that for PSVR, check out Beat Saber.
  12. Nov 22, 2018
    More expensive than the PC version but it's so much fun I didn't care. Soundtrack fits the game really well even though it's not the kind of music I'd usually listen to and the gameplay is absolutely fantastic.
  13. Dec 17, 2018
    By far the best rhythm game in the VR community! Although must note that the PSVR lacks content compared to other consoles
  14. Nov 28, 2018
    The best playstation vr game I have ever played.Amazing enjoy and 0 motion sickness
  15. Dec 14, 2018
    A simple concept, executed perfectly. When you beat a level on expert, you come out feeling like you can take on the world. Brilliant.
  16. Dec 23, 2018
    Unique experience and fun game to play with your family. The music is excellent and i'm looking forward for the next batch of songs and beats. Would love to see some hit songs on Beat Saber. The calibration on the PS4 Move and Headseat work perfectly.

1. Jan 14, 2019
    Beat Saber is pure fun. One of the best VR games you can play, great to play alone or with friends. We need more songs, but apparently they are on their way.
  2. Jan 14, 2019
    Beat Saber is one of the most fun VR-games to play on PlayStation 4. The combination of lightsabers, great music and intense virtual reality is pure gold.
  3. Jan 9, 2019
    Beat Saber is possible the best VR experience ever made. It is an incredibly satisfying rhythm game which uses the immersion of VR to evoke a sense of scale, power and energy that hugely enhances the underlying gameplay loop. The mechanics, music and VR environment tap into something deep in your psyche that creates an irresistibly fun and empowering experience.