7.5

1. Dec 14, 2018
    This game was the most pleasant surprise I had this year. I went in knowing nothing about it and had an absolute blast. The puzzles are pitched at just the right level that they don't delay you too long, but you still feel clever when you work them out. However it's the VR implementation that really shines for me - never before have I felt so in-touch with a VR world - subtle use of theThis game was the most pleasant surprise I had this year. I went in knowing nothing about it and had an absolute blast. The puzzles are pitched at just the right level that they don't delay you too long, but you still feel clever when you work them out. However it's the VR implementation that really shines for me - never before have I felt so in-touch with a VR world - subtle use of the controller vibration and some clever tricks really gave objects in the world a tactile sensation. I spent about 5 minutes just lifting up a dumbbell and a pot-plant trying to work out what the game was doing that made one of them "feel" heavier than the other. Outstanding. A little spooky in places but doesn't resort to any cheap jump-scares. Give it a go, you wont be disappointed. Expand

1. Jan 8, 2019
    Red Matter is the most immersive puzzle game I’ve played in a long time, thanks in no small part to how well it makes use of VR is utilised. The lighting and textures are staggering, the plot is intriguing and the game is well worth looking into. The caveats to this are that you can’t be the kind of person who gets motion sickness in VR and you have to be reasonably good at puzzles or you will not finish the game. It’s a bit short considering the £25 price point, but still worth a look for VR aficionados and Cold War sci-fi fans.
  2. Dec 21, 2018
    Red Matter is nothing short of a textbook example of how to do VR adventure games right. It emphasizes design and experience, putting immersion front and center, making a bullet-proof case for why it needs to be seen and played in VR. Short length and some troublesome puzzles betray its winning streak to some degree, but don’t change the fact that this is one sci-fi story you shouldn’t miss out on.
  3. Dec 20, 2018
    Red Matter is a fantastic adventure that manages to make everything interactive. Together with its great setting and story, it’s a very solid option for VR players.