User Score
5.8

Mixed or average reviews- based on 80 Ratings

User score distribution:
  1. Positive: 40 out of 80
  2. Negative: 31 out of 80
Buy On

Review this game

  1. Your Score
    0 out of 10
    Rate this:
    • 10
    • 9
    • 8
    • 7
    • 6
    • 5
    • 4
    • 3
    • 2
    • 1
    • 0
    • 0
  1. Submit
  2. Check Spelling
  1. Feb 22, 2019
    0
    Not worth the asking price. Lack of content and codemasters will be releasing the other HALF of the GAME via PAID DLC. A disgrace to all gamers who support them over the years. DLC was supposed to be after a full game was released, for those that wanted it. Now these greedy developers are releasing half a game and then making you PAY for the rest, and codemasters and DIRT rally 2 are noNot worth the asking price. Lack of content and codemasters will be releasing the other HALF of the GAME via PAID DLC. A disgrace to all gamers who support them over the years. DLC was supposed to be after a full game was released, for those that wanted it. Now these greedy developers are releasing half a game and then making you PAY for the rest, and codemasters and DIRT rally 2 are no exception. FRAUD and gamers are sick of it all now. Only 6 rally locations is beyond the joke for a game in 2019, and codemasters know it! Utter rip off and the demise of gaming has started. Expand
  2. Feb 23, 2019
    2
    Король умер...

    К сожалению случилось то чего боялись многие. Это продолжение DIRT 4, а не того самого DIRT Rally. Минусы: - Невнятный FFB - Физика - кусок мыла упавшего в раковину - Упрощение геймплея - Замыливание графики на PS4 - Проблемы с освещением на участках проходящих днём, но в лестной местности - приходится переключать камеру - Отсутствие локализации Плюсы: -
    Король умер...

    К сожалению случилось то чего боялись многие. Это продолжение DIRT 4, а не того самого DIRT Rally.

    Минусы:

    - Невнятный FFB
    - Физика - кусок мыла упавшего в раковину
    - Упрощение геймплея
    - Замыливание графики на PS4
    - Проблемы с освещением на участках проходящих днём, но в лестной местности - приходится переключать камеру
    - Отсутствие локализации

    Плюсы:

    - Дизайн спец участков
    - Много автомобилей

    На самом деле негатива на много больше, к примеру жестикуляция пилота при финише возле маршала - как обезьяна сидит дрыгается и подобных мелочей ну очень много.
    Очень ждал эту игру, в итоге не дождался. Очень надеюсь, что многие проблемы исправят с патчами, но саму игру это вряд ли исправит - слишком много переделывать придется.

    Возвращаюсь к первой части, которую хочется переигрывать снова и снова, а это игра на 1 прохождение. Очень расстроен. Провал года для тех кто любит автосимы. Теперь жду WRC8.
    Expand
  3. Feb 25, 2019
    0
    Singleplayer Online Enforcement! Online-Savegames. No offline-mode!!

    I could not play at the Deluxe Version access on the weekend, because the RACENET from codemasters was down. And i PAYED to play this weekend.
  4. Feb 23, 2019
    1
    Из хорошего: физика поведения автомобилей, спецучастки. Все.
    Остальное отвратительно, особенно отношение Codemasters. Еще до релиза игры обьявить свои сизонпассы и DLC, вырезанные из игры, чтобы продать их отдельно. А в самой игре по факту контента ноль. Карьера никчемная и примитивная. Повсюду запихали свой дождь, каждая второй заезд по мокрому полотну.
    Из хорошего: физика поведения автомобилей, спецучастки. Все.
    Остальное отвратительно, особенно отношение Codemasters. Еще до релиза игры обьявить свои сизонпассы и DLC, вырезанные из игры, чтобы продать их отдельно. А в самой игре по факту контента ноль. Карьера никчемная и примитивная. Повсюду запихали свой дождь, каждая второй заезд по мокрому полотну.
  5. Feb 26, 2019
    2
    Awful awful FFB on the wheel which totally ruins the full experience! If you have a wheel stay well clear of this game as it's by far the worst FFB i have played on any racer in the last 8 years! Such a shame as it should of been a much better game than Dirt Rally but instead we have a much worse title. Dirt 4, On Rush and now DR 2.0 what the heck is happening at Codemasters these days?Awful awful FFB on the wheel which totally ruins the full experience! If you have a wheel stay well clear of this game as it's by far the worst FFB i have played on any racer in the last 8 years! Such a shame as it should of been a much better game than Dirt Rally but instead we have a much worse title. Dirt 4, On Rush and now DR 2.0 what the heck is happening at Codemasters these days? They used to be RACER KINGS! Expand
  6. Feb 25, 2019
    0
    увольняйте нахрен этого Джона, разрушителя серии, Армстронга. Испоганил прекрасную игру (dirt rally 2015). если бы я хотел поиграть в антисимулятор говна в проруби, я бы купил wrc 2007.
    теперь эти игры идентичны друг с другом.
  7. Mar 2, 2019
    0
    I love Rally racing games. Dirt sets the benchmark. Why must internet be required to play the career? Without it you have a shell of a perfect rally game. Sure I have internet. Yes I know there are DLC tracks coming. Don't force me to have an internet connection to play a game I just bought. Stick with Dirt Rally or 4 for this gen. Dirt 2 and 3 still look and play great. WRC and V RallyI love Rally racing games. Dirt sets the benchmark. Why must internet be required to play the career? Without it you have a shell of a perfect rally game. Sure I have internet. Yes I know there are DLC tracks coming. Don't force me to have an internet connection to play a game I just bought. Stick with Dirt Rally or 4 for this gen. Dirt 2 and 3 still look and play great. WRC and V Rally have made a great showing this year. Expand
  8. Mar 5, 2019
    0
    This game is unplayable on Playstation Pro as its so blurry you cannot see where you are going. Should of been called Dirt Blurry 2.0
  9. Mar 6, 2019
    4
    Disappointing. Game has very little content at launch, with the rest to come behind an expensive DLC scheme. FFB is at best broken at worst how Codemasters intended it. Either way you feel little to nothing in terms of road effects etc. The game made a big song and dance about stage wear....but you can't feel ruts.

    Overall, this game has been bought by so many off the back of the
    Disappointing. Game has very little content at launch, with the rest to come behind an expensive DLC scheme. FFB is at best broken at worst how Codemasters intended it. Either way you feel little to nothing in terms of road effects etc. The game made a big song and dance about stage wear....but you can't feel ruts.

    Overall, this game has been bought by so many off the back of the awesome DR1. People won't fall for it again, so I hope Codemasters work hard to fix this game or they have ruined an entire IP.
    Expand
  10. Feb 27, 2019
    10
    Better than the original in almost every way. The handling, the graphics, the weather conditions and the track surface changes all make it more realistic. And that realism makes it challenging but so rewarding when you nail it. Just start with the starter cars, and go carefully on the throttle.
  11. Feb 28, 2019
    10
    Graphics are really good, and it's super realistic with track and weather changes making it very challenging. Definitely a step above Dirt Rally in every way.
  12. Feb 26, 2019
    10
    Great game. Better than Dirt Rally in every way. There are some issues with Racenet and the ffb is a little light but I have confidence that Codies will sort it all out.
  13. Feb 26, 2019
    10
    yeah its good mate, best rally sim and bloody hard.. single player rally and rallycross multiplayer, best of both worlds
  14. Feb 22, 2019
    10
    El mejor juego de rallys que hay. Como el 1 pero mejorado. Fisicas mejoradas, desgaste de pisadas d rueda en los tramos, rally de catalunya añadido brutal!! Juego para jugar con volante
  15. Mar 10, 2019
    8
    Initial premise:
    I've been playing for many hours and I have nothing to say about the game that I consider improved in every aspect ... mah ...
    Dear Codemasters I have to slap you ... you made some good sales with the first and you have earned the loaf rightly but with this result you made a serious mistake: put the season pass !!! Instead of keeping everything you gave to us players in
    Initial premise:
    I've been playing for many hours and I have nothing to say about the game that I consider improved in every aspect ... mah ...
    Dear Codemasters I have to slap you ... you made some good sales with the first and you have earned the loaf rightly but with this result you made a serious mistake: put the season pass !!!
    Instead of keeping everything you gave to us players in the first inserting cars and circuits immediately was really necessary with the second to do it through a paid season pass ... you did not have to do it !!! I hope that on the next episode of the series you come back to do what you did with the first one.
    Expand
  16. Feb 26, 2019
    7
    so here's what i think about the game until now , it is a step up from the first installment of the game though is not from dirt 4 . the game looks better than ever visually , graphics are pretty great and overall design is just fine , also physics and realism feels a bit better compared to previous titles . what is not so great especially compared to dirt 4 is the lag of variety in everyso here's what i think about the game until now , it is a step up from the first installment of the game though is not from dirt 4 . the game looks better than ever visually , graphics are pretty great and overall design is just fine , also physics and realism feels a bit better compared to previous titles . what is not so great especially compared to dirt 4 is the lag of variety in every aspect , very few vehicles , few events and different places which is pretty disappointing for me . also i am quite sure that this game shouldn't be full priced for any reason . Expand
  17. Apr 9, 2019
    8
    Took me a while to get into but when you really get into the zone those new surface physics are amazing. There are some annoyances though, tyre choice is extremely vague to the point that I rarely bother, even though it certainly has some impact. Track choice is about as big as Dirt Rally 1, but there it was also a lacking factor. They are adding some of the old tracks as DLC but it's hardTook me a while to get into but when you really get into the zone those new surface physics are amazing. There are some annoyances though, tyre choice is extremely vague to the point that I rarely bother, even though it certainly has some impact. Track choice is about as big as Dirt Rally 1, but there it was also a lacking factor. They are adding some of the old tracks as DLC but it's hard to call that a plus (even though I think some people are leaving reviews that are unfairly harsh because of the DLC, and not the game itself, the DLC is a shame but it's never a real bother in my opinion. Just a little annoying). Overall I'd consider it at about the same level as the first one, and even though some wanky choices make it not the killer successor it should have been, it still brought me a lot of rally fun. Expand
  18. Mar 8, 2019
    9
    So Dirt Rally 2.0 is tipped as the most authentic off-road experience out there, and that claim definitely has some truth, with the new aspects of the game building on the previous games brilliant racing experience we might just have the best rally game since Colin McRae Rally
  19. Mar 14, 2019
    6
    For the money it’s a little disappointing. FFB is terrible for a modern game. Really, it could be soooo much better. Some of the effects are just ok but noticeably missing is any feedback on the road texture. Cars still handle like shopping trollies. Difficult handling does not a sim make. It’s not a terrible game, just misses out on some great potential. It would be better if they paidFor the money it’s a little disappointing. FFB is terrible for a modern game. Really, it could be soooo much better. Some of the effects are just ok but noticeably missing is any feedback on the road texture. Cars still handle like shopping trollies. Difficult handling does not a sim make. It’s not a terrible game, just misses out on some great potential. It would be better if they paid more attention to ffb and car physics than eye candy and weather effects. Having said that, the degrading road surfaces are quite good, if not a little overdone. Expand
Metascore
84

Generally favorable reviews - based on 34 Critics

Critic score distribution:
  1. Positive: 33 out of 34
  2. Negative: 0 out of 34
  1. Apr 12, 2019
    75
    Dirt Rally 2.0 is back to show us how difficult it is to drive rallies around the world.
  2. Apr 5, 2019
    90
    The king has met his match. Dirt Rally 2.0 is a worthy successor to the legendary Richard Burns Rally and every true rally fan should already be playing this gem. There are plenty of brilliant additions compared to the first installment and the driving model is... well, simply the best.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Mar 14, 2019
    90
    The return of designed, not generated, tracks is massively welcome, and the visual upgrade is superb. A masterclass in consequence-tempered driving, this is simply the best rally sim yet. [Issue#160, p.94]