8.0

1. Feb 23, 2019
    Kingdom Hearts 3 is a great game. The story might be confusing, but it is also one of the series' greatest strengths. Just because it's confusing, doesn't mean people can't follow it and while people often complaint about how the story is so convoluted, it's not really convoluted, it's just a lot to remember. With some effort the story is actually pretty straightforward. In KH3, most plotKingdom Hearts 3 is a great game. The story might be confusing, but it is also one of the series' greatest strengths. Just because it's confusing, doesn't mean people can't follow it and while people often complaint about how the story is so convoluted, it's not really convoluted, it's just a lot to remember. With some effort the story is actually pretty straightforward. In KH3, most plot points from previous games are resolved in satisfactory way. The game also remember to give fans the room to theorize since KH3 is not only the end but also the beginning of the future KH story.
    Graphic and music wise, KH3 is just spectacular. You can see that developers put a lot of effort in replicating the disney film's uniqueness into the game and it also shows that they put so many details into the world's design. The music is awesome as always. It is effective in evoking your emotions in many cutscenes. The battle ost has never been this epic.
    Overall, KH3 is a great game for fans and for people who are open to changes, because the game made some changes that might disappoint some fans while make other fans happy.
  2. Feb 22, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. KH3 is a nice game overall and it is worth buying even for new players that have not play any other KH games in the series. (But new players might want to go through some plots/summaries on youtube before diving in). But I must say I am a bit disappointed after completing the game. By completing, I mean getting all trophies. I am still craving for more contents. At the end, I still think it is a step down from KH2.

Pros:
    - nice graphics ( Imo, this isn't necessary for a great game but surely add points )
    - great OST
    - easy and fluid combat for everyone at different age to enjoy the story
    - story progression ( Xehanort line done, I guess )
    - lots of mini games, ( diversity of gameplay?, good for a change of pace/mood )
    - space exploration for gummy ship , creative gummy ship editing
    - less grinding than before, easy money, easy xp, easy ultima weapon. (hardest part was to grind ingredients for synthesizing all stuff)
    - got to be the captain of the Black Pearl and sail in open sea

Cons:
    - less worlds in total, worlds are small as in areas
    - easy combat even in proud mode
    - mini games are not that interesting, if not for getting Ultima weapon, I wouldn't bother to play a second time
    - Sora is like a bystander in most of the worlds, without much interactions with local characters and without involving in the original stories
    - no FF characters
    - unsatisfying last boss fight. not cool, not grand, not exciting, feels like a drag-on cut scene. Xehanort doen't look like a last boss, his attacks/skills doesn't match his power, pretty easy to dodge/guard. Got a feeling of "that's it?" after beating him. Actually waiting for his "3rd" form/fight at the first time but all I got was an ending. Can't compare to the epic boss fight in KH2. The laser blocking was tense as hell.
    - rubbish "secret" boss. It is not secret at all. It is not even strong. All 3 phases are basically the same animations and skills. Finish the fight even quicker than Xehanort. Give me back my Sephiroth in KH2.
    - Hearts-ception. hearts , hearts every where. hearts within hearts within hearts.

Let me elaborate more on my points.

Combat:
    I feel like it is concentrated on visual effects and fast pace rather than on the feeling of "hitting something" or "hitting hard". Sure, the attack animations are fluid, fast, flashy, colourful, massive aoe when doing pole dance. Most of the time, Sora's motion is unaffected/unhindered by how heavy the monsters are. It feels like going into a group of monsters hitting nothing but air. Not to mention the knock backs on both enemies and Sora are still fake af with them kind of floating backwards at a slow speed.
    The situational commands (ie triangle) are alright i guess. The form change? Nice to be powered up and have a different combo and finisher. The grand magics? I love them. They are kinda cool. The "rides"? If the cut scenes can be skipped, that would be nice. They are nice to look for a few times but they got annoying real quick. And you sometimes take damage from monsters in the rides. So I either don't use them at all, or quickly trigger the finisher right after I started them.
    The combat is just so easy (no lv lock of course)that you can keep pressing X through the whole game without problem. I am not asking for some dark souls level combat with stamina bar and recovery time management. But there is almost no technique involve in fights. I don't know, maybe some monsters can only be damage by counter attack? or magic? maybe can only be killed if Sora bait out some move? I know there are big fat guys with shield belly which can only be X at the back but that's about it. I can X X X X through everything else. Overall feels like a over simplify Disney version of devil may cry.

Maps:
    There are like 9 worlds? too little man, just too little. Most of the worlds are too small in size as well. The representative must be winnie the pooh world. Basically 3 mini games in a room. Winnie the pooh story is also coming out of nowhere and also finish very suddenly. The big hero 6 world is like a garage base and a big empty city. You have nothing to do on streets during main story. There is nothing to really interact, NPCs are doing NPCs stuff without giving a single fk about you. If I am not going treasure hunting, I will not have the chance to appreciate the work they have put into the city buildings. The twilight town is small. I love Jack Sparrow's world tho. And if you have watched them Disney films before, correct me if I am wrong, Sora have no effects on the stories whatsoever.

Story:
    Mostly "I have friends, our hearts are connected together. You lonely loser, fk you." The conspiracy from Xehanort, which should kind of linking up all KH series so far, turns out to be a really simple one. "The world is tainted, I want a reset." - Xehanort. What an unexciting explanation.
  3. Feb 23, 2019
    KH3 es en muchos aspectos el mejor juego de la saga, sobretodo en lo que se refiere a gameplay y jugabilidad, la cual es divertidisima y adictiva.
    Pese a que la historia es enreversada y compleja, cierra de una forma muy satisfactoria.
    Cosas negativas: Quizás más contenido endgame o algun boss secreto más, algo que posiblemente llegue con el DLC o versión Final Mix. En cuanto a la
    En cuanto a la dificultad, es más facilillo que los anteriores, incluso en Experto, exceptuando varios enemigos, jefes o situaciones. Por lo que el modo Maestro sería en mi opinión la máxima prioridad.
    Igualmente no se menciona que existe la opción de no subir de nivel (Zero Experiencia), y es injusto pasarla por alto.
  4. Feb 25, 2019
    In terms of audio and aesthetics, this installment blows all of its predecessors out of the water. The visuals are straight out of a fully rendered Pixar movie, and as always, Square never fails to deliver when it comes to KH music.

The story on the other hand, was poorly paced unfortunately. The high bar that was set as a result of all of the games in between KH2 and KH3 left the audience expecting a fantastic finale to the Xehanort arc, but the meaty portions of the story weren't covered until the final 6-8 hours of the game. There were a plethora of characters that we expected closure for by the end of the game, but all of their plots were tackled back to back which made the delivery feel slightly rushed. All of the stories in the Disney worlds felt like an abbreviated retelling of their standalone films, with Sora and friends watching from the sidelines when it should've been the other way around. The closure was there, but the delivery could've been done better simply by having the story progress slowly throughout the game rather than having it all back loaded.

The combat is very satisfying and flashy, however Sora now has access to so many overwhelmingly strong options that it feels like the enemies don't stand a chance. There are periods where so many Situation Commands are present, and each one is so gamebreaking that the enemies don't survive long enough for you to go down the list. Because of this, it never felt like there was a 'wrong' decision when it came to choosing which command and in which order.

Overall, the game is still very good. If it weren't for the pacing of the story and easy difficult it could easily be an instant classic.
  5. Mar 2, 2019
    Whilst some are claiming this is a masterpiece, I wouldn't go as far as saying that...but its certainly quite good whilst having a few minor issues and bugs, mostly related to targeting and a few bosses either being too annoying or too easy. One of the absolute main issues is that fact this suffers from its franchise heritage so any new players will be completely lost storywise, it hasWhilst some are claiming this is a masterpiece, I wouldn't go as far as saying that...but its certainly quite good whilst having a few minor issues and bugs, mostly related to targeting and a few bosses either being too annoying or too easy. One of the absolute main issues is that fact this suffers from its franchise heritage so any new players will be completely lost storywise, it has useful flashbacks and explains partly some of the events that lead up to KH3 but really does require you to have played some of the previous games to really appreciate this game.

I liked the overall improvements to the gummi ship section, giving the player full freedom of movement and to explore finding power-ups, fighting bosses and waves of enemies is a fun distraction, the downside is that it can get a bit tedious after a while especially when your short of money and this is pretty much the only way to farm.

The voice acting is essentially, although Donalds voice occasionally sounds way off especially when talking about resources nearby, sounds like the poor VA has strep-throat or something =P

Overall, its a pretty great game, well above average but a few minor issues hold it back.
  6. Feb 11, 2019
    tldr: For KH fans, I fully recommend this game - it's only a 9/10 b/c of some small things
    For non-KH fans, play the other games first, then come back to this one :) Or, of course, just skip it entirely.

After finishing the main story, and briefly beginning the post-game content, I can safely say that this game has met, but not exceeded, my expectations of what Kingdom Hearts 3 was going to be.

That being said, Kingdom Hearts 3 is a fantastic game, that also has its flaws.

With regards to story, it has some problems; for example, the game doesn't weave the KH storyline with the Disney world storyline together throughout the game as smoothly as KH2 did, opting to more cleanly dedicate the first 60-70% of the game to Disney stories and VERY little to KH story. But in the end, I was ultimately satisfied with the way they ended the Xehanort arc, and if you're a Kingdom Hearts fan, I'm confident you will be too! There are some SERIOUS epic fan-service moments in this game where I got up on my feet and cheered.

Gameplay-wise, bad news first, this game has some issues in two regards: (1) the game is somewhat on the easy side, even by Kingdom Hearts standards, and (2) the overall amount of side-quests and things to do outside the main story seem a bit lacking compared specifically to Kingdom Hearts 2.

(1): I've never thought of the KH games as being the most challenging games, and generally thought of them all as being easy (even on Proud or Critical mode), with the exception of some of the International/Final Mix post-game content/bosses, and of course, if you choose to do a Lvl 1 run. But Kingdom Hearts 3 takes the easy gameplay, and ramps it up even more. They crammed almost all the "Triangle"-mechanics from other KH games, or something similar, into this one as well, like shotlock, keyblade/form-changes , attractions, link summons, and your standard companion combo moves. Having all these moves at your disposal makes a lot of fights trivially easy; you simply have too much in your arsenal for any enemy, even bosses, to pose much of a threat. Like I said, I've never gone into a KH game expecting a Dark Souls experience or anything like that (nor do I WANT it to be that), but I definitely would have wanted a LITTLE more challenge in the standard-play combat. I did my initial run on Proud mode too, so between that and a pure Lvl 1 run, it would have been nice to see the a difficulty level somewhere in the middle.

(2): The dedication to side-quests and optional battles seems to be have been toned down in this game. The notion of completing the side-quests in KH3 doesn't feel nearly as compelling as completing the Jiminy Journal in KH2 felt. So I wish there was more as far as side-quest content. But given that this isn't the International/Final Mix version, maybe that will be rectified later with such a release, or maybe DLC (which, to be clear, wouldn't be that bad - this game is fully worth the $60 price tag as it is, in my opinion, so it's NOT a "developer skimping on content with the intention of gutting us for DLC" situation).

Now for the good stuff!

As easy as the combat has become because of things highlighted above, it's still FUN. AS. HECK. Swinging the keyblade, transforming it into all manners of other kinds of weapons, casting extra-flashy, next-gen graphics spells, and just the overall graphical design overhaul the game has gotten makes every fight a truly beautiful spectacle to behold. The Keyblade you ultimately decide to use also dictates your fighting style to an extent, and there are a few different weapons variations to try out. You feel like an absolute boss when you destroy every mob of bad guys, and while not very challenging, fighting is still extremely satisfying.

The addition of Pixar/3D Disney worlds was definitely welcome indeed! Seeing Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and Tangled characters as part of the Kingdom Hearts cast was something I'd wanted for a long time, and they pulled it off flawlessly. The worlds themselves have also received much of a graphical overhaul, and now feature much larger, richer areas to explore (honestly, sometimes too large - hunting down treasure chests has ironically become SO much more difficult now because of how detailed the worlds have become!). And the addition of some scattered, fully-voiced, NPCs throughout the non-Heartless-infested areas of some of the worlds makes them feel that much more alive.

As for the story, if you're a KH fan, you will LOVE, at the very least, the last 30-40% of the game - as implied earlier, in true KH fashion they save most of the juicy stuff for the last few chapters of the game, but it is so well worth it, I didn't even care. Epic moments, team-ups, battles, and conclusions to so many character arcs, the final moments of this game will truly be a joy to play through if you've followed the story so far
  7. Feb 23, 2019
    A very enjoyable game. Can't wait to play for more content through the potential dlc. A must play for KH fan and a must try for newcomers
  8. Mar 2, 2019
    Kingdom Hearts 3 is a well-made game with a lot of gimmicks that makes it enjoyable to play . It has some issues mainly with the combat and lack of exposition story-wise. But overall the weakness doesn't really ruin the experience and I can surely say while it's not a masterpiece, KH3 is a great game that satisfy my expectations.
  9. Feb 9, 2019
    I've been waiting for this game my entire life, so let's just jump right in. This game is very, very fun. The attractions, the form changes, and the little details.

Worlds have actual citizens in them now that you can talk to, and you can have two more party members besides Donald and Goofy. This game also wraps up the hanging plot threads for quite a few characters, and is very satisfying to watch as a longtime fan. There are many plot twists that you will never see coming and make the game more intriguing as a result.

The major gripes I have mainly have to do with the plots of 3 worlds being messed with a bit too much for my liking, and another worlds inclusion in the game being questionable at best. There are also little things like why the Lingering Will just disappears after fighting Terra-Xehanort and reappears as the Guardian? it's kind of weird. Other then that i don't have much to complain about.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a satisfying conclusion to the original series. It's a game that has been a long time coming, and maybe it won't reach everyone's expectations. It has big shoes to fill after all.

But it was good enough for me, and that's all I care about.
  10. Feb 14, 2019
    El mejor juego de la saga con diferencia.
    Los mundos son espectaculares y se asemejan mucho a las películas,sobre todo a la hora de contarlas,algo que parece que les cuesta con su propia historia.
    El mejor juego de la saga con diferencia.
    La dificultad es adaptable para todos los públicos,dice que es demasiado fácil incluso en difícil pero yo me lo he pasado en Normal y no es tampoco un paseo como dicen,hay jefes que te cuestan mas que otros.
    La falta de personajes de Final Fantasy es un punto menos pero tampoco se les echa de menos del todo.
    Es un gran juego hecho para los fans mas fieles,me ha dejado con ganas de mas.
  11. Feb 17, 2019
    A very polarizing KH game which improves on a lot of aspect of previous entries while fell short on mainly story and combat (difficulty-wise) aspects. But overall, positives outweighs the negatives. The game still has its charms and still a very KH-ish game at its core
  12. Feb 1, 2019
    It lives up to the hype for longtime fans, but will leave newcomers scratching their head. Unfortunately the only decent way to catch up on the series' complicated and confusing story is to search for a recap on youtube. The recap videos you can watch from the main menu do a terrible job at explaining the plot so far.
  13. Apr 4, 2019
    Allow me to preface this by saying I've played this game on an old ass CRT TV with a standard PS4 (so no PS4 PRO enhancements). With that out of the way, on to the review!

Wow, has it ever been a long time coming for the mainline entry of the series to finally grace the fans with its presence. True, we've all had a fair few supplementary games in between (some good, some not as good), but seldom did they scratch that Kingdom Hearts itch that's been present since the end of the official second entry, when players all around the world reached the ending cinematic, treated to a gorgeous CG cutscene with "Sanctuary" (Passion, if you're a Japanese player) by Utada playing as the ending/credits song. A long enough time that a fair bit has happened in-universe to the KH series and in the gaming industry. A long enough time that the game had swapped engines and console generations (even added a new console under the series banner) to accommodate for the time circumstances and climate (among other things).

And, so, how did it fair?

Gameplay: Maybe with a few exceptions here and there, the gameplay itself is probably the best the series has ever been. Elements from every major game in the series plays a definite part in the game. Combat and exploration is fast, fluid varied, and exciting with KH2's gold standard basic combat meshing together with some of the unique features that BBS and DDD brought to the table. Secret/collectable hunting is fun and expansive with the huge worlds, high level of detail, and the sheer verticality adding a layer of depth that previous games (even DDD) just didn't have. Side gameplay bits, such as the Classic Kingdom minigames, 100 Acre Wood puzzle challenges, and the sidequests that you can partake in for a few bonus rewards also add a bit of breathing room to help players take a break from their adventures through the Disney universe. The Gummi Ship makes a full-force return, now with perhaps the most robust and balanced out experience you could ever get out of the system, taking elements from KH1 and 2, while also taking some Ps and Qs from it's own main game and making it a bit more open and exploration focused. With all of that said, combat did seem a bit over powered (especially with the Attraction Flow attacks), which made even more glaring considering the highest difficulty setting available (Proud Mode) is perhaps the easiest it's been. The Worlds, while expansive and lengthy, still felt like there were a few worlds missing, with one of the fan favorites that managed to make a return (Twilight Town) being cut in half significantly (made more obvious by the seemingly abandoned storyline said world had). The minigames are a good distraction, but a tad on the monotonous side, and the side quests available are few and far between. Finally, while the Gummi System is the best it's ever been, it is a little slower and less exciting than what was done in KH2.

Story: Let me just get this out of the way. To newcomers, the majority of the plot is almost impenetrable, and can only be deciphered by said newcomers that either utilize a Wiki and pay as close attention as possible, or take it upon themselves to play through the majority of the previous games (if you have a PS4, getting the "Story Thus Far" collection would be a good idea...). It is NOT recommended that, if you ARE a newcomer, you make this game your first in the series. Why do I say this? It has MGS4 Syndrome. Kingdom Hearts is a long series with a complicated story, and this game was made to finish the "Seeker of Darkness Saga", going to great lengths to tie up loose ends on that front. It will have A LOT of exposition and reminders to fans. A fan of the series on the regular will be required to pay attention at a bare minimum just to understand (just like MGS4). With this said, as a fan, I thought the ending, barring a few questions, was satisfying to me, with the final encounter being excellently executed.

Visuals: Considering what kind of set up I've had while playing, the game still looked absolutely beautiful, and still ran at a near solid 60fps. It was smooth to play and smooth to watch. The fact that just about everything was voice acted was a big bonus, and the "flat cardboard" faces that showed up in previous games for certain cutscenes/moments are nowhere to be seen is even more impressive. To say this would look great on a PS4 PRO and a proper HD TV would then be the most understated understatments...

Final: Barring a few issues (the feeling of the lack of worlds, overpowered Attraction Attacks, extremely convoluted story that didn't answer EVERY question, and somewhat monotonous minigames) this is probably one of the better ways to end the saga. While I WISH there was more in the game, what I got was a extremely satisfying dance across the universe with Sora the Heartfelt Dunce, Goofy the Observant, and Donald the Uselessly Overpowered, with the return of a lovable side-cast and rogues gallery.
  14. Feb 23, 2019
    As a long time KH fan, the game did not disappoint. There is certainly a feeling that I've outgrown the game as I get older, but overall the game still has its charm. Certainly one of the best KH game I've ever played
  15. Feb 11, 2019
    While its missing some of the details that could make this game a masterpiece like its predeccesors, the core of the series is retained and its undeniable a fun experience.
  16. Feb 12, 2019
    This is my first meeting with the KH games, it was an impulse buy and I absolutely do not regret it. I should've started with the remakes, but oh well.. It was a nice addition that they added the memories section to catch up with the series. I really enjoy the gameplay, the story and it all isn't to hard to get into it. There are a lot of cut scenes, which I normally hate if there is justThis is my first meeting with the KH games, it was an impulse buy and I absolutely do not regret it. I should've started with the remakes, but oh well.. It was a nice addition that they added the memories section to catch up with the series. I really enjoy the gameplay, the story and it all isn't to hard to get into it. There are a lot of cut scenes, which I normally hate if there is just too much, but I find it ok, because you learn so much about the story and for that I give it a 9. Overall great game and so much detail. They delivered a very well end product! Expand
  17. Feb 15, 2019
    As a disney fan, I love seeing Disney world in this game. all the details they put into the world is just amazing. As a KH fan, I was a bit disappointed with the smaller area of the original worlds. But overall, KH is still a great game
  18. Feb 16, 2019
    Un juego a la altura de su saga, que cierra una saga pero comienza otra, artistica y jugablemente es un deleite para la vista, aunque con pequeños fallos de camara como en sus juegos anteriores, un sistema de combate bastante agil que en la mayoria de sus mundos ofrece mecanicas y minijuegos que resfrescan la franquicia.
    Si bien narrativamente no responde en su totalidad a lo esperado por
    Si bien narrativamente no responde en su totalidad a lo esperado por algunos, no quita esa chispa de epicidad y de sentimientos encontrados a medida que avanza en la historia.
    Finalmente su dificultad, a decir verdad no posee una curva de crecimiento tan elevada o que se vuelva irregular en ciertos puntos, por lo cual se invita a futuros jugadores intentar jugar este maravilloso juego en su dificultad mas alta. Un juego completamente recomendado, pese a fallos que a no respresentan un impedimiento o un punto en contra a gran escala.
  19. Feb 13, 2019
    I just recently got into the Kingdom Hearts series and what a journey it has been. I bought the all-in-one collection in 2018 and played through each game and watched all the movies, and I have to say that it was one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life. I fell in love with the characters (especially Axel/Lea), worlds and of course the gameplay. And the conclusion is finally hereI just recently got into the Kingdom Hearts series and what a journey it has been. I bought the all-in-one collection in 2018 and played through each game and watched all the movies, and I have to say that it was one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life. I fell in love with the characters (especially Axel/Lea), worlds and of course the gameplay. And the conclusion is finally here (for this arc anyway). For some the wait has been extremely long and I can't even imagine what the long time fans of the series are feeling right now.

Kingdom hearts 3 blew my mind away. First of all the graphics are mind blowing in some parts of the game. The Caribbean world for example looked absolutely beautiful. The character models were a bit iffy in some parts but overall it's a very gorgeous game.

The first half of the story felt a little out of place for me. The Disney worlds were for the most part great, but the overall Kingdom Hearts plot didn't progress almost at all during them. The stories in each of the worlds was basically just a collection of the biggest scenes in the movies and I would have enjoyed an original story in them instead. On the other hand the story in the other half of the game was everything I had hoped it would be. We got a satisfying end to the Xehanort storyline and I was left satisfied. And at the end of the game I was an emotional wreck. The second half of the game had so many emotional scenes in it that I was surprised I still had tears left in me at the end. The end did also setup the future of the series and I'm happy the franchise isn't going to end here.

The gameplay for me felt a bit too easy. In the past games I usually played on the easiest difficulty since I wasn't really looking for a challenge and just wanted to enjoy the story, but damn those games were still hard. I got stuck on the last bosses of those games for days (could be that I just suck though). The Disney rides in the game I didn't enjoy at all. They were just so uninteractive and op that I just chose not to use them once I had tried them a couple of times. Hopefully they add a critical mode in the future and tweak the gameplay somehow so that the hardcore fans can get a challenging experience.

Overall the game is well worth your time especially if you're a long time fan. This definitely isn't for those who have not played the past games and if you're only looking for a challenge in the combat and are not interested in the story, this isn't for you either. Even though I just recently got into the series I will forever cherish these games in my heart because they truly are something special.
  20. Feb 15, 2019
    I've been a KH fan since when it first released in ps2 and have played most of the games in the series. I just want to say the amount of effort they put into the game is just pretty amazing if you know how game development works. Every KH game always tried to shake its core a bit, so it is unavoidable that some will get disappointed, but tbh the complaints I have seen toward this game areI've been a KH fan since when it first released in ps2 and have played most of the games in the series. I just want to say the amount of effort they put into the game is just pretty amazing if you know how game development works. Every KH game always tried to shake its core a bit, so it is unavoidable that some will get disappointed, but tbh the complaints I have seen toward this game are just outrageous and unfair. Some fans sets very high rigid expectation of how they prefer KH3 to be and ended up disappointed, when arguably it's their own fault for setting unreasonable expectations. Personally, despite all its flaws I still enjoy the game very much. Despite felt a bit short and sometimes lacks explanation, the story still works and delivered a satisfying end to Xehanort Saga. The dialogue is better than ever, the interaction between the Trinity trio is just fun to watch. Graphics and ost are amazing. 8/10 0verall Expand
  21. Feb 11, 2019
    The end of the Dark Seeker Saga.
    Pros:
    -fun combat -amazing ost -smart writing -aesthetically beautiful -amazing gummi ship exploration -keyblade transformations are awesome -equip 3 keyblades at once Cons: -too easy even on proud mode, turning off experience is a cop out in my opinion -i don't like attraction flow attacks -still some questions left unanswered -combo
    The end of the Dark Seeker Saga.
    Pros:
    -fun combat
    -amazing ost
    -smart writing
    -aesthetically beautiful
    -amazing gummi ship exploration
    -keyblade transformations are awesome
    -equip 3 keyblades at once

Cons:
    -too easy even on proud mode, turning off experience is a cop out in my opinion
    -i don't like attraction flow attacks
    -still some questions left unanswered
    -combo customization is quite limited
    -this might be a good spot to find some ingredients

Overall I really enjoyed the game and although the ending leaves you asking more questions, i think that is how games are meant to be if a sequel is coming. If you like Kingdom Hearts then buy the game, if you aren't a fan of the direction it is going in then end it here.

I think the game stands on it's own 2 feet pretty well despite the difficulty being very easy. I am hoping that critical mode gets introduced and it is reminiscent of KH2's Critical mode where I can start off with a bunch of lucky strike abilities.

The world's are huge and deserve to be explored thoroughly or, at least what you would perceive to be thoroughly only to find you are missing a chest or a secret emblem.

Phil would drive us nuts in KH2. Prepare for Donald to absolutely top that.

I do think a few things could be improved upon as with any game but this game is a very solid entry and I really liked it. Oh it also has a very achievable Platinum trophy. 1 play through only.
  22. Feb 9, 2019
    There is just something about these games that gives you a feeling like none other. While, I do have minor complaints that I hope get fixed such as difficulty, lack of extra bosses, lack of extra key blades, lack of olympus coliseum, and lack of proper useful implementation of so many features. This game needs a DLC to put it at the master quality of KH 1 and KH2 but its very close to thatThere is just something about these games that gives you a feeling like none other. While, I do have minor complaints that I hope get fixed such as difficulty, lack of extra bosses, lack of extra key blades, lack of olympus coliseum, and lack of proper useful implementation of so many features. This game needs a DLC to put it at the master quality of KH 1 and KH2 but its very close to that high mark. There has never been a game that attempts to balance and cater to so many different audiences. Expand
  23. Jan 29, 2019
    Without going into much detail. This is a great next step in the franchise, a few missed opportunities. All in all it’s a game worth your money but not necessarily worth the wait.
  24. Feb 4, 2019
    A great game with a lot of hearts and time put into it, basically a love letter for the series' long time fans. Its main strength just like other KH games is its cast of characters and the ability of the characters and story to invoke a broad range of emotions which is a rarity for games in general.

The story offered a satisfying conclusion to a saga while also setting for the stone for the next saga. It's not in any way a perfect story nor it need to be perfect. But when it hits, it hits all the right notes. Although many things still left unexplained and some parts of the story lacks coherence, I do not think of it as a major weakness. For the series it's just how the story is supposed it hook its target audiences, to keep the interest alive. The only thing I found problematic is how most of the plot is contained within the last quarter of the game rather than spread more equally throughout the game. But I kinda get it why they have to do that considering the fast-pacing of the endgame's story development (8.5/10)

As for the characters, the main characters, especially Sora and the gang once again what makes the game so fun to play and watch. In KH3, it just gets better. The dialogue is better than ever, the comedy is spot on, each story cutscenes are a feast to watch and the voice acting is as good as the previous numbered instalments. Watching Sora and the gang are as fun as ever and watching their interaction often puts a smile on my face. The thing they can do better? Some characters were not given enough spotlight resulting in missed opportunities relating to emotional payoff of some characters and some ended up much to be desired in terms of character development. On a side note, although I understand the disappointment on the lack of FF character, I do not think they are much relevant to the story in KH3, therefore I am okay with the omission (8.5/10)

Aside from likeable characters and interesting story, the game also has awesome graphics and smooth animation. Each world has been made to resemble the original source/movies as close as possible and the level of details put into the world design is just unbelievable. I have no major complaint graphic-wise (9.5/10)

Music wise, KH3 is incredible. Although many of the ost are brought from the previous titles, most of them have been recomposed, enable them to invoke nostalgic feelings while offering a fresh take to some of the most beloved ost of the series. The new ost are equally awesome and some are very memorable. (9.5/10)

The gameplay is very fun. They added so many new features such as keyblades transformation, so many minigames, attractions, new ability, etc into the game that add so much variations and options of what you can do. The map is bigger than ever and the gummi ship features has been improved into something more enjoyable. But with all the things they add to the gameplay, Square Enix seems to forget to balance it with the difficulty. With all the arsenals players have in their hands, the game felt easier than it used to be. The enemies' difficulty felt nerved compared to previous games. They are not as challenging as they used to be. The map felt a bit empty likely because the increase of the size of the map is not balanced by adding more enemies and content into some particular maps. I really hope they can fix this with future update. Overall the gameplay is still good, but with some tweakings and possibly a final mix treatment, the gameplay could be a lot better (7.5/10)

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a great game. If you're a fan of the series who has been following the development of the series through many titles (not just KH1 and KH2) and has been waiting for so long, this game will likely offer almost everything you'd hoped for the game and you will have much fun playing it. Although it does have some cons, those cons likely will not ruin the experience you get from it. Is it a game worth buying? yes, especially for fans. Is it a game worth waiting for? Yes definitely. Overall 8.5/10. Extra points for the great effort put into every details of the game 9/10
  25. Jan 29, 2019
    Early impressions have been very good, although for a game released in 2019 I had noticed some issues I thought were worth mentioning. I've noticed that the english voices have been done kind of lazily and I understand that a lot of work is involved in doing it perfectly, but this game has been in development for a LONG time and I guess I was just expecting 2019 level of voice matching andEarly impressions have been very good, although for a game released in 2019 I had noticed some issues I thought were worth mentioning. I've noticed that the english voices have been done kind of lazily and I understand that a lot of work is involved in doing it perfectly, but this game has been in development for a LONG time and I guess I was just expecting 2019 level of voice matching and seamless conversations. Other issue I had was with movement still getting bugged out on uneven surfaces in the Environment.

There are too small issues I have had but the game has been exceptional besides those and is continuing to exceed my expectations in terms of character/story depth, graphics and combat.
  26. Feb 11, 2019
    Positives:
    - Awesome graphic resembles the movies
    - Great ost - The usual fun dumb dialogues and interactions - Detailed world - Keyblade transformations - Conclusive end to xehanort saga - Setting interesting beginning for upcoming games - Variative combat - Really fun to play - Lots of minigames Cons: - Enemy UI and difficulty felt unbalanced (weaker than it should be).
    Positives:
    - Awesome graphic resembles the movies
    - Great ost
    - The usual fun dumb dialogues and interactions
    - Detailed world
    - Keyblade transformations
    - Conclusive end to xehanort saga
    - Setting interesting beginning for upcoming games
    - Variative combat
    - Really fun to play
    - Lots of minigames

Cons:
    - Enemy UI and difficulty felt unbalanced (weaker than it should be). Added arsenals to player's combat (eg: attractions) is not balanced with increase in enemy's damage scaling
    - Some emotional payoffs were lackluster
    - Lack of postgame content
    - Original areas were lacking in term of size

Overall, still a great game with a different priority compared to previous KH games
  27. Feb 14, 2019
    As a KH fan, the game didn't disappoint. I'm amazed at the level of details given into every world. The combat is lacking, but still very fun. A great experience overall
  28. Feb 16, 2019
    14 años. Es el tiempo que tendría que decirle a mi yo pequeño que iba a tener que esperar para jugar el desenlace de Sora, Donald y Goofy.

Kingdom Hearts III me llenó de hype cuando fue anunciado pero de eso hace también demasiado tiempo, así que he cogido el juego con no muchas ganas, sinceramente. Ya se habían desvelado todos los mundos por parte de Nomura y el factor sorpresa no estaba presente. Sin duda, el juego tiene algunos de los mejores mundos de toda la saga, como El Olimpo (Hércules), la Caja de Juguetes (Toy Story), Corona (Enredados) y sin duda alguna El Caribe (Piratas del Caribe): posiblemente el mejor mundo de cualquier entrega de la saga. Tan vasto, detallado, mimado y trabajado que podría ser un juego en sí mismo.

Por otro lado, encontramos unos cuantos mundos bastante desaprovechados. Aquí mencionaría en primer lugar Villa Crepúsculo, que si bien está muy trabajado, cuidado, y me ha transmitido las mismas sensaciones que en Kingdom Hearts II, me he quedado con unas ganas tremendas de ver la ciudad entera y no solo una parte de ella. Una verdadera lástima. En segundo lugar, Monstruópolis (Monstruos S.A.). Tienes la faceta de que en la película las puertas conectan a las habitaciones de niños en otros lugares, pero no la aprovechas y me enseñas una fábrica vacía, que ni siquiera tiene relevancia en la trama o en la película y que se hace extremadamente repetitiva. Por último, el mundo de San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6). Sin duda el peor del título con diferencia. Puedes basarte en la película original y dejar al jugador visitar lugares emblemáticos de la misma como la misma universidad de los chicos, pero en vez de ello, haces que la única zona jugable sea el garaje de Hiro y una ciudad completamente vacía, muerta y apagada con cuatro NPCs durante el día y 0 durante la noche. La trama podría haber sido mucho mejor llevada de lo visto y sin duda podrían haberse esforzado muchísimo más en transmitir la atmósfera de la película. Una total decepción.

A nivel de gameplay supera con creces al resto de títulos de la saga, teniendo una inmensa variedad de combos, magias, armas, atracciones, hechizos e invocaciones. Si bien es cierto que se me hace un poco sucio que haya armas que compartan transformaciones entre si camufladas bajo otra skin y diferentes partículas, pero siendo los combos y ataques exactamente iguales.

Visualmente es espectacular en todos sus posibles apartados técnicos, y la verdad es que en una PlayStation 4 Slim se mueve muy bien aunque con bajadas de frame-rate evidentes. Los efectos de partículas y animaciones de combate son de elogio aunque sus cinemáticas dejan algo que desear: se sienten muy estáticas, artificiales y hechas un poco deprisa y corriendo, aunque habiendo tantísimo metraje de este tipo de escenas puede llegar a ser comprensible, pero no para un título que lleva tantísimo tiempo en desarrollo.

En cuanto a la historia, cierra perfectamente el arco de Xehanort y apunta la dirección de los próximos títulos de la saga, que la verdad, ha debido de sorprender a muchos de los jugadores, entre los que me incluyo. Todos los personajes que llevábamos viendo tanto tiempo tienen su propio final y su propósito, así que ningún fan de ningún personaje debería quedar decepcionado.

En cuanto a contenido secundario cuenta con coleccionables como los clásicos cofres y emblemas de la suerte, se ha añadido una nueva herramienta en el menú más fresca y reciente relacionada con el Diario de Pepito y cuenta con recetas de comida que nos darán bonuses para el combate y cierto contenido post-game (muy limitado). Recalcar también que la dificultad es absurdamente fácil (completado en Experto), las nuevas herramientas de combate están muy desbalanceadas y puedes tumbar a los enemigos sin despeinarte.

En resumen, Kingdom Hearts III ha valido la pena, especialmente a nivel de historia y jugabilidad. Escuece ver cosas tan desaprovechadas como las citadas previamente en alguno de sus mundos y es una delicia visual. Está lejos de ser perfecto, pero es que quizás las expectativas estaban demasiado altas.

Recomendado, pero sólo si se conoce perfectamente la historia hasta este punto, si no literalmente el jugador no se va a enterar absolutamente de nada. En caso negativo, el juego cuenta con unos breves resumenes de los eventos hasta este punto.
  29. Feb 4, 2019
    Fans of the franchise have been waiting almost two decades for Kingdom Hearts 3, so now that it's finally here, how well does it stand up against it's memory with an aging fan base?

For all intents and purposes it's a Kingdom Hearts game through and through. It still has the same spirit and soul that the previous entires in the game have. The combat mechanics have been refined fairly well, without straying too far from the path. The game looks about as good as it ever did.

With that being said, there are some flaws in this diamond.

To begin with, there is a technical aspect to the game that can sometimes be borderline disappointing. When the Xbox One and Playstation 4 Pro made their debuts, both companies made a point to hammer in the fact that all games would work across all consoles, games wouldn't suffer on the older hardware, but instead, users could expect a better, more premium experience with the newer, updated models of hardware.

Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case with Kingdom Hearts 3. Playing on the original PS4 or the Slimline models, players are going to be faced with slightly muddier colors, jagged textures and a frames issue that can bounce anywhere from 60FPS, to 30FPS and in some cases, down into the low twenties. It's 2019, this game has been in development for 15 years, this kind of technical performance and occasional slow down isn't accetable anymore and I am surprised Square thought htis would be okay.

While the graphics look great on the Playstation 4, many of the character models have a tendency to lack emotions in their faces. A lot of the times, they look like pieces of clay that are talking. This tends to lead to a lot of weird, uncanny valley moments where the dialog being spoken isn't being properly displayed on faces.

The dialog and writing is another aspect really aren't up to standard. A lot of the English voice acting sounds off, not a lot, but enough for people to question what's going on. How characters talk and the inflection of their voices aren't always great and a lot of the dialog can come off as overly cheesy.

One of the most early surprises in the game for many people familiar with the franchise is a complete lack of dialog from Phil. A character that is usually overly chatty and sarcastic is completely silent in the game, giving them an almost errie feeling. This was a terrible decision from Square and it's one of the most obvious glairing flaws early on in the game.

Finally, for a game franchise that started off with quite a bit of darker undertones, more often than not, the game feels way too overly cheery and feels like Disney had a much larger impact on the development of the game, going as far as having special movies, skills and spells that actually mimic some of their well known attraction park rides. The game, writing and dialog feels overly optimistic to the point that it negatively impacts the game.

At the end of the day, it's a great game with some flaws that I feel like, personally, could have been buffed out if Square simply had paid a bit closer attention to details.
  30. Feb 18, 2019
    Most definitely worth the 13 year wait, Kingdom Hearts 3 rounds off the main series in signature, if a little unsurprising, style. The story is of course beyond convoluted by this stage and in all honestly this entry only makes things worse, but if you were a fan of any of the previous installments, the enduring appeal is still there. Perhaps it's because I'm older now, but the story andMost definitely worth the 13 year wait, Kingdom Hearts 3 rounds off the main series in signature, if a little unsurprising, style. The story is of course beyond convoluted by this stage and in all honestly this entry only makes things worse, but if you were a fan of any of the previous installments, the enduring appeal is still there. Perhaps it's because I'm older now, but the story and dialogue are so apparent as this game's downfall now. However, the OVERALL story momentum, visuals, music and outstanding gameplay really make up for this.

The standard hack-and-slash gameplay has been refined and redrafted to near-perfection this time round. Variety stems from the keyblades themselves this time; unlike other entries where keyblades are essentially just stat and visual upgrades, keyblades each have their own transformation style which completely changes your entire attack pattern. Without spoiling the worlds that give you each, the keyblades turn into guns, spears, yo-yos, gauntlets, staffs and more, achieved by hitting combos in succession and triggered with the 'situation command' button. These situation commands also include team attacks, summons and form-changes and makes combat more dynamic than ever before. Add to this Sora's wonderful jumping, gliding, dashing and dodging abilities, the gameplay is at the absolute peak of the series and as fluid as ever.

Each world visited is a treat to behold. Exploring these Disney worlds is a joy for anyone familiar with them and while the stories' links to the main narrative is questionable, I honestly didn't care due to the immense fun I was having. The music and visuals are top notch and reflective of each world. The story's end sees one of the most breathtaking environments and accompanying score I've seen through the games, and if you can get by the jargon, awkward voicing and cheese of the stuff going on, the ending is definitely a nice end to the main series.

Finally, the mini-game and side game variety on offer is up there with Nier Automata (which has definitely inspired a lot of design choices in KH3). Each world has countless things to be getting on with between beating up Heartless from sledging to cooking to photography to playing videogames (inside a videogame). A special shoutout to the gummi ship sections in this game - these are vastly improved and are endlessly fun with space-invader style battles, galactic exploration and the opportunity to build your ship exactly how you want it, including as a dog on a skateboard (?)

The overall experience was immense fun, never dull and an emotional/nostalgic thrill above all else. Hampered by its tired plot, confusing characters, and endless light/darkness-themed dialogue, this is far from the best game in the series (as a whole). But what it does succeed in is providing a diverse, enjoyable, exciting and visually stunning slice of cartoon action with tight controls and surprising depth to each facet of its gameplay. As a fan since 2002, I'm definitely satisfied with the ending to a series instrumental to my childhood, although I fear the story-based flaws will be the nail in its coffin in the coming years, if there are plans for more...
  31. Feb 11, 2019
    This was one of the most fun gaming experiences I have had in years. The combat was simply silk smooth and very enjoyable - did not even think of running from any battles because they were just that fun. I even went as far as to get the Ultima Weapon and defeat the secret bosses (tornado Gummi boss including...gosh that was long) which I did not do with previous titles. The worlds wereThis was one of the most fun gaming experiences I have had in years. The combat was simply silk smooth and very enjoyable - did not even think of running from any battles because they were just that fun. I even went as far as to get the Ultima Weapon and defeat the secret bosses (tornado Gummi boss including...gosh that was long) which I did not do with previous titles. The worlds were gorgeous and the maps were highly enjoyable (no open-world - thank God - got tired of those kind of games)

The only real problem with KH3 is the pacing of the story. They definitely kept too much of the main plot at a standstill until the very end - it felt as almost NOTHING at all happened until you finish the last Disney world. The Disney worlds were fun and all, but they should have continued with the main plot at least a bit after every world or two. Also the very point of going to these worlds was kind of...too simple. There was no clear reason to do it - a mistake which was not so prominently made in the previous mainline titles. So because of all of this - most of the game up until the finale felt like a bit of a filler (which again - I did not feel as much in the previous titles even though there always was some filler).

But even with this kind of a big negative I can't give the game any lower than 8.5 just because it kept me glued to the screen until the very end (and even after) - which most games nowadays are not able to do.
  32. Feb 12, 2019
    I have been a fan of KH since KH2. I played almost all the numbered titles and the handheld games. KH3 is a very KH-ish game yet there is something fresh in it just like every game in the series. I found the game very enjoyable. I was ready to be disappointed by this game since some fans seems to dislike it for some reasons. After I played it, tbh I found it very good and found manyI have been a fan of KH since KH2. I played almost all the numbered titles and the handheld games. KH3 is a very KH-ish game yet there is something fresh in it just like every game in the series. I found the game very enjoyable. I was ready to be disappointed by this game since some fans seems to dislike it for some reasons. After I played it, tbh I found it very good and found many critiques toward the game are just exaggerating. I was mostly impressed by the amount of details put into every world. It just felt alive. Yoko Shimomura did it again with the ost and I just love seeing Sora and the gang having fun in the game. The only disappointment I have toward the game is how the story felt rushed at the end and how the combat is a bit too easy for my liking. Overall though, the positives outweigh the negatives. Definitely worth buying Expand
  33. Feb 6, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Contains SPOILERS.
    Game is fun. Lots of gameplay elements, worlds are varied.
    Long time KH fan here, but:
    - game is way too easy, even on Proud mode. One of the major reasons is the attractions which give you an invulnerability frame.
    - I feel the story could've been handled better. Spoiler warning: for example, they spend some time thinking on how they can bring Roxas back, they want to reconstruct his heart with the data in data Twilight Town. They also need a vessel to put it in though. When arriving at the final world, Roxas just returns out of nothing. So basically all that building up was for nothing. Ansem/Xemnas imply they have put Sora on a path again, but nothing of the sort is revealed. Lingering Will appears out of nothing without any real reason for him suddenly appearing. Several organization members helping Xehanort without having any motivation to do so (they even explicitly state so themselves), Xion reappears without any justification on how. Same with like the KH mobile game 'players' appearing to help Sora & co without any reason why that would happen.
    Xehanort does an entire 180 personality wise at the end, which is weird.
    Protagonists are about as dangerous as butter knives during cutscenes, which makes no sense whe you look at them in past games. They get knocked out right away at some points. Then, a few minutes later in the story they can suddenly hold out against multiple of the same bad guys again (while being outnumbered).
    - Story pacing isn't too good. You get a bit of 'real' story at the start, then you have to go through several 'filler' Disney worlds, get another tiny amount of 'real KH story', another few hours of random Disney worlds, then the ending. I like the Dinsey worlds in KH games, but the KH series could do with some more time being dedicated to its own story.
  34. Feb 6, 2019
    Minus 1 point because they forgot to put final fantasy chars in the game. It feels shorter than the other games but i may be remembering wrong. My kh2 file shows 80 hrs and my kh3 one shows 40. That being said, its everything we all hoped it would be.... Except the final fantasy part.
  35. Feb 7, 2019
    Nearly perfect conclusion to a series I’ve loved my entire life. Great combat, great visuals, great characters. Only complaint is that it’s a little too easy even on Proud. If Critical gets a release later it’ll be a perfect 10
  36. Feb 9, 2019
    KH is not a game for for everyone. It also has one major handicap that people seems to forget; the people who have played this game likely have played KH2/KH1 as teenager. Now they are adult and able to see weaknesses they couldn’t see before. Of course playing this game and comparing it to KH2/KH1 will feel different in general. Some of it comes from the fact that as we grow up there areKH is not a game for for everyone. It also has one major handicap that people seems to forget; the people who have played this game likely have played KH2/KH1 as teenager. Now they are adult and able to see weaknesses they couldn’t see before. Of course playing this game and comparing it to KH2/KH1 will feel different in general. Some of it comes from the fact that as we grow up there are things that we don’t enjoy anymore. KH series fits this category. Personally I still really likes this game, although imo it’s not as good as KH2 which is my fav video game of all time. Expand
  37. Feb 4, 2019
    My only concern is some of the gameplay which while amazing is somewhat floaty not on the levels of some kingdom hearts games but it's still somewhat obvious it's there and biggest challenge was not from the bosses or the enemies but from the minigames which is somewhat disappointing but this is by far one of the best kingdom hearts games ever from most of the combat and the gummi shipMy only concern is some of the gameplay which while amazing is somewhat floaty not on the levels of some kingdom hearts games but it's still somewhat obvious it's there and biggest challenge was not from the bosses or the enemies but from the minigames which is somewhat disappointing but this is by far one of the best kingdom hearts games ever from most of the combat and the gummi ship missions to the beauty and size of the worlds Expand
  38. Feb 4, 2019
    Kingdom Hearts 3 is by far my favorite from the KH franchise, but that is not to say this game did not have minor issues. My biggest gripe was the camera in the game, it was a bit unsteady and made a fun boss battle almost annoying. The combat is a bit floaty but a huge improvement from the Osaka team original work like DDD and BBS. Also, they could have provided more variety with someKingdom Hearts 3 is by far my favorite from the KH franchise, but that is not to say this game did not have minor issues. My biggest gripe was the camera in the game, it was a bit unsteady and made a fun boss battle almost annoying. The combat is a bit floaty but a huge improvement from the Osaka team original work like DDD and BBS. Also, they could have provided more variety with some boss battles.

Overall, This game plays as any other Kingdom Heart game, although, it does tend to be easier because as you begin your journey you are given so many options to use at your disposal with no consequences. But this game is beautiful and I found myself really enjoying it and loving it. The pros really outweighs the cons, as the cons are very minimal. I was pleased with the end of the Xehanort saga and excited to see where they decide to go with the next saga.
  39. Feb 18, 2019
    I gave KH1 10/10 & KH2 8/10.

KH3 is very different than KH1 in technicalities, and in spirit. Amongst the differences are: - Plot is becoming even more complicated. I thought Tetsuya was going to stop, but noooooo - he loves making a story more convoluted. - Combat are now button-mashing. Gone are the strategy and the rewards of skillful gameplay. (e.g. in KH1, you gain exp when
    I gave KH1 10/10 & KH2 8/10.

KH3 is very different than KH1 in technicalities, and in spirit.
    Amongst the differences are:

- Combat are now button-mashing. Gone are the strategy and the rewards of skillful gameplay. (e.g. in KH1, you gain exp when deflecting enemy projectiles, while in KH3 there are too many prompts for flashy moves)
    - Gameplay areas can feel livelier than in the original, since current technology can support more NPCs.
    - World are more expansive, though they are not really re-explorable (as you get more abilities that can access restricted places) like in KH1.
    - Pixar worlds' here! Unfortunately all the Final Fantasy characters are absent. It's just Disney (& Pixar) now.

KH3 is by no means bad, but it did not succeed in the spirit of the predecessor, so that is a disappointment for many fans, including myself. I wish they make a remake of KH1 with today's advanced technology (and fix the stories for the sequels ffs) since it has been almost two decades since.
  40. Feb 9, 2019
    too much minigame, no cool reaction command until the end part, and dumbed down difficulty for casual #Attractionreactioncomand. The lack of secret bosses are real.
    The Rest is great from animation environment even song Note: Buy the JP version for better Voice acting. Stopped English Dub since KH2 and never been better Rant: - Whoever said the hair is bad may be they have
    The Rest is great from animation environment even song

Rant:
    - Whoever said the hair is bad may be they have bad hair or even bald :P
    - Whoever complaining about the subs. Learn Japanese or English. at least you need to learn english
    go to school or something
    - Whoever said no multiplayer is a thing. Kingdom hearts never been a multiplayer game. Got it
    Memorized? they said 50USD for a single player is a cash grab then what is RE2 Remake?
    - Whoever said the soundtrack is bad uhh you do have demyx taste of music probably.
    - No FF characters? a bit disappointed but you are not playing FF. you played Kingdom Hearts.
    KH =/= FF.

Nomura should learn that releasing this for newcomers is a really bad idea. Even people who usually played fighting games can review this game 1/10. Just go back to your game. enjoy it instead of spreading negativities and hate. I mean there are lots of that doing that because they don't like the game. Do you have any other works other than bashing a game just because you didn't like it? Not every game for everyone. Critics and bashing is a whole different thing.
  41. Feb 19, 2019
    Kingdom Hearts 3 is a game carrying a lot of burden mainly from fans' expectations and from narrative complexity of previous entries, yet it manages to satisfy most of those expectations and manages to serve as a satisfying end of the dark seeker saga.
  42. Feb 8, 2019
    Went into this game not really sure what to expect. However, I was extremely surprised at how much I loved this game. As a newcomer I was skeptical, but with a mix of Disney, gameplay, and music this game was extraordinary. I can't wait to play the old ones
  43. Feb 1, 2019
    Awesome game.....didnt expect it to be so good because it was my first experience in the series but now I know I am gonna go back and play the rest.
  44. Feb 2, 2019
    Love everything about this game. I don’t understand some of the bad reviews, but to each their own I guess. Everything I expected plus more. Love the flexibility, the story, and how beautiful the world are. Go play KH3 now!
  45. Feb 17, 2019
    As a long time KH fan, I adore this game. It has almost everything I've always wanted from a KH game. Great graphics, nostalgic and memorable ost, the usual fun cheesy lines from the characters, fun gameplay and interesting story. I hope the game will get more much needed more postgame content in the future, because I think the game has more potential
  46. Feb 14, 2019
    Just finished the game, and I must admit I felt in awe in many instances due to the ambitiously cinematic cutscenes. Having played this series since the beginning more than a decade ago, it feels amazing to play this game.
  47. Feb 2, 2019
    A beautiful game with a large amount of polish, will make fans happy. My only complaints are the missing final fantasy characters and it could have been a little bit longer with extra content and fights.
  48. Feb 7, 2019
    I just finished the game and had to see the reviews, this game is so outstanding that it had me writing a review, I honestly don't know where to start, so bear with me. Combat wise KH3 has delivered, a lot of people were nervous of how it would turn out due to previous KH games combat style changing and many people did not like that, I found it very mesmerizing as it takes the combat styleI just finished the game and had to see the reviews, this game is so outstanding that it had me writing a review, I honestly don't know where to start, so bear with me. Combat wise KH3 has delivered, a lot of people were nervous of how it would turn out due to previous KH games combat style changing and many people did not like that, I found it very mesmerizing as it takes the combat style from KH2 and adds elements from the other KH games, not for one second did I feel overwhelmed by the controls, mobility or commands, and yes I have enjoyed every other KH combat including CoM, Re:Coded and KHUX. For those who are complaining that the game isn't "Hard Enough", please please please understand this is not DARKSOULS or BLOODBORNE, KH is not branded as a Hard game, yes there are those very difficult secret bosses but that doesn't mean that the whole game must be difficult, granted, there is no critical mode even after beating the game which is a bummer for some (including me who beat all KH games on critical and got most of them Platinum, but I don't give it that much thought to the point that I ruin a game's review). Now that combat is out of the way, let's get to the part that I suppose die hard KH fans care about the most, The Story, now do not worry this is spoiler free so don't go closing your tabs, KH3 tries its best to be new player friendly, but if you think about it, its impossible, the amount of Story, plot twists and Characters in the KH universe is tremendous, I replayed all KH games 3 months prior to the release and STILL I have details and plots that I still forget, don't understand or never got an answer for, I am sorry to say this but don't expect to understand the story from KH3 alone if you're a new comer, as a community we are happy that more people are joining us on this adventure, but you'll either need to play the previous games (for which they include a bundle on the PS Store that you can get for around $120 as I recall) or you can watch the story on YouTube by a youtuber caled Everglow, he has a full playlist of the story in the chronological order and the videos are made with absolute passion, seriously check them out if you're not bothered to play all 6 games prior to KH3, but don't start the game until you have an idea about the story as it helps give meaning to the events happening in KH3. Now that I am done with new comers, KH die hards, I promise you, you will not be disappointed from KH3 story, it is more than we ever expected, it is well paced, though be prepared for a lot of long cutscenes (which is fine by me), also get your theories ready prior to playing KH3, because you have no idea if a theory is right and how satisfying it is when you get it right, I won't go any further because I don't wanna spoil the story in any fashion. I truly hope that you enjoy the game with your loved ones the same way I did and it would be an experience to remember, after all it felt like ages until KH3 finally came out, so make sure you make the most out of it. May your Heart be your Guiding Key. Expand
  49. Feb 11, 2019
    I have never played the other game in the series before, but I found the gameplay very fun and pretty satisfying. I also love the interaction between the main character, Sora with Donald and Goofy. Just a a well made game overall
  50. Feb 10, 2019
    A different KH experience in comparison to the others but definently the most memorable. The story seems to have a really slow, even strange pacing. The middle seems surprisingly empty of story and the plot wraps up at the end of the game. You surely noticed that many negative reviews attack exactly that aspect of the game. That’s the main complaint: The lack of plot in the beginning andA different KH experience in comparison to the others but definently the most memorable. The story seems to have a really slow, even strange pacing. The middle seems surprisingly empty of story and the plot wraps up at the end of the game. You surely noticed that many negative reviews attack exactly that aspect of the game. That’s the main complaint: The lack of plot in the beginning and middle of the game and the Disney worlds which are basicly reduced to filler content in there eyes. So why do I give KH3 a perfect score? Regardless of the excellent graphics, framerate, soundtrack and fast-paced combat( maybe a bit too easy on normal, but let‘s wait for proud-mode. Nonetheless it‘s just awesome and ton of fun to play. Just look at it! It’s pure spectacel !) There two major points why I would give this game a 10 and compare it two other masterpieces like the new god of war or RDR2.

The first point is actually...the storytelling. To be honest in my opinion there is no game on the market as of right now that even holdes a candle to the story and storytelling of KH3. It isn‘t a all out war with big baddie Xehanort like we thought(ok at the end it is a all out war basically but you know what I mean). Rather it is a more personnaly journey for our hero Sora. After the events of DDD Soras psyche is struggling and actually broken. You will notice that every disney world represents a other aspect of his inner struggle. Do you remember how you watched all these different disney movies in your childhood and learned something new? Something that would change how you think as person? Some sort of moral or valueable lesson for your own life? If you know what I‘m talking about than you know exactly what kind of journey Sora will go through. KH3 isn‘t just about fighting Xehanort...but a big arc for Soras character and a journey to find himself. It‘s a story about his duty as keyblade wielder, his fear of failure and the concequences...and everything culminates in a final showdown,which exceeded my expectations.

The second and last point ist the conclusion to the plot. Every character moment you wish for...you will get it. This isn‘t a lackluster ending like Mass Effect 3. It‘s seriously succeds in in tieing everything up...a task I regarded as impossible. Nonetheless i must say...it‘s purely subjective if the conclusion matches your expectations. We know some of these characters since our childhood and there are like good old friends to us. Everyone of us wishes just the best for these characters so everyone has different expectations but as you see at the user score and the non-existing outcry of the fanbase...most of us are satisfied. Like I said...the conclusion is for me a dream come true. It does all characters justice and gives us a interesting outlock for the future.
  51. Feb 15, 2019
    Im very satisfied with the game, i cryed like a baby and cant stop seeing the ending on youtube.

it not a perfect game but for me it is and loved every second of it . if your a fan this is a must and for new comers on the series jummm not to sure but will have fun with it
  52. Feb 9, 2019
    By far a beautiful culmination of all the games thus far; that the Kingdom Hearts fans have been waiting for so long. Packed full of fun and interesting Disney World that each has impactful character moments. With a satisfying ending that closes out the Xehanort saga but leaves room for more answer to yet be discovered. Can't wait to see whats next for the franchise!
  53. Feb 9, 2019
    A long time in the minds of many gamers, it delivers in many aspects. Unreal Engine used to full effect making this one of the prettiest games you'll see. The combat is fun and never loses it's impact,

I never thought I'd be screaming for Donald Duck to heal me but there it is. Camera can be annoying sometimes, certain Keyblade abilities are effected Overall already a strong

I never thought I'd be screaming for Donald Duck to heal me but there it is.

Camera can be annoying sometimes, certain Keyblade abilities are effected

Overall already a strong contender for GOTY
  54. Feb 1, 2019
    So awesome, one of the most unique gaming experiences I have ever had gaming. It captures the magic that the rest of the series has.
  55. Feb 3, 2019
    After over a decade the game finally releases and it was well worth the wait.

You get everything wrapped up nicely and new gameplay mechanics that add to what already was a great gameplay set up. Seeing Toy Story was a real treat, something I had wanted since the first game. The ending was bittersweet and to me the best way to end the franchise. If theydon't make another game that
    After over a decade the game finally releases and it was well worth the wait.

Seeing Toy Story was a real treat, something I had wanted since the first game.

The ending was bittersweet and to me the best way to end the franchise. If theydon't make another game that ending felt like the right way to end it.

The secret ending teases what you know will be a future game, but I am unsure if it will be canonical to the overall story or not.

The game was shorter than I expected. Only took 22 hours to beat it but overall that doesn't alter how I felt about the overall story and the conclusion.

Solid game. Fantastic story. Great to see resolutions to plot points set up in previous games.
  56. Feb 4, 2019
    "This is it, the epic, emotional and satisfying conclusion to one of gaming's most beloved series. Kingdom Hearts III is everything we could had hoped for (and even more), but its biggest achievement is that, even by today's standards, it's a one of a kind experience that can only be described using one word: magic. " - Hobby Consolas
    Thats just what I wanted to say.
  57. Feb 10, 2019
    Ignore the others, if you like KH then you will love this game, written has gone better, the graphics are awesome and the gameplay is better than ever. The only problems that i've got (and that's why this game has not a 10) is the camera sometimes goes crazy and its too easy.
  58. Feb 9, 2019
    Good game. People sure are desperate to hate it but fuc them. Nomura is a god. That is all.
  59. Feb 3, 2019
    A wonderful adventure in a magical world made up of worlds, adds a great game to the series.
  60. Jan 29, 2019
    Flat out incredible, it's what you were waiting for, trust me you do not want to miss this.
  61. Jan 29, 2019
    It's been far to long but it was worth the wait. A magical adventure with its complicated story, yet easy to grasp if you play the previous titles, closes a chapter while seeding the ground for more to come tails. Amazing variety of gameplay never gets boring. A must play!
  62. Feb 12, 2019
    very fun game, it was worth the wait. love the gameplay, but maybe they should tone down the attraction attacks. it has a satisfying ending to this very complex xehanort saga. can't wait for the new arc and story.
  63. Feb 19, 2019
    I'm a long time fan of the series, played almost all the games at launch - and played everything once more with the collections. So I was pretty hyped and anxious to play KH3.

It's not that I did not like it as much as | thought I would. I really did. But I could not help feeling a sense of disconnection to the series - maybe because it's been so many years since I played KH2 on the PS2. I felt distant to this game I love with all my heart; it was a bittersweet experience, I suppose.

Another 'issue' with the game is that it feels... kind of rushed? I feel bad to pick problems, I really wish I could say KH3 is perfect; but it's not. The story is confusing as always (but this is nothing new); the problem is it felt even more confusing and the pace of the game does not help at all. It's like they threw a bunch of disney worlds at us, without a proper narrative between them; just go from planet to planet while piecing out (our trying to) the very confusing and weird story they are telling.

But all the rest is pure eye candy. The characters, the gameplay, the special attacks, the funny banter. It's pure KH we all know and love.

Maybe all this sense of 'weirdness' is due to the long time this game is being developed. That's how I feel, at least. Kingdom Hearts 3 is a beautiful, amazing, product of love. It's just not THE Kingdom Hearts 3 I was expecting.
  64. Feb 15, 2019
    Kingdom hearts 3 es un juego muy completo, variado y divertido. Su jugabilidad es la mejor de la saga, su historia simplemente bella y sus gráficos mágicos. Lo único malo del juego es que en puntos concretos la cámara estorba. Un firme candidato a Goty.
  65. Feb 7, 2019
    In terms of story, there is something for everyone; however, the narrative pacing adopts the DDD approach to storytelling and nukes you with original Kingdom Hearts lore in the last world. Kingdom Hearts I, and II were perfect games in terms of how the pacing of those particular stories played out. Kingdom Hearts III on the other hand feels like a jolly, and gallant mosey through DisneyIn terms of story, there is something for everyone; however, the narrative pacing adopts the DDD approach to storytelling and nukes you with original Kingdom Hearts lore in the last world. Kingdom Hearts I, and II were perfect games in terms of how the pacing of those particular stories played out. Kingdom Hearts III on the other hand feels like a jolly, and gallant mosey through Disney worlds (best they've ever been), where Kingdom Hearts retains its humorous and light-hearted nature, until some of the darkest and shocking moments in the entire Kingdom Hearts series happens all at once -- and its a little overwhelming. The story overall was wrapped up mostly in a satisfying way with some great dialogue and interactions particularly between the members of 'old' organization XIII, and the main trio.

The combat is floaty, and obsessed with glitz and glam, but it is definitely the best version of that particular Osaka team combat system design; however, it still fails to live up to the solid combat design of Kingdom Hearts II. The attractions were gaudy, long, drawn out, and could have been done away with as it sucked me out of otherwise invigorating combat with a mini-game; furthermore, it is impossible to tell on occasion whether you are hitting the enemy, or not simply because of how massive and flashy the attractions are at times.

It was an absolute joy to traverse through the Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts III; which have all been designed with the utmost care, compassion, and meticulousness according to their original creators, and this part of the game drastically overshadows its numbered predecessors. However, the main reason this game does not earn a 10 is due to the lack of original worlds and characters that have been built up for years including but not limited to:

The Destiny Islands crew: Selphie, Tidus, Wakka. Whatever happened to them?!

The Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee... Our honorary members: Aerith, Cloud, Leon, Cid, Yuffie!

100 Acre Wood, and Twilight Town was kind of a letdown, especially because I am in love with those worlds. It pains me to say Twilight Town was not expansive as I believe it could have been especially because of how good it looks in Kingdom Hearts III. I also believe it lacked crucial classical locations such as the sandlot, sunset terrace, and no train station... Really?! Scala Ad Caelum was a disappointment as well and felt anti-climactic.

I'm also salty Traverse Town is not a part of this game (but that's a nitpick). ;)

The music? Awesome as usual, although I would have liked to see more original compositions for the final boss music from Shimomura-san.

As someone who holds this series in the highest regard, I was really hoping to call this a masterpiece... However, it was worth the wait, is an incredible game in its own right, and besides, it was joyous to see the half-pints again. I cannot wait to see whats cooking in Nomura-san's head for the future of the series. Regardless, I'm so happy that after all these years, Kingdom Hearts still has that magic that turns me into my 11 year old self yearning for more.

p.s. Riku is a badass in this game! Kairi's cool too.
  66. Feb 11, 2019
    Despite having a very complicated story, Kingdom Hearts 3 succeeds from such an amazing gameplay stand point. The Battle system in the game feels like such an evolution from the previous games. Movement, Keyblade transformations, Attractions, Flow Motion, all of these combine to make a very engaged battle system that makes Kingdom Hearts 3 a fun time to play. Battles feel like they haveDespite having a very complicated story, Kingdom Hearts 3 succeeds from such an amazing gameplay stand point. The Battle system in the game feels like such an evolution from the previous games. Movement, Keyblade transformations, Attractions, Flow Motion, all of these combine to make a very engaged battle system that makes Kingdom Hearts 3 a fun time to play. Battles feel like they have very high stakes and the game does a great job in a making the player feel like they are in the center of each confrontation. Expand
  67. Feb 10, 2019
    Very fun game. I've waited five years for this and it did not disappoint. The character. graphics, music and story are all very good. If you just want a fun game to play this is the game.
  68. Jan 29, 2019
    Kingdom Hearts Fan since 2002 here.
    Kingdom Hearts Fan since 2002 here.
    After 26h of playing this Game (I still have 4 Worlds to go) I can tell that it was worth the wait. The visuals are stunning, the combat system is perfection and the Worlds are full off little Details. The Boss fights also blow you away with their epicness. Dont listen to these Fake O Score Reviews of people who probably never played a Kingdom Hearts Game in their life xD
  69. Feb 12, 2019
    Had to give a ten to this game, not because it’s a master piece from the technical perspective, but because it made me so happy to play it!
    The gameplay is really fun, the graphics are amazing, the soundtrack is gorgeous as always and help to give really impactful moments.
    Talking about impactful moments, I must say that, despite the bizarre history that Nomura created, this series is without a doubt one of my favorites of all time, sometimes I have this feeling that everyone is just trying to tell the same type of history in the same type of world... Not Kingdom Hearts, it’s setting is so unique, made me fall in love with it, and now it gave me the closure that I was waiting for a long time...
    I really love the epic scenes they gave us trough the game, not to mention the moments that make me almost cry, either with happy moments or sad ones...
    This game is magical, simple as that
  70. Jan 29, 2019
    Una delicia, a nivel jugable, a nivel gráfico, a nivel de banda sonora, de historia... una obra maestra... Gracias Nomura.
  71. Jan 30, 2019
    First off user Onlyonehere is a troll so throw this review in the trash. Now. If you are a fan of KH or even if you're not this game is a perfect followup to the series. The graphics are amazing (they're based off the worlds, when you see Pirates of the Caribbean you'll see), the story excellent, and the soundtrack is quite good. It follows the same style as previous KH games so theFirst off user Onlyonehere is a troll so throw this review in the trash. Now. If you are a fan of KH or even if you're not this game is a perfect followup to the series. The graphics are amazing (they're based off the worlds, when you see Pirates of the Caribbean you'll see), the story excellent, and the soundtrack is quite good. It follows the same style as previous KH games so the negative reviews about music, or graphics, or story means those reviewers clearly haven't played any of the other KH games. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  72. Feb 2, 2019
    I am little upset to see so many trolling reviews, if you do not like the game at least give a reasoned review. I have been waiting so long to play this and people are being trolls just to **** with the community....... its a great game, with my complaints being amount of content, no final fantasy characters, and challenge.
  73. Feb 4, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The long-awaited Kingdom Hearts 3 has finally been released. And in my opinion, it has once again been released with an astonishing key blade swinging combat system, Truly beautiful and enticing Storyline. And an amazing view of what the best of Unreal Engine 4 has to offer for action role playing games for years to come. But while this game in my opinion truly being I believe to be one of the best action role playing games to have ever been released in the 21st century. It can not be excused from its flaws. Which it does have. Without further a do allow me to embark on my In depth review of Kingdom Hearts 3 although I am confident that I can type for days about this game I am going to break down this review into 5 simple categories 1. Gameplay 2. Graphics 3. Storyline 4. Emotional impact 5. Execution of emotional Impact. The gameplay in Kingdom Hearts 3 is truly phenomenal instead of your standard keyblade swinging infused with a casual magic move, block and dodge for the combat system like we have seen in previous kingdom hearts games. Kingdom Hearts 3 takes it to a completely different level by adding everything we love from the previous game while also giving new and amazing features like keyblade transformations, shot lock, flow motion dashes to close in on enemies never be foreseen extensions to combos and to top it all off we get to see all of this in an amazing the best unreal engine 4 has to offer experience which leads me to the graphics section of this review. Graphicly this game is truly breath taking and although graphics alone certainly does not define an amazing video game it certainly does wonders to immerse the gamer deeper into the experience and the world of a game it allows the video game to come to life while also making the gamer feel like he or she is not only a playing this game but truly inside of it. Whether it’s the chain of Sora’s Kingdom Key keyblade swaying back and forth, the lining on the seams of Riku’s clothing, or the beautiful and sometimes sentimental sunset of Twilight Town this game graphicly is breathtaking. The storyline of Kingdom Hearts 3 bring the finale of the Xehanort saga to an astonishing conclusion exploring Sora’s powers and the Nobody’s he has within him while also tying once again the malevolent intentions of Organization 13, Xehanort and a plot to truly slay the guardians of light once and for all and bring to life his dream of Kingdom Hearts and darkness conquering all is truly interesting and will keep your eyes glued to the screen. However, there are certain aspects of the world’s inside of Kingdom Hearts that could have done a better job with interacting with the characters inside of them. This does not apply to all of them. For example Monsters Inc. has plenty of interaction with the characters of that world same with Toy Story and Tangled but I feel like the world of Frozen specifically had very little to no interaction with Elsa besides seeing her in cutscenes we were not able to battle alongside her and although I do see how this was important to how they portrayed that story when Sora, Donald and goofy got there I do believe it is essential to at least fight alongside the main characters of that world in a couple fights it was modestly disheartening to not fight alongside her most of the time is spent saving her from her own powers instead of eventually having her learn how to use them and together taking down a final boss but it was not done that way. Besides this and other inconsistencies like lack of important worlds lion king, Incredibles, Final Fantasy or even Sora’s maturity as a character the storyline is the best we have seen in the series. Now for the emotional impact some of you might be wondering why this is important. In my opinion this is extremely crucial to any video game but even more so to a storyline like the kingdom hearts series. Emotional impact is not only the emotions the characters of a video game express but how real and impactful those emotions feel to the gamer this leads me to the execution of emotional impact. It is normal to feel a certain emotion arise inside of you when your favorite character of a movie or anime dies. The same applies to video games they create this impactfulness by voice acting, storyline and the movement of the characters. While the movement and storyline in my opinion being astoundingly impressive I feel like the voice acting of kingdom hearts 3 for the English dub in crucial moments lacked greatly what the Japanese dub had to offer this deeply affected the emotional impact of the game so much so that it questioned whether or not Sora truly was sad of full of rage in certain scenes. In comparison to the Japanese dub where the voice actor displayed a truly beautiful harmony between rage, disbelief with small hints of profound sadness in a scene where Sora had lost everything. In conclusion despite this do not think twice about getting this game it will be worth every penny. Expand
  74. Feb 11, 2019
    Its a great experience that is unique in the world of gaming but, is not for everyone. With that being said I have the same small, yet big faults as everyone else but feel with some more updates and content could achieve a higher quality. My biggest issue is that I had to create save files to make different characters at different levels and equip them with no exp in order to make the gameIts a great experience that is unique in the world of gaming but, is not for everyone. With that being said I have the same small, yet big faults as everyone else but feel with some more updates and content could achieve a higher quality. My biggest issue is that I had to create save files to make different characters at different levels and equip them with no exp in order to make the game as challenging as I wanted. (Should be harder/Critical Mode, more content, olympus coliseum, extra bosses, where is cloud and leon, and more unique feeling Kingdom Hearts worlds such as more Twilight Town, radiant gardens, and etc.) Expand
  75. Feb 10, 2019
    Its been almost 6 years since the first KH 3 Trailer was released and Guys, it was worth the long wait. Everything about the Game is pure perfection
  76. Jan 29, 2019
    After waiting 13 years, its finally here. And I must say, its so great.

Keyblade Transformations are great. Combat feels better than 0.2 Story is awesome, and jaw dropping. Graphics... do i really need to talk about them? Seeing what Kingdom Hearts came into is so great... You can really feel the revelation. RPG mechanics are better then any other KH games. Flowmotion, Focus, Links
    After waiting 13 years, its finally here. And I must say, its so great.

Keyblade Transformations are great.
    Combat feels better than 0.2
    Story is awesome, and jaw dropping.
    RPG mechanics are better then any other KH games.
    Flowmotion, Focus, Links are so easy and fast.
    Maps are so big. Like Massive.

What about bad things about the game?

Ending was lame.
    Lack of original keyblades is disappointing.
    ... That's all.

9/10. This game deserves GOTY.
  77. Feb 2, 2019
    Awesome game and experience really felt unique, its not often you get such an original product.
  78. Feb 2, 2019
    First off, I see many so called "critic reviewers" that are beyond ridiculous. One of them mentioned something about a copyright lawsuit? But point is some of these critic reviews seem to have not played the game completely or are new to the series. They say the plot line is confusing but what do you expect, that's like saying for example a film like Avengers Infinity War should be easy toFirst off, I see many so called "critic reviewers" that are beyond ridiculous. One of them mentioned something about a copyright lawsuit? But point is some of these critic reviews seem to have not played the game completely or are new to the series. They say the plot line is confusing but what do you expect, that's like saying for example a film like Avengers Infinity War should be easy to get into. That's these certain sites fault for not letting someone review the game who has a knowledge of this series' lore. If you wanna get this game, I recommend not reading critics' reviews and play or learn the lore before KH3. I personally find reviews useless now a days, because most of them are opinion based. Everyone will have a different opinion to this game, so I'd try it out after learning the lore and you give your own opinion, don't let someone else's point of view good or bad deter you from making your own. That being said in my opinion I love this game so much, and have been following the KIngdom Hearts series for 13 years now, and will continue to do so. The games visuals are absolutely amazing and the story again may not be easy for a newcomer but definitely made me cry tears of joy and sadness. Point being cant wait for an inevitable release of Kingdom Hearts 4. Expand
  79. Feb 1, 2019
    Kingdom Hearts 3 gives you the quality you have come to expect in the series, and kept me hooked all the way through.
  80. Feb 8, 2019
    This has been worth the wait and we know well the series is far from over! Gameplay is fun and addictive! The story is very well paced (assuming you did every, and I mean EVERY GAME!) in the series. Kingdom Hearts III is the series at its strongest point and while the Dark Seeker Saga has concluded, Sora's story is far from over!
  81. Feb 10, 2019
    I understand why some find it hard to follow but if you were a fan of the previous titles you will enjoy this one. The story, which is really why I play, did not disappoint.
  82. Feb 1, 2019
    Kingdom Hearts 3 es un juegazo!!! Gráficas excelentes, combate fluido y una gran historia!!!
  83. Feb 1, 2019
    Thank you square and disney you did a good job on this one, I am gonna get back to playing now.
  84. Feb 2, 2019
    I love this game!!! Its so fun a little light on content for a KH game but overall tons of content.
  85. Feb 2, 2019
    Great game with a ton of charm its not for everyone and you must understand that to appreciate it.
  86. Feb 5, 2019
    Waited a long time for this one so I wasnt about to savor it, so i devoured it in a few days. WARNING: Even if you have played past games, its not a bad idea to watch a refresher video on youtube before picking this up. I personally didnt play any of the DS games and if youve only played 1 and 2, youre going to need it! I do have a few gripes. Ill do the bad stuff first and finish strong!Waited a long time for this one so I wasnt about to savor it, so i devoured it in a few days. WARNING: Even if you have played past games, its not a bad idea to watch a refresher video on youtube before picking this up. I personally didnt play any of the DS games and if youve only played 1 and 2, youre going to need it! I do have a few gripes. Ill do the bad stuff first and finish strong!

1. The voice acting was awful. I know its not their fault and they're just following a script, but it felt like it was chopped and pasted all over the place. There were unnecessary pauses after quick sentences and it just didnt flow well.

2. THE SHEER AMOUNT OF CUTSCENES. The toy story world was the most notorious for this. You take five steps and youre back in a 2 minute long cutscene. Unless you're a huge fan of toy story, chances are you just wanna continue with the story. The problem is, while they do give you the option to skip, the way the kingdom hearts story is so complex that you cannot afford to miss any information if you want to understand whats going on.

3. The lack of Square Enix characters. Im not saying I want Cloud front and center, but none of the previous characters from square made appearances. I liked Kingdom Hearts not for Disney, but for the crossover and how silly it was. This along with the constant barrage of park themed rides just felt like someone was taking Disney in a fist and shoving it down my throat. (I know im part of a minority in this and im not hating on Disney, there was just no balance.

Now for the good.

1. The worlds felt great. Surprisingly the standout for me was the Tangled world. It was well built and had good flow. The Caribbean was refreshing and felt great, almost like playing AC4 Black Flag but on a scaled down version which was awesome. The sheer amount of map in a single world, I could have spent hours upon hours searching for treasure.

2. The Keyblade upgrade system and number of Keyblades. KH has always had plenty of options in this department, but being able to upgrade them and have different focus abilities depending on your playstyle was awesome. I found myself using mainly the kingdom key throughout the game because I like the finishers and its not super fancy.

3. The amount of side missions and mini games. Though some of them can be quite frustrating especially if youre going for all of the trophies, theres no shortage of things to do even after youve completed the game.

4. The Ending. (NO SPOILERS) It was pretty much everything I could have wanted and more. It felt very satisfying, kind of on the level of playing through Final Fantasy 7 and having your showdown with Sephiroth at the end. It wasnt drawn out, there was no huge heartless star ship crap like in 1 and 2, but yeah. It was great. All the feels.

TL;DR/ I loved it, it has its flaws, a couple that made me a little upset but overall it made me happy to have stuck around and wait.
  87. Feb 8, 2019
    I really enjoyed this game. I felt rejuvenated playing KH3 as a long time fan. Despite the end feeling a bit rushed, the graphics, gameplay, and full content of the story makes up for the rushed feeling at the end. I also love how this game sets up the future for this franchise and I’m excited for what’s to come.
  88. Feb 11, 2019
    While there are some issues that hold it back from 1 and 2, the core experience is fun. The missing details badly need to be fixed and there needs to be a DLC, the reason I say need is because this game is so close to being way better than it is... and they still have the potential to make it happen.
  89. Feb 14, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really good game. Improve's on everything the previous games does. Best graphics in the series. Best combat system. Much much bigger worlds and better story in general.

Anyone voting 0 on this game has either not played a Kingdom Hearts game before or are simply here for the sake of trolling. Just ignore them. If you like Kingdom Hearts, know that this is the best game in the series and you won't be disappointed.

Edit: Having finished the game, I have to adjust my score from a 10 to an 8. Why?

There are way too few worlds. Only 9 with one (100 Acre Woods) just being a mini game is way too little. Also Twilight Town is super small and leaves out many areas from previous games.

There is also way too many lengthy cutscenes. At times you can watch cutscenes for as long as 30 minutes between play segments.

The game is too short too. Waiting 13 years for a game that can be completed in less than 25 hours is just meh.

People who wanted more Kingdom Hearts story and less Disney will be disappointed as pretty much 80% of the game is pure Disney and most Kingdom Hearts story is told in the beginning and end of the game.

Don't get me wrong. The game is good. I just had higher expectations than this.
  90. Feb 10, 2019
    A very underrated and magnificent piece of art. This game is exceeding all my expectations so far
  91. Feb 5, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a long time fan of this series, I have to admit it and say this is not one of my favourites in the franchise. In saying that, I really enjoyed the story and the progression. The combat feels incredible and the story hit me right in the feels. Basically up until the nearing end of the game I was having the time of my life.
    Something shifted towards the end. It just seemed to go downhill from this point on a gameplay perspective. For a starters, the boss fight itself just felt very uninspired and lazy. The landscape shifts were clever, but they were nothing much more than cosmetic changes to the fight and served as a slight distraction. That isn't even the biggest disappointment for me.
    The things that upset me the most were:
    A) noticing that so many worlds could have either been added or simply made bigger. Twilight Town is so tiny and has practically nothing in it after the main story, no Traverse Town at all and 100 Acre Wood is literally ONE area with 3 mini games.
    B) There are barely any optional Ultra Bosses. To my understanding, theres only the dark inferno and the gummi ship boss.
    C) No critical mode and Proud mode was quite easy. I'm not exaggerating here, I beat the entire game at level 38 :
    D) My final and biggest complaint, boring end game. Most of the time, I was exploring these worlds knowing what I had to do, but with no drive to do them. I literally said to myself "I don't know if I want to do this". Unless you are going towards the ultima weapon and trying to platinum the game, there is basically no incentive or reason to do all the things that are optional. Compare it to KH1 & 2, everything you did gave you a sense of satisfaction and reward towards the next thing. Here, you tediously grind the same things in massive worlds and try looking for treasures which take far too long than they should. There is certainly stuff to do, but I dont think they are fun. The battle gates are decent and challenging, but thats the best you're going to get from my experience. Its just a shame and plenty of missed opportunities. Its as if so many things were scraped in development.

Ok enough of the negativity. With all those things out of the way, I can still recommend this game to anybody whether you're new to the series or a long time fan like myself. Just like any other KH game, the core gameplay is fun as hell and always will be. Combat is great (apart from the situation command stacking), the emotions kick in hard, the music makes every battle feel so epic, the story telling while complicated is also very well written and heart felt. I think it started and ended nicely for the Xehanort Saga and I was extremely satisfied with the game progression.

In a nutshell, buy this game. It is worth your time and it is worth your money.
    So much love has been crafted into the game and I'm sure there will be things you really like. Just don't get your hopes up on the end game. There's not much going for it there which is very sad to say.
  92. Feb 4, 2019
    Really good game, just about on par with the rest of the series, meaning its an enjoyable experience for fans.
  93. Feb 9, 2019
    Awesome game. Totally worth waiting for. The combat is fluid, the story concluded nicely, overall just a very fun game to play
  94. Feb 11, 2019
    I have been waiting for 13 years for this game. But I also realized the fact despite all the wait It has only been in development for 5-6 years. Therefore I adjusted my expectations and honestly for the length of development it has and the pressure from fans to release the game quickly, the output t is pretty impressive. The most glaring difference I can see is the focus on minigamesI have been waiting for 13 years for this game. But I also realized the fact despite all the wait It has only been in development for 5-6 years. Therefore I adjusted my expectations and honestly for the length of development it has and the pressure from fans to release the game quickly, the output t is pretty impressive. The most glaring difference I can see is the focus on minigames instead of postgame combat content. I understand some might not enjoy minigames, but personally I found it enjoyable. Expand
  95. Jan 29, 2019
    As a huge fan of the series, I have enjoyed most entries. In fact, the second game is my favourite game of all time. Kingdom Hearts III is no different here. It's an enjoyable and fantastic rollercoaster of a journey that shows just how much the series has grown while still remaining true to itself. This end to the Xehanort saga was an end that did not disappoint in the slightest.

Pros:

Pros:
    - Graphics and character/movie likeness are off the charts here. From visually stunning Pixar characters to scenes like the Let It Go segment from Frozen to the eerily good looking Pirates of The Caribbean world and characters, Kingdom Hearts III truly excels at presenting these properties; much more so than it ever has previously. Accuracy in voice, animation, models, particles and effects, lighting and everything in between is absolutely phenomenal. It was a joy to see childhood favourites of mine such as Buzz and Woody and Mike and Sulley in my favourite videogame series at last.

- The combat of Kingdom Hearts is my all time favourite gameplay of any game or series. This time the combat offers the most fun and amount of depth. It sticks to its roots and shoots further beyond with its new transformations, abilities, forms and keyblade leveling systems. It plays extremely well and while to some it may seem quite floaty, less quick and snappy than Kingdom Hearts II; it still keeps it quick and flashy. There's no denying the love and effort they have put in and how fresh it truly feels. The combat is certainly up there with II as the best combat in the series.

- Movie story representation/continuation is amazing and top notch while including Sora and co. into the movies. Some scenes look like they were just pulled right out of the movie!

- World designs are an improvement over Kingdom Hearts II which in many fans eyes felt empty and flat. There is a lot more platforming here and the world's are filled to the brim with detail and love. Each world also has it's own specific forms of gameplay included which keeps each world unqiue and fresh. They're also huge and all varied in setting.

- The music and overall story and conclusion is in my opinion the best of the series. Having immense knowledge of this series and it's narrative and all the little intricate details it entails, I am completely satisfied with the road this game takes. I don't want to spoil anything but I really really really enjoyed the story and cutscenes of this game. I hope those who are also massive fans will appreciate it as much as I did... For newcomers, it's certainly going to be less enjoyable and would be fairly confusing, but they would most likely have fun with the game.

Cons:
    - One of my favourite hub worlds from the series, Twilight Town, is back for Kingdom Hearts III. It's a beautiful world and what is present is a blast to the past... But I can't help but feel disappointed by the lack of areas this version of the world has. With only 3 recognisable sections, there is much to be desired in terms of how Twilight Town should have evolved. (atleast these areas are all now one area with no load screens!)

- For as much as this is a con, it's also a pro. When you find out there's only 8 Disney World's in the game, you'd imagine how fans could be upset... It's a small number of worlds and I can't help but feel like there should be just a few more. The pro to the small number is that these worlds are receiving the benefit of attention and quality. They are a joy to play in, being the biggest and most impressive worlds in the series in more ways than one. (Movie representation, graphics, world specific gameplay elements, map size, etc.)

- Not a con, but a personal complaint. WHERE IS HALLOWEEN/CHRISTMAS TOWN!? My man Jack Skellington deserved to have his world in incredible graphics and scale.

In conclusion, Kingdom Hearts III is incredible. It's fun to play, beautiful to look at, mesmerising to listen to and emotional and uplifting to watch the scenes. I'm proud of the team for accomplishing such a spectacular game. Well done, Tetsuya Nomura and the rest of Square Enix and the Osaka team. The wait was worth it and I look forward to the bright future of Kingdom Hearts. Those who dislike Kingdom Hearts are truly missing out and I'm super thankful to be a fan of this series. 10/10
  96. Jan 29, 2019
    Ha tardado mucho en llegara pero podemos decir que la espera ha valido la pena. El broche final perfecto para una saga que se ha ido contando poco a poco, el mejor juego de Kingdom Hearts sin duda.
  97. Jan 29, 2019
    Simply a masterpiece. Highly recommended to anyone who is a Kingdom Hearts fan.
  98. Feb 5, 2019
  99. Jan 29, 2019
    The time waiting for this game is totally worth it. As a Kingdom Hearts veteran I can just approve this game. The visuals are stunning, the story so deep and all of the previous game was needed to build it up. Kingdom Hearts is Game of Thrones among videogames.
  100. Jan 30, 2019
    I'll only say: graphically a ten, musically a ten and playability a ten, the only bad thing for now is that there is no master difficulty

1. May 31, 2019
    There is no doubt that Kingdom Hearts III will make long term fans moved or even cry. As for those new to the franchise, I believe they also can be satisfied because of tons of classic Disney elements and solid combat system, even though they could barely understand the main story.
  2. Apr 20, 2019
    If you like animated movies from Disney and Pixar, and you want to relieve some of the key moments, welcome to Kingdom Hearts 3.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 4, 2019
    A beautiful game with a dynamic combat, a lot of ideas and a heap of famous animated guests... However, aimed especially at people, who played the previous games. Newcomers could get lost in the story. [Issue#293]