Become an EDF Soldier and Save Earth. Become one of the soldiers of EDF and exterminate the invading aliens. Protect peace on Earth. Human-Looking Aliens Appear for the First Time in The Series
What are the unprecedented and intellectual alien beings from another planet called the 'Primer'?Become an EDF Soldier and Save Earth. Become one of the soldiers of EDF and exterminate the invading aliens. Protect peace on Earth. Human-Looking Aliens Appear for the First Time in The Series
What are the unprecedented and intellectual alien beings from another planet called the 'Primer'? A series-first enemy alien finally appears. The battle with this intelligent enemy produces unprecedented deep despair, while leading the player to the most fun yet as EDF must confront them with courage and wisdom.… Expand
Jan 18, 2019If you’re into this type of game, EDF 5 is the absolute pinnacle of the franchise thanks to its absurd humour, an excellent online multiplayer, an insane amount of content and the overall madness of never ending onscreen chaos. It is a niche game however and many people won’t understand what the fuss is about. Poor graphics, poor physics, the eternal grind for better gear and old school gameplay are an acquired taste in the case of EDF 5. Tread with caution.
Dec 10, 2018The highest compliment I can give is that this game is probably the closest I'll ever get to that Starship Troopers shooter I've always wanted to play but will probably never realize. If I squint my eyes just a little bit I can make believe I've left the EDF and joined the Mobile Infantry. Welcome to the Roughnecks. Would you like to know more?
Jan 20, 2019***AMAZING***
BUY/RENT THIS FUN FUN FUN GAME...
This game has several amazing aspects that put it soo high on being EPIC.. ~1~ the weapon***AMAZING***
BUY/RENT THIS FUN FUN FUN GAME...
This game has several amazing aspects that put it soo high on being EPIC..
~1~ the weapon grind..It gives EVERY level purpose besides furthering the story etcetc…
~2~ different classes all play different & each alone is a full game..
~3~combat feels so satisfying. the way the bugs/enemies absorb bullets feels great.
~4~ weapon vaiety~ talk about weapon diversity.if weapons we're people then this game would be a SJW wet dream.....
From Snipers which are uber powerful + range but penalty is slow rate of Fire/reload.
from brainless rocket launchers to smart missles which holm in,,,to sshotguns to weird things like 100 marbles which become uber powerful close range like a super shotgun except you throw em like a grenade,,,to acid guns,,to mines of every kind...
**so far ive only played Ranger & WIng Diver & the WD has a total different weapons system..
Ive yet to encounter a same weaon as Ranger....
Final Point= this games graphics are Xbox 360 but w/ a HD ocat of pain..
The enemies look awesome but the layouts look cardboard..
And every building is destructible is fun..
I kick myself for ignoring this series all last generation..i always thought it was some lame Japanese corny game....don't sleep on this game...You will get instantly addicted..
~~talk about rpelay value...You get higher quality weapons on higher difficulty,,,and this scales on the higher the mission..
So you play on hardest (inferno) on mission 17 only offers high grade wepans up till a certain tier,,,then say Inferno on mission level 87 will offer waaay higher tier weapons...
*and the wepaons improve...something that wasn't there in EDF4.1...……..… Expand
Dec 14, 2018This rating is based against other EDF titles and against games like Fallout 76, Red Dead Online, and Battlefield V.
In a year where manyThis rating is based against other EDF titles and against games like Fallout 76, Red Dead Online, and Battlefield V.
In a year where many major game companies seem to only care about $$$ more than quality, it's refreshing to get EDF 5 a game which actually improves on the EDF formula without adding ridiculous game mechanics, annoying insane grinds, or pandering to the game ruining streamers.
Based on all of that, EDF is a solid 10. It's insanely fun to play, especially with friends, it uses the PS4 to great effect, and it stays true to it's formula. Thank you EDF for restoring my faith in gaming!
EDF, EDF, E, D, F!!!… Expand
Dec 14, 2018The best coop game in 2018!
So much fun, and some changes do this game much much better than ever:
- if you complete level in hardestThe best coop game in 2018!
So much fun, and some changes do this game much much better than ever:
- if you complete level in hardest dificulty before easy - easy dificult automaticly count.
- if you die - 50% of all collectibles are count!
- even if you play only one of four classes - armor and weapons count to all classes anyway!
- better design
- skin destructable and so many particles are falling
And it stil old EDF game formula - just better in all things!
Thank You Sandlot and D3 Publisher for this brillian game)
-1 because Japan play this brilliant one year ago.. It's really terrible.… Expand
Dec 18, 2018This game is pure video games, for lack of a better word. It's the most hectic and enjoyable gaming experience a person can have, especiallyThis game is pure video games, for lack of a better word. It's the most hectic and enjoyable gaming experience a person can have, especially with friends. It never takes itself seriously and only endeavors to do one thing: throw literal hundreds of silly sci-fi monsters at you to blow up with an increasingly varied and ridiculous arsenal of weapons. It does this one thing quite well. The four classes are all distinct from one another and from what I've seen everybody has a different take on which is best. While not every type of weapon is a winner, most feel really great to fire. Additionally, many of the missions are situational meaning that you actually need to take the right weapons for the job at hand, which is more strategy than you'd expect from a game like this. And all the while you get to listen to the most gloriously cheesy dialogue from your fellow soldiers and radio broadcasts.
The game isn't flawless though. The graphics aren't great, but that's a necessity due the sheer amount of chaos on screen at once, as well as all the models having collision detection from miles away. The game can get pretty repetitive too, especially if you're playing alone. The vehicles all control like poo. The menus are basic and ugly, especially the online lobby system. Sometimes the levels feel too spread out and it takes a long time to get to the next important spot. The performance is spotty with frame drops galore when the **** hits the fan. And you will definitely see some glitches like enemies stuck inside buildings and running in circles. But none of that is enough to distract from what a complete blast this is to play.… Expand
Feb 23, 2019This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I’m a big fan of the EDF series but feel that in many ways 5 is a backwards step from the excellent 4.1. The game’s faults include the following:
• Clunky non-intuitive menus with grammatical errors.
• A camera which automatically diverts to cut scenes and leaves you staring at the ground when it returns – disastrous in combat.
• Ugly and unrealistic projectile damage (decals) which is basically the same for every environmental surface.
• White deposits and other distracting textures on damaged insects that just look ugly and messy.
• A permanent circle around your character and an occasional line of arrows leading to unseen comrades looks cheap and breaks the immersion.
• Some of the NPC dialogue makes you feel less heroic as a character because for the first twelve missions (as a security guard) you are referred to as a “civilian” and for the next twenty-eight (after you join the EDF) as a “newbie”.
• NPC dialogue related to the Security Guard character of the first twelve missions doesn’t change even when you play those missions as a different class.
• You can’t shoot down alien spaceships from the beginning of the game – only from Mission 7 – which is totally incongruous.
• Instead of emerging from visible nests as in previous games, insects now just rise out of the ground.
• You can now earn rewards for FAILING a mission. Personally, I don’t like the concept of getting something for nothing which reduces the sense of reward when you earn it legitimately.
• You can also earn weapons for classes not being played. This is an unwelcome crossover which again reduces the sense of achievement.
• Having some missions finish before all enemies are killed robs further player satisfaction. The developers are breaking their own rules in these instances.
• Additional frustration is generated by the inclusion of missions where you a fighting the Godzilla monster known as Archales but it is impervious to your attacks. After wasting considerable time on it, you are then told by the narrator to retreat or let it go, and the mission ends.
• The giant frog and Primer entities are a poor substitute for the impressive robot enemies of previous games. Because the new foes are portrayed as organic creatures, you would expect them to move and die fluidly. Instead, they are stiff as a board with unblinking eyes. Also, their spurting blood looks amateurish.
• At times the frame rate is appalling. This is a game for a high-end PC – not a console.
• Following the popular trend, occasional swearing has been incorporated into the dialogue. Was it really necessary to sully an otherwise family-suitable game?
Many of these weaknesses seem to be the result of lazy programming. It feels like a different team worked on this latest iteration of the series and didn’t take as much pride in their work. The only improvements are the weather effects (rain, snow, sandstorms) and the colourful enemy blood splats. Otherwise, EDF 5 simply lacks the finesse of its predecessor. Still a great game – but could have been better.… Expand
Dec 19, 2018I really love the series, and it is still a lots of fun fighting aliens and giant insects.
The RPG elements are more present than ever,I really love the series, and it is still a lots of fun fighting aliens and giant insects.
The RPG elements are more present than ever, weapons can now level up, you can still choose between 4 classes and replay the missions at higher difficulties to loot new weapons and upgrade your armor. Some things have been improved, like the loadings between missions which are very short now, or enemies that are leaving huge blood splatters and now have visual damage effects and dismemberment. Graphics are close to EDF 4.1, so it stills looking dated, but that's not a problem with this kind of game IMO. There are plenty of missions and the game seems to be very, very long. There is an on-line mode (you will have to redo missions from scratch as its separated from solo mode, but you will keep the upgrades and weapons you already have from solo or the ones you will earn on-line and vice versa) and you can also do split-screen 2 players coop.
It is easily one of the best entry in the series, HOWEVER, i am very disappointed with the technical part. The screen tearing is very annoying (no V-Sync) on any outside mission, and the frame-rate is not flawless. For an episode exclusive to the PS4, this aspect is kind of a let down, be warned. I'm not even hoping for an update here, since the game is available in Japan since a few months, i doubt it will ever be improved with a patch in a near future.
In short, if you enjoyed previous games, and if the technical issues mentioned are not a problem for you, you can pick this one without hesitation.… Expand