8.8

1. Jan 25, 2019
    Omg, this game is absolutely amazing and awesome game ever i playing.. it is very scary. i have no problem with shooting zombies with many bullets.. Sound and voice acting are great.. graphic look stunning especially atmosphere details on everything i see.... Story and opening intro are great.. Thank You : Capcom for incredible job on this game. Please do remake for RE 3 Nemesis with JillOmg, this game is absolutely amazing and awesome game ever i playing.. it is very scary. i have no problem with shooting zombies with many bullets.. Sound and voice acting are great.. graphic look stunning especially atmosphere details on everything i see.... Story and opening intro are great.. Thank You : Capcom for incredible job on this game. Please do remake for RE 3 Nemesis with Jill Valentine for PS4 and PS5 Expand
  2. Jan 25, 2019
    This has to be the best re-imagining in the series yet. There's a lot of replayability Game is truly masterpiece! Capcom outdone themselves once again.
  3. Jan 25, 2019
    Being a fan of the series since 1996, I was skeptic first how this remake will end up. I am so surprised how well they preserved the atmosphere of the old game, and the way they achieved to improve it further.
  4. Jan 25, 2019
    BEST GAME EVER!!!!! Thats all I have got to say! If you call yourself a gamer than you MUST PLAY THIS!!!!
  5. Jan 25, 2019
    Once a masterpiece, always a masterpiece!!

Capcom has really done it with this amazing masterpiece and have gained themselves the title of King of Remakes!! This game is absolutely what I could've asked for. It has got RE4's view that actually fits perfectly! This game is a must play for everybody!!!
  6. Jan 25, 2019
    Absolute Masterpiece! The visuals are flawless the audio is superb! Headphones are strongly recommended! :)
  7. Jan 25, 2019
    One of my favorite game has revived. It is an excellent interpretation of the original.
  8. Jan 25, 2019
    Thank you Capcom!
    This remake is beautiful, the work done is great! 10/10.
    Now, waiting a remake of RE3, next year!
  9. Jan 26, 2019
    Thank your Yoshiaki Hirabayashi for this gift..
    Thank you CAPCOM..
    Thank you for fulfilling my dream of playing a remake of RE2..
    Thank you for making this masterpiece!!..
    Thank you!!!
  10. Jan 25, 2019
    One word.It's a masterclass.Capcom has done more than one outstanding job.The pure horror is back with resident evil 2 remake.You can recommend it to anyone who is interested in horror games. Nobody can pass it.The atmosphere of the game is simply breathtaking. For me a big contender for the game of the year 2019.other games that are yet to come will have a hard time keeping up with aOne word.It's a masterclass.Capcom has done more than one outstanding job.The pure horror is back with resident evil 2 remake.You can recommend it to anyone who is interested in horror games. Nobody can pass it.The atmosphere of the game is simply breathtaking. For me a big contender for the game of the year 2019.other games that are yet to come will have a hard time keeping up with a class of resident evil 2 remake.it's more than a Masterpiece.Every Gamer should have this game in his collection.Whether you are a resident evil fan or not. It is a must have game. Everything else would be a lie if you say that it would be bad.This game was a completely new experience for me. And that was very positive.the money is definitely worth it.

thanks capcom for making this game possible.
  11. Jan 29, 2019
    The game has been so.. altered in comparison with the original, that obviously it can no longer be considered a REMAKE, but a Reboot & that was not promised in 2015 by CAPCOM; Basically.., it's just another RE4, with a RE2 skin & mixed with elements of games like DOOM!
  12. Jan 25, 2019
    Been an RE fan for a while. Wait til this one is on sale. It’s an OTS shooter with zombies. Mechanics, gameplay, graphics.....it’s all been done better in older games. Replay Dead Space instead. I also get the impression all the high scores and good reviews were written by people fanboying/fangirling over the game because they think they’re supposed to. Your review doesn’t make you someBeen an RE fan for a while. Wait til this one is on sale. It’s an OTS shooter with zombies. Mechanics, gameplay, graphics.....it’s all been done better in older games. Replay Dead Space instead. I also get the impression all the high scores and good reviews were written by people fanboying/fangirling over the game because they think they’re supposed to. Your review doesn’t make you some special OG gamer. Just chill and remove the rose tinted glasses. Expand
  13. Jan 25, 2019
    This game has outdated graphics for a AAA linear game released 2019. The textures are awful. This game has barely any content, so why couldn't the graphics be any better? Gun sounds are a joke. The physics are beyond horrible. The story is generic with cringeworthy dialogue. The level design is boring and repetitive. The voice acting is atrocious. There is hardly any enemy variety.This game has outdated graphics for a AAA linear game released 2019. The textures are awful. This game has barely any content, so why couldn't the graphics be any better? Gun sounds are a joke. The physics are beyond horrible. The story is generic with cringeworthy dialogue. The level design is boring and repetitive. The voice acting is atrocious. There is hardly any enemy variety.

Despite being a $60 game, it lacks so much detail you would expect in full priced games. The gameplay is so outdated. I know it's a remake, but I still expect lots of detail in $60 games. You can't shoot through windows and the developers were too lazy to design the protagonists using the tools in real-time. The AI is so stupid and lazily designed, that the developers just made the zombies bullet sponges. The Tyrant is so annoying, and isn't even scary.

There is no multiplayer. So once you beat the campaigns, there is not a reason to touch this game again. There isn't even Raid Mode or Mercenaries to be found. Charging $60 for a game with no replay value is a cashgrab. It's pathetic that developers have gotten so lazy and greedy, they are starting to sell half of the game at full price. SP only and MP only games for $60 are a disgrace. I would have been fine with no multiplayer if the game was like $30 or less, but they were too greedy for that. I recommend you wait until this game is $5 or wait until it's free on PS Plus.
  14. Jan 25, 2019
    another modern game filled with profanity & blasphemy.. the Lord's Name is taken in vain throughout the entire game, and it's simply unacceptable!

I will not support nor play games where blasphemy is prevalent, and this game is filled with it. as for how good the gameplay, story & graphics are, that's irrelevant when the game is destroyed by profanity at every turn. I hope someday

as for how good the gameplay, story & graphics are, that's irrelevant when the game is destroyed by profanity at every turn. I hope someday video games will return to their former state in the 90's and early 2000's, where profanity was kept to it's minimum, and blasphemy wasn't prevalent.

just stop it already..!
  15. Mar 19, 2019
    ¡¡This thingy is basically the “Resident Evil 2: Shattered Memories” of the franchise!!
  16. Jan 25, 2019
    I loved it.
    Resident evil 2 influenced the way i will live for the rest of my life and not in just some half assed way.
  17. Jan 27, 2019
    Overwhelming Awesome. I wonder where CAPCOM hide those developers all these years since they made Code Veronica. Forget everything you know about Resident Evil (Even seven!) THIS is Resident Evil. I dont need a Farmhouse with crazy inhabitants. I need STARS, Leon S Kennedy, Claire Redfield and Umbrella. Lets just hope that CAPCOM stays on that course and maybe re-reboots the Series....again!
  18. Jan 25, 2019
    It,s a realy MASTERPIECE !!!! Bravisimo Capcom. I hope you,ll make RE3 Remake. It,s a Best game of 8-GEN for me.
  19. Jan 25, 2019
    Not only has Capcom done it again, they've really gone above and beyond the point that they needed to be at with this game. An instant masterpiece. Unless something that hasn't even been announced comes out this year, this gem is by far the GOTY.
  20. Jan 25, 2019
    Resident Evil 2 remake is a masterpiece, it is easily the best looking game of this generation, it has a gripping story and above all it's got thrilling and smooth gameplay. This game is very different from the original 1998 Resident Evil 2. This is definitely a remake, not a remaster but it is definitely the best remake of a retro game out there. This game is near perfect but I just haveResident Evil 2 remake is a masterpiece, it is easily the best looking game of this generation, it has a gripping story and above all it's got thrilling and smooth gameplay. This game is very different from the original 1998 Resident Evil 2. This is definitely a remake, not a remaster but it is definitely the best remake of a retro game out there. This game is near perfect but I just have one issue, that is Tyrant. The Tyrant is very annoying in this game, he chases after you a lot in the RPD and he has an unfair advantage over the player, I say that because he always knows where you are and he is invincible. He also gets in the way of puzzles that you are trying to complete by grabbing you or hitting you while you are trying to do something. He also blocks you from going to your destination quite a bit but he isn't there for long (depending on which scenario you play) and when he leaves, the game picks up the pace again. This isn't a huge issue its more of an irritation than anything else. Resident Evil 2 Remake has some of the best voice acting in the franchise and easily the best narrative. Overall Resident Evil 2 Remake is a masterpiece of a game, it gets so many things right and only a couple of things wrong. This game will probably be my personal GOTY for 2019. If you are into survival horror or a die hard fan of the series you should get this game. Expand
  21. Jan 25, 2019
    This is the zombie game I've always hoped for. My expectations were very high, but this game exceeds. It blends the true survival horror feeling of the original games with the updated over-the-shoulder perspective of the modern games. With this and RE7 back-to-back, it looks as if Capcom is back on form. Hopefully, the success of this means we'll see an RE3 remake in a similar vein at someThis is the zombie game I've always hoped for. My expectations were very high, but this game exceeds. It blends the true survival horror feeling of the original games with the updated over-the-shoulder perspective of the modern games. With this and RE7 back-to-back, it looks as if Capcom is back on form. Hopefully, the success of this means we'll see an RE3 remake in a similar vein at some point in the near future. In the meantime, I'm going to get back to frantically searching for keys whilst fighting off the undead hordes. Expand
  22. Jan 25, 2019
    its simply a masterpiece must play
    I got that feel like back in the day ... I can tell this game is even harder than the original (playing in hard mode)
    GOTY 2019
  23. Jan 26, 2019
    Best Resident Evil so far ❤️ i wish they made the other series like this one
  24. Jan 27, 2019
    This is a perfect remake of a great game. Honestly, if you ever cared just a tiny bit about RE, this will deeply satisfy you. They did a stellar job converting the original feeling to a modern age. RE4 Controls work perfectly and the visuals are downright stunning. Love it.
  25. Jan 25, 2019
    What I like in RE games is that it is horror, but it is fun at the same time. I like play a game that I can enjoy the action despite the dark theme of the story. And RE2 2019 is just all things that fans are asking for years. RE7 was good, but nothing can compare with the pleasure of playing with Leon, Claire, Jill and Chris.
  26. Jan 25, 2019
    wow what an incredible game,graphics, sound,animations,puzzles.,, all these things are incredible fit in the gameplay in brilliant way
  27. Jan 25, 2019
    Я начал ждать Resident Evil 2 ещё лет 5 назад. А когда Capcom анонсировали её, я очень сильно обрадовался. Прошло пару лет, и было чувство, что Capcom забили на ремейк. Ровно год назад, на 20-тилетие Resident Evil 2 1998-ого года, я думал и верил, что ремейк неожиданно или выпустят, или скажут что он доделывается. Ничего из этого не произошло. Началось лето, и вместе с ним E3 2018. На немЯ начал ждать Resident Evil 2 ещё лет 5 назад. А когда Capcom анонсировали её, я очень сильно обрадовался. Прошло пару лет, и было чувство, что Capcom забили на ремейк. Ровно год назад, на 20-тилетие Resident Evil 2 1998-ого года, я думал и верил, что ремейк неожиданно или выпустят, или скажут что он доделывается. Ничего из этого не произошло. Началось лето, и вместе с ним E3 2018. На нем окончательно и официально анонсировали ремейк. Я был просто счастлив. Но в придачу к этому, ремейк объявили лучше игрой выставки E3 2018. Я чувствовал такую гордость за Capcom, что не могу передать словами. А трейлеры игры я пересматривал за день десятками раз.

Перейдем к самой игре. Capcom идеально совместили стиль Resident Evil 4 и саму Resident Evil 2. Игра и страшная, и бодрая, и интересная, и с загадками, в общем, как мы любим. Игре вроде 21 год, но такое чувство, что это совсем другая игра. В чём-то это так и есть. Некоторые места ты сразу узнаешь, что в той или другой комнате поменяли. Но есть и совершенно новые комнаты. Сюжет идет совсем другой дорогой (в буквальном смысле). Если тут, играя за Клэр, ты на лифте Шефа Айронса возвращаешься в R.P.D., то в оригинале наоборот, ты выбираешься с его помощью. Не буду сильно спойлерить и портить ощущения от игры. Игру обязательно покупайте. Capcom в последнее время начала просыпаться и делать превосходные игры, как в былые времена.
    Оценка: 10/10
  28. Jan 28, 2019
    This is way better than RDR, and it should be no.1. There are no F*ck arounds in this game, no loot boxes and other rubbish, just blowing the f*ck out of zombies, it is pretty challenging, therefore the sense of accomplishment from finding key items needed to progress through the game is certainly there. The cutscenes so far are short and sweet, you actually get to play the game, notThis is way better than RDR, and it should be no.1. There are no F*ck arounds in this game, no loot boxes and other rubbish, just blowing the f*ck out of zombies, it is pretty challenging, therefore the sense of accomplishment from finding key items needed to progress through the game is certainly there. The cutscenes so far are short and sweet, you actually get to play the game, not listen to some lame f*cking story. Graphics are pretty good and gameplay mechanics are excellent. For sure this will keep me going until Days Gone and Dying Light 2 are released. Expand
  29. Jan 26, 2019
    This resident evil 2 is beautiful graphically, the atmosphere is enticing and the game keeps you on your feet throughout. Capcom has finally figured out the RE formula.
  30. Feb 10, 2019
    Great and the best resident evil game for me, ever.
    The atmosphere is so intense and the game play is very excited and
    i have so long time haven't been so much immersed into an video game.
  31. Jan 26, 2019
    This game is putrid, disgusting, violent, gory, vulgar, insane and I loved every minute of it. While the game has a few little things to nitpick about I won't even get into them because the positives are so high. The only bad reviews I have heard from this game so far are from people claiming to be Resident Evil "fans" who never even state a single valid point for why they are hating onThis game is putrid, disgusting, violent, gory, vulgar, insane and I loved every minute of it. While the game has a few little things to nitpick about I won't even get into them because the positives are so high. The only bad reviews I have heard from this game so far are from people claiming to be Resident Evil "fans" who never even state a single valid point for why they are hating on this game so much. I have heard that this game only gets good reviews because of the hype which is simply just not true. It's getting good reviews because fans of the series have waited forever for this and Capcom certainly delivered the goods. Read one review from a Jesus freak claiming the game is blasphemous and has too much vulgarity in it. That simply must be the case for someone who never actually even played the game and is just here to bash on it for being rated M for Mature. If you are that touchy about such a dumb subject matter than why in the world would you pick up an M rated game in the first place especially one in the Resident Evil series? Nothing disgusts me more than a person who doesn't play a game, but is more than glad to bash it saying that its too violent or that it is just popular due to hype. Did you ever think that once in awhile hype can actually pay off you morons? Also learn how to spell correctly and use proper grammar before you write a review for the whole internet to see you dolts! Great story, awesome gameplay and graphics and plenty of it takes me back to the good old days of playing the original with many of its settings. If you don't like this game than you are either not a fan of survival horror or you simply just don't get what sets this game apart from others in the genre. If you don't get into it than you just don't get into it that is all. Doesn't mean you have to give it a low score and complain about it so much. For example I never liked any of the "Halo" games ever. Doesn't mean I am going to deny the fact that they are actually good games with a great story and superb gameplay. Just because something is popular and you don't happen to enjoy it does not change the fact that overall its generally well received. Just too many children on this site is all I can say! Expand
  32. Jan 25, 2019
    Resident Evil is back for real. So many elements is nailed just right. Let me try and make it short and sweet.

Pros: + Graphics - Game look simply stunning, and it's wonderfully optimized, plays well on many configurations + Sound - from the eerie sound of your own footsteps to the creepy noises of the undead to the gunshots ringing out in the hallways, the sound design is simply

Pros:

+ Sound - from the eerie sound of your own footsteps to the creepy noises of the undead to the gunshots ringing out in the hallways, the sound design is simply perfection.

+ Atmosphere and nostalgia - They really nailed the feeling from the original Resident Evil 2 while still keeping it fresh and up to modern standards, as a Resident Evil fan that have played every single one of them, I am highly satisfied. And no I'm not just a completely fanboy that can't see wrong, recently Resident Evil 6 did a lot of things terribly and is possibly my least favorite game in the series.

+Gameplay - Compared to a lot of games that eventually lets you have the feeling of safety, Resident Evil 2 remake never gives you this. You don't have enough ammo to kill all enemies, if you don't board up the windows they'll keep coming at you. You'll have to bob and weave, shoot for the legs, run as fast as you can to avoid the enemies. And without spoiling too much you'll surely know what it means to be powerless, to just have to run for your life.

~Story - I consider this element neutral, the story is what it is, it's resident evil so it's kind of corny, it's just what the franchise is known for. If you've enjoyed previous entries I see no reason why you wouldn't enjoy this. If you're the kind of person looking for oscar nominee performances you're not going to find it here.

-Cons - It was really difficult to come up with something, yes the game can be brutally difficult and frustrating at times, but I don't really feel like this is a con as much as a "git gud" type of situation.

Through and through Capcom have made a home run with Remake 2 and I desperately hope to see them recreate other games in the franchise with the same attention to detail and passion to please it's core audience.

Can't recommend this game highly enough, in fact, if you by any chance is still reading, I beg you to buy the game, give Capcom a reason to keep producing these amazing games.
  33. Jan 25, 2019
    The greatest remake in all videogame's history...but.. is not a simple remake. Resident Evil 2 remake is a totally new game ..from the original title give only the atmosphere , storyline and some inspiration of location and enemies...for the rest is totally a new production.
    The tyrant, the zombies, the bosses are a great bastards!! The sound is epic and the playability is classic and modern at the same time. Marvellous!!! Thank U Capcom
  34. Jan 25, 2019
    This is all we looking for of a Original Resident Evil
    so much nostalgic so much soul i cant talk about what is this i hope soon we hear about resident evil 3 nemesis remake like this ...
  35. Jan 25, 2019
    el juego respeta la obra original del juego. mejora de manera profunda los personajes
  36. Jan 25, 2019
    I laughed...
    I cried...
    I experienced something that changed my life... In a nutshell, Resident Evil 2 influenced the way I will live for the rest of my life and not just in some half-assed way like any other game would. It legitimately moved me to make certain decisions, for better or for worse. In that sense, no other game can compare, as no other game has provided an equivalent
    I laughed...
    I cried...
    I experienced something that changed my life...

In a nutshell, Resident Evil 2 influenced the way I will live for the rest of my life and not just in some half-assed way like any other game would. It legitimately moved me to make certain decisions, for better or for worse. In that sense, no other game can compare, as no other game has provided an equivalent reaction on my part.
  37. Jan 27, 2019
    Thank you Capcom! In a world where things we once loved are being "rebooted" and destroyed along with pounded into the ground, Capcom has done something here truly special. They have brought a classic into the modern age all while maintaining what made it special and yet improving it in ways I didn't think would be possible. AND most importantly, they placed the fans first! Disney andThank you Capcom! In a world where things we once loved are being "rebooted" and destroyed along with pounded into the ground, Capcom has done something here truly special. They have brought a classic into the modern age all while maintaining what made it special and yet improving it in ways I didn't think would be possible. AND most importantly, they placed the fans first! Disney and pretty much every other company out there (in film, music, television and video games) should take notes and study from this. In fact, send interns to Capcom to learn how to do things right. Resident Evil 2 is simply a masterpiece in every regard. So happy I'm able to witness this. Expand
  38. Jan 26, 2019
    A fantastic balance of combat, horror, exploration and puzzle solving that never goes top-heavy in any of its gameplay elements. How they have managed to detail these nuances yet keep the game flowing and intuitive is an incredible feat in game design. Lighting, sound and general atmosphere reinforce the experience even more. I can not emphasise how great it is to start the year with aA fantastic balance of combat, horror, exploration and puzzle solving that never goes top-heavy in any of its gameplay elements. How they have managed to detail these nuances yet keep the game flowing and intuitive is an incredible feat in game design. Lighting, sound and general atmosphere reinforce the experience even more. I can not emphasise how great it is to start the year with a game that is fun, fresh and hasn't been pushed out the door half-finished for a quick buck. Respect for Capcom and their Resident Evil 2 team, respect. Expand
  39. Jan 26, 2019
    I consider this as one of the best remake game ever. With the realistic graphics and an amazing yet scary atmosphere, they really did a great job in remaking this game. Kudos to creators and the company.
  40. Jan 26, 2019
    An absolute amazing remake and a must play for survival horror fans.
    I loved the atmosphere, story, and puzzles, and Capcom has done a great job on remaking every piece of the 1998 classic while also keeping it fresh for the long time fans.
  41. Jan 26, 2019
    Created an account just to leave a review for this game. I remember playing the first RE on the original Playstation - that first zombie encounter in the mansion is an experience I'll never forget. Since then have managed to play every single RE in the franchise. RE2 was my absolutely favorite of the whole series not just because of the gameplay but also the story/lore behind it and howCreated an account just to leave a review for this game. I remember playing the first RE on the original Playstation - that first zombie encounter in the mansion is an experience I'll never forget. Since then have managed to play every single RE in the franchise. RE2 was my absolutely favorite of the whole series not just because of the gameplay but also the story/lore behind it and how awesome it was to play two difference perspectives. I sunk 100's of hours into that game. The remake is no different and actually enhances/brings me back to those memories. The dread, the horror of encountering zombies for the first time. The lickers being dangerously scary to encounter. Hats of to CAPCOM and the creators of this masterpiece for sticking to the original theme and still giving us a powerful gaming experience. This is hands down the best nostalgia experience I've had in gaming in a long time and I can't wait to sink in 100's of more hours fully exploring the depths of what this game offers. From a long time fan of the series. Thank you! Expand
  42. Jan 25, 2019
    no lutbox!)) EA,Blizzard, Ubosoft HELLOW! GREAT game! cd project red we waiting cyberpunk!
  43. Jan 25, 2019
    THIS GAME IS AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE AND NOTHING BELOW 10!! Must buy this game if you are a true gamer! THANK YOU SO MUCH CAPCOM!!
  44. Jan 25, 2019
    Wonderful game, with beautiful and gorgeous graphics. A huge honor to who played the original in 1998.
  45. Jan 26, 2019
    I've been a fan since the 1st game released, it scared the hell out of me as a 10 year old and I was hooked to the series ever since. Now as a 32 year old this game really brought me back to my childhood and made me feel like that 10 year old all over again, it was nice to have that feeling.

I only had a chance so far to play Leon A and Claire B I did not play Claire A and Leon B yet but I have to say that this remake is amazing and is better than the original in almost every way ( except the soundtrack which can be purchased as dlc for free if you bought deluxe edition)

Capcom went above and beyond with this remake. There are a few nitpicks like the game takes place in 1998 but they have some items and other stuff that dont fit with the time period, it's not a big deal and there are only a few times I noticed it in the game (mainly in the police department) Another nitpick would be when Mr X is following you it is awesome but there is a couple places he can not follow you and instead he will wait outside the door and punch you once you exit and there is not much you can do about it. I also didn't really care much for the sewer area but then again I don't like any sewer area in any game .

Leon A took me 7 h 34 m and Claire B took me 4h 54 m

Graphics - 10
    Sound - 10
    Game play - 9
    Replay value- 10

Total - 9.8 /10

@AlexFromNorway - You do know that they plan on completely removing all user reviews off of websites like metacritic and it's because of dumb "reviews" like yours. Why play a zombie game if you do not like gore or things that go against the bible? Also if your virgin ears can't listen to swear words then maybe you need to play games that are rated E...
  46. Jan 26, 2019
    This is the remake we have been looking for!

Play history: Resident Evils 2 - 6 plus some spinoffs. Wow! That is my first impression. This game is what I've been looking for after some disappointing titles. Survivor horror is back, never been so 'can't play by myself' scared playing this since Alien Isolation. Gone are the guns and **** load of ammo from REs 5 and 6 which to me
    This is the remake we have been looking for!

Play history: Resident Evils 2 - 6 plus some spinoffs.

Wow! That is my first impression. This game is what I've been looking for after some disappointing titles. Survivor horror is back, never been so 'can't play by myself' scared playing this since Alien Isolation. Gone are the guns and **** load of ammo from REs 5 and 6 which to me were more action games than survival horror.

One thing about this game is the simplicity of things. Simple as in the HUD and in game menus not the gameplay!! Exactly how it was with the original but now with excellent visuals and detail. From the bullet wounds on zombies faces when you shoot them to the bite marks and claw marks on your player from a recent tussle with a licker.

They still kept the over the shoulder view from the previous games but removed one really annoying thing. No more QTEs!! (Quick Time Events). Just pure tactics whether to run, shoot or knife your way to certain areas. Smart use of wooden planks to barricade windows in key areas. Once you get your bearings and consider yourself a badass zombie killer, the game throws in a spanner in the works in the form of "The Tyrant". One mean mutha about 9 ft tall mutant wearing a trench coat. Looks like a roid raging Nick Valentine from Fallout 4. This guy is indestructible and will chase you down and pummel you until you're a meat pie that has been run over by a truck.
    The only time I've died not due to the Tyrant's bommy knocker arms but actually running away from him into a pack of lickers that weren't in the corridor before. Trademark of RE games, areas change every time usually when you've picked a quest item (like a key to a locked door ) they will make you run a gauntlet to get it to where you need to go. I applaud the hardcore players who play it on the highest difficulty.

One thing missing but don't think would be plausible is online or split screen co op. Leon and Claire didn't really set out together in the main storyline so I didn't think co op would work.

Don't have to be a RE fan to enjoy this. If you love the scare, survival horror and the feeling of hopelessness this game is for you. Hope they remake RE3 which was my favourite along with RE4.
  47. Jan 25, 2019
    RE-IMAGINED RE2 IS SO. FREAKING. GOOD!
    Yup this is not a remake its an actual reimagination, even if you played it before its 100% worth playing again
  48. Jan 25, 2019
    I'm impressed with this game! I've played Resident Evil since the First, I played spin offs too, but this one undoubtedly is the BEST resident evil of all! Gameplay in the right measure between horror and action, perfect horror atmosphere, survial horror sensation with managing items and features, is simply phenomenal. Another detail is the "come and go" to use key items. Capcom did aI'm impressed with this game! I've played Resident Evil since the First, I played spin offs too, but this one undoubtedly is the BEST resident evil of all! Gameplay in the right measure between horror and action, perfect horror atmosphere, survial horror sensation with managing items and features, is simply phenomenal. Another detail is the "come and go" to use key items. Capcom did a great job, Masterpiece! Expand
  49. Jan 26, 2019
    Reconstruction is one of the best and greatest games of all time, my god is great, never miss this game.
  50. Jan 25, 2019
    Masterpiece! Beautiful looking game! It deserves all the praise and good reviews it gets.
  51. Jan 28, 2019
    As a long time fan who played and enjoyed the original at release, this remake is the definition on how remakes should be. It captured the intense environment of RE as never before. This is a RE game that actually scared me and made me feel pressure in certain parts which is what i need from a survival horror game.
    The engine used (RE ENGINE) has been improved from RE7 and the new camera
    The engine used (RE ENGINE) has been improved from RE7 and the new camera angels works almost perfectly (few spots where a bit awkward).
    The re-imagination of the RE2 story is perfect, as a fan of the lore i couldn't be happier.
    The game is lengthy enough to enjoy it but not long enough to discourage second breakthroughs.
    New comers to the series will enjoy it as much as older fans, this game combines the best of being a huge fan-service to the original and offering new perspective to new comers.
    It plays great, it looks great and its scary.
    If you're a fan of the above mentioned; this game is a MUST.
  52. Jan 28, 2019
    I couldn't have imagined it would be this good. It's the perfect reboot of RE2. Perfect!
  53. Jan 27, 2019
    The Resident Evil games on PS1 stand as my all-time favorite series so expectations were high for this greatly anticipated remake. Resident Evil on PS4 has lived up to every expectation. The game-play has evolved to fit within today's standards while keeping enough of the original in tact to please old school gamers like myself. The nostalgic moments the game creates are uncanny and I'veThe Resident Evil games on PS1 stand as my all-time favorite series so expectations were high for this greatly anticipated remake. Resident Evil on PS4 has lived up to every expectation. The game-play has evolved to fit within today's standards while keeping enough of the original in tact to please old school gamers like myself. The nostalgic moments the game creates are uncanny and I've been enjoying every minute. The atmosphere is dark, suspenseful and terrifying and when the Tyrant (Mr.X) joins the fray, there isn't a moment without tension thereafter. New mechanics, locations, and many surprises throughout are very welcomed additions while throwbacks are a plenty as well. It is highly recommended to get the deluxe edition complete with the original soundtrack swap (which will bring back so many memories from the original). Overall, the game has been everything Resident Evil fans have been asking for and more. The two stories of Leon and Claire are different enough to act as two separate games and the "2nd run" mode switches everything up enough to keep it fresh through four different playthroughs. Capcom came through for Resident Evil fans everywhere with such a successful effort that a Resident Evil 3 remake is a foregone conclusion. Expand
  54. Jan 27, 2019
    First of all , I hate horror games ! However , I beat RE2 with horror and satisfaction , Finally I'd like give it a 10/10
  55. Jan 27, 2019
    BEST GAME EVER! Thank you Capcom. This is the zombie game I've always hoped for. My expectations were very high, but this game exceeds.
  56. Jan 26, 2019
    This is game is a really challenging specially on hardcore. It's a true horror to the core. No loot boxes and no BS. It's worth every penny you spend on it.
  57. Jan 25, 2019
    Quite possibly the best remake I have ever played. It is terrifying, fun, looks amazing, and makes the original look like trash by comparison. Capcom has really nailed it with this game.
  58. Jan 25, 2019
    +Phenomenal graphics and animations
    +60fps
    +Excellent gameplay +Great soundscape +Respectful remastering of the original 90's game -Old school gameplay may put off newer players -HDR seems broken/off regardless of calibration Playing this on my ps4 pro 4ktv BLEW MY MIND. This is a top-of-class ots shooter coupled with a fantastic story and incredibly detailed visuals sporting
    +Phenomenal graphics and animations
    +60fps
    +Excellent gameplay
    +Great soundscape
    +Respectful remastering of the original 90's game
    -Old school gameplay may put off newer players
    -HDR seems broken/off regardless of calibration

Playing this on my ps4 pro 4ktv BLEW MY MIND. This is a top-of-class ots shooter coupled with a fantastic story and incredibly detailed visuals sporting 60fps framerate. A technological marvel given the jaguar cpu cores limitations, Capcom have produced what I will describe as an exceptionally good remaster of resident evil 2 here. I have had doubts in the past, for some time now of the capabilities of japanese game developers that seem to struggle when it comes to producing the higher budget AAA quality games that have been around since xbox360-ps3 era, but capcom have been the exception to this of late. If you are a fan of the original this simply is a MUST PURCHASE!
  59. Jan 27, 2019
    9.9/10 I missed few thing and was little disappointed they were not included. Probably one of the best game ever made.
  60. Jan 26, 2019
    One of the best games I've EVER played. Just fantastic level design, great enemy AI, great cutscenes and voice acting, runs great on pc, great 3d audio on pc atmos, I love it. It's scary watch out!
  61. Jan 25, 2019
    This is a remake that is not a remake at all! The game is perfect and the element of Survivel Horror is just great, for a long time I have not been so happy! This is when I made a pre-order and did not regret it! 10/10 I’m waiting for remake 3 and Veronica’s Code! The game is worth the money and it is commendable!
  62. Jan 26, 2019
    OMG OMG
    MY childhood is come back! Thank you so much CAPCOM for remaking this legend. I hope to see dino crisis and resident evil 3 remake in the future.
  63. Jan 25, 2019
    Este es claramente el mejor remake de un videojuego de la historia, 100000/10
  64. Jan 25, 2019
    A brutal change The best that capcom has done in years is almost a perfect game
  65. Jan 25, 2019
    Simply one of the best resident evil games in recent years. Capcom have done a great job on this game and they managed to respect the original while creating something bran new. I recommend it to RE fans, fans of survival horror and people simply looking for a good game.
  66. Jan 28, 2019
    Yes Yes and Hell Yes. 20 years and you are finally here. Even as a remake it sets a new bar what these type of games should be.
  67. Jan 27, 2019
    This is my 1st review at Metacritic.com and I've registered just to say:

BUY IT, MASTERPIECE, this remember my childhood, the perfection in details, the sound is SUPERB, (Spoiler: MR X footprint sound, playing in a 5.1 system is totally AMAZING), the environment sound respecting each room is insane, I've been feeling the real zombie apocalypse Resident Evil Remake 1 was the best
    This is my 1st review at Metacritic.com and I've registered just to say:

Resident Evil Remake 1 was the best until now however RE 2 Remake is better!No loading time, the atmosphere, the details! Thank you Capcom to hear your fans
  68. Jan 26, 2019
    As a fan of zombie games especially Resident Evil franchises, I definitely recommend this game. GOTY 2K19!!!!!
  69. Jan 26, 2019
    Best game ever and if you love playing games then i would say this game is must to play for every gamer!!
  70. Jan 25, 2019
    The original was a masterpiece and the remake is nothing short of an incredible masterpiece. i fell in love with the RE series all over again with this title. Capcom truly have outdone themselves here. This game is now not only my game of the year (2019) but game of this generation, in its genre without a doubt. Please Capcom continue with this formula as it was perfection. Thank you forThe original was a masterpiece and the remake is nothing short of an incredible masterpiece. i fell in love with the RE series all over again with this title. Capcom truly have outdone themselves here. This game is now not only my game of the year (2019) but game of this generation, in its genre without a doubt. Please Capcom continue with this formula as it was perfection. Thank you for this amazing experience. i recommend this game to everyone, even if horror tittles scare you. Simply nothing short of spectacular. Expand
  71. Jan 25, 2019
    Nostalgic. This game brought back so many memories of what true survival horror should feel like. Few games over the past 20 years have managed to make me feel so tense. Graphically it's on par with some of the best this generation of console has to offer. The environment alone, with lighting, smoke effects and sound just add so much to the overall feel. This RE engine is wonderful. I wishNostalgic. This game brought back so many memories of what true survival horror should feel like. Few games over the past 20 years have managed to make me feel so tense. Graphically it's on par with some of the best this generation of console has to offer. The environment alone, with lighting, smoke effects and sound just add so much to the overall feel. This RE engine is wonderful. I wish there was more variety in the two different sides of playing as Leon and Claire but everything else made up for what was lacking in that regard. Now can you please do the same thing with 3 and 4?! Expand
  72. Jan 26, 2019
    Easily the best RE game I've played since RE 4, RE 2 Remake combines most of the best parts of previous games and packages it in a remake of, arguably, the best game from the first 3 games in the series.
    Literally everything from the ground up has been upgraded for the Remake. The game has the over-the-shoulder perspective from RE 4 make a comeback and in a very well done way. RE 7 makes an appearance with its menus and inventory system being used for the game, as well as basically being in the same engine. And RE 3 makes an appearance with the re-introduction of Mr. X, or as he goes by in this game, the Tyrant. The Tyrant will be the most divisive part of the game as he's unrelenting in perusing you from the moment he's introduced, which makes traversing the RPD and doing the puzzles much more difficult as there's really no way to get him off your back. It's a good challenge though and makes those sequences much more enjoyable, at least for me, since the game encourages multiple play throughs and, after completing the game once, you'll already have a very good understanding of the game moving forward.
    Speaking of multiple playthroughs, the main draw of the game is the fact that you play through the campaign as both Leon and Claire and seeing both of their storylines as they happen, supposedly at the same time. Each campaign will probably take an average player about 8-12 hours to complete the first time through. There's also the "B" side campaigns which act as almost a randomizer for the other character who you didn't play through initially who go through the RPD building in a different sequence. It was very well done 20 years ago and they did an excellent job at keeping that in tact for the Remake.
    The characters are very well done too. Each story is loving crafted for the modern day, and there are some story elements that have been added to both characters' storylines that will make even the most hardcore fan of the original game appreciate how much time was put into the game. The graphics are absolutely amazing too as each character looks very well done, including the zombies.
    Overall, this is a game that's hard to pass up for pretty much anybody. The horror elements are really well done and, if all companies treated their remakes like this one, the already overwhelming amount of them would be much easier to stomach. It's not often you get a Game of the Year candidate in January but this is easily the best and most polished game I've played since God of War last year. This is an easy purchase and an even easier recommendation for me to make to anyone who has even a passing interest in video games.
  73. Jan 26, 2019
    O melhor remake do todos os tempos, supera inclusive o remake do Resident Evil 1. Gráficos extremamente lindos, clima de terror intenso e constante. Um dos melhores jogos de horror já feitos.
  74. Jan 25, 2019
    Some of my best memories involve me and my friends playing Resident Evil 2 over, and over, and over again. We scoured every inch the game had to offer, we loved it. Naturally when I heard the remake was coming I contacted friends from my childhood, some of which I hadn't seen in almost 10 years and we all got together and started the game at exactly midnight. It is safe to say that I amSome of my best memories involve me and my friends playing Resident Evil 2 over, and over, and over again. We scoured every inch the game had to offer, we loved it. Naturally when I heard the remake was coming I contacted friends from my childhood, some of which I hadn't seen in almost 10 years and we all got together and started the game at exactly midnight. It is safe to say that I am a little biased but that shouldn't take away from the fact that Resident Evil 2 Remake is a well crafted, quality game. Everything from visuals to sound design really shined, and the anxiety I got when zig-zagging through tight hallways trying to preserver what precious little ammo I had. The map was my best friend. Planning routes is essential to getting around RE2, and can REALLY help you when it comes to supplies you had to pass up thanks to a full inventory. As long as you look at something it will be marked on the map. That way you can always go back and grab ammo, herbs, keys, etc. Like the original, you will also find a lot of "files" that tell their own story, and it was a joy to read them. Granted, so far I have only played the first scenario with Leon, and I am more than halfway through with Claire's first scenario, but I think it's more than safe to say that this will be considered one of the greatest survival horror games to release, and very well might put survival horror back on the top, where they were in the 90's. If you like survival horror, this is a must play. Expand
  75. Jan 27, 2019
    We can safely say that the Resident Evil series has 2 of best video game remakes of all time. Resident Evil 2 is one of the best survival horror games in recent memories. This game is both appealing to old and new fans alike. It's able to combine the horror aspect of the classics and combine it with gameplay of Resident Evil 4 while not making the players feel overpowered. It has some someWe can safely say that the Resident Evil series has 2 of best video game remakes of all time. Resident Evil 2 is one of the best survival horror games in recent memories. This game is both appealing to old and new fans alike. It's able to combine the horror aspect of the classics and combine it with gameplay of Resident Evil 4 while not making the players feel overpowered. It has some some of the best visuals I have ever seen and tight controls that gives me that tense feeling all the time. Also the game no doubt has the best looking zombies in gaming. The details on those zombies made me have nightmares all the time. The gunplay is satisfying and item management is superb. All in all, this game manages to satisfy both hardcore and new players alike. I highly recommend this to new player. Expand
  76. Jan 26, 2019
    THIS, THIS IS HOW RESIDENT EVIL SHOULD BE. This remake is literally perfect, incredibly well done capcom. Hardcore mode is survival horror incarnate and downright nasty. Please do RE3 Nemesis next and make it just as brutal.
  77. Jan 25, 2019
    This is coming from a man who played the entire RE series and a classic fan.
    I don't think there is a game that was under more pressure than this one.
    The original being the classic it was, and the wait of 17 years, all these factors made its success a "MUST" if Capcom wanted the series to get back to the right tract. And they definitely delivered. They took the series to a whole new
    This is coming from a man who played the entire RE series and a classic fan.
    I don't think there is a game that was under more pressure than this one.
    And they definitely delivered.
    They took the series to a whole new level with incredible graphics and great gameplay mechanics. The zombies are the best looking and most difficult to kill compared to any other zombie game, it definitely restored our fear of zombies from the original RE.
    The lickers are terrifying and Mr.X is very intimidating when chasing you.
    The story sucks you in deeply whether its Claire or Leon, all this while still remaining faithful to the original RE2.
    Bottom line is...Perfection is what this game is!
  78. Jan 25, 2019
    Best Game of 2019!!! This game you must play!! One of the best games of all time!
  79. Jan 25, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first time I played resident evil 2, almost 16 years ago, I felt fear but mostly uncertainty, the uncertainty of not knowing what is going to happen next door weather should I do? go on or look for a typewriter. Now playing this remake I not just feel the same but that feeling got strengthened, the uncertainty became paranoia; the darkness along with the sound FX becomes your imagination into your worst enemy. Every time you have to decide kill the enemy or save ammo and every ammunition counts. I still remember killing a zombie in resident evil 2 with 5 or 6 rounds max and always having at least enough ammo, that`s something that is not going to happen here. Mr. X has been never so unstoppable in all the resident evil saga.
    CAPCOM NAILED IT, IF YOU ARE A VETERAN IN RESIDENT EVIL CLASSICS PLAYING IN HARD.
    Saludos desde Argentina!!!.
  80. Jan 25, 2019
    Capcom has managed to bring back the original feel of the old style survival horror and bring it back in the most fantastic way possible. Familiar surroundings yet new and great attention to depth of characters while respecting their old portrayals. Resident Evil 2 Remake is a start in the right direction and I hope Capcom continue to move this way forward. Thanks Capcom and team! You nailed it!
  81. Jan 25, 2019
    Simplesmente incrível. Uma obra de arte e com certeza um dos melhore remakes já feitos na historia dos vídeo games.
  82. Jan 27, 2019
    The feel of RE4 with the graphics of RE7. This was such an incredible experience I played for 8 hours and beat the game in one day. This is the most scared I’ve been from a video game in a long time.
  83. Feb 15, 2019
    This is not only a great remake but that's the way Capcom should be doing Resident Evil from now onwards. Forget about the action packed RE 5 and 6 and please let the first person camera go way. This is the perfect balance for Resident Evil.
  84. Jan 27, 2019
    Well done Capcom. This is what we want!!

Great graphics, 60FPS on PS4 Pro, addicting gameplay, the sound is amazing and the deluxe edition lets you switch the music to the original RE2 soundtrack!!

Playing on PS4 Pro but I will also buy this game for PC!! You deserve every support for this masterpiece Capcom!
  85. Jan 26, 2019
    i want to give this game 11/10 but i can't. Best Resident Evil game i wish they made the other series like this one.
  86. Jan 25, 2019
    Most demanding remake is finally out, Resident Evil 2 is back!

No need to say much about the game itself but is this “remake” is beyond of our expectations ? Absolutely yes. Resident Evil 2 Remake brings both old school elements and newer gameplay mechanics together into this new installment. This game is a brand new one that created from the scratch, it’s not a simple “remade” title
    Most demanding remake is finally out, Resident Evil 2 is back!

This game is a brand new one that created from the scratch, it’s not a simple “remade” title at all. The main campaign is loyal to the original one but all of the places we visiting are redesigned. This is a so bloody, scary and so gory game after all. It has a lot jump scare moments. I can clearly say that graphic content is high. The overall gameplay is quite good, aiming is not messy. We have all the classic weapons along with the some special melee items. Higher difficulty is not unforgiving (even the headshot is useless against zombies). Inventory and weapon slots are easy to use, camera is right and control is smooth. The developers removed the alternate moves such as; dodge in order to keep the originality, which is cool for me. Puzzles are also changed but not so frustrating. They kept the “limited ammo-high surviving skill” formula at there which is the core basis of the very first Resident Evil game. Boss battles are not so hype or complex unfortunately. They should’ve been better i think.

**Resident Evil 2: Lights Out Edition**

The game has incredible graphics, hands down! Best RE game ever created, but a few issues here that i have to mention; the game is quite darky at most of the part of the game. Yet again, Leon and Claire have amazing models (and of course Ada too) and the whole effects are perfectly done (raining, flame, blowups etc.). In addition to this “lighting” problems, the game still behind of the Darkside Chronicles in certain parts which was a disappointing for me. Some cut-scenes were not satisfying.
    Sound effects are not so great but not so ordinary as well; gun sounds could’ve been better that’s it. The game’s newer OST doesn’t give that epic ambiance as much as the old one gives, but it’s still good (the deluxe version let you use old soundtrack if you have it). Voice acting is also great, so you can notice that during the cinematics.

**Extras & Verdict**

The game has some extras for fun, but my personal option that they’re still deficient for an AAA quality game anyway. An example,they could make HUNK’s mission a little longer. But this is a Resident Evil game after all, and it offers everything we need in a decent RE game. It still has 4 different scenarios as they exist in the original one but with the slight changes of course. I wish I could see some extra scenes from the original tho.
    Resident Evil 2 Remake is a successful title, no doubt it will be one of the most played game of the 2019. Despite some of it’s flaws, enjoy the game over and over. Play on.
  87. Jan 25, 2019
    I've been waiting almost 20 years for this! Capcom did not disappoint.

It has "that feel" of the original games. Please capcom MAKE RESIDENT EVIL 3 NEMESIS!!!!!
  88. Jan 27, 2019
    Game of the year no doubt this game is so perfect :D
    This is how you do a remake respecting the original and making it better
  89. Jan 27, 2019
    The game is legend. Superb gameplay. Excellently balanced. It keeps your tension up almost all the time. The use of sound to keep you p****** in your pants is remarkable. You are going to hate the game for what it does to you, but you will love it, nonetheless. Hardcore is hard but very enjoyable. Standard… not much easier if you are doing ‘too well’ as game adjusts automatically theThe game is legend. Superb gameplay. Excellently balanced. It keeps your tension up almost all the time. The use of sound to keep you p****** in your pants is remarkable. You are going to hate the game for what it does to you, but you will love it, nonetheless. Hardcore is hard but very enjoyable. Standard… not much easier if you are doing ‘too well’ as game adjusts automatically the difficulty (zombies start moonwalking, covering their head with shoulders or back while walking towards you, dancing around your aim and troll you, and take a many, many headshots to die, and even when dead, maybe they will feel like coming back to file). The aiming system and tanking zombies are a gameplay pillar as this is what prevents you from rushing everything and ruining the experience of a Survivor Horror. Passing by zombies is very dangerous as they will jump on right away if you are within reach. Despite all that, you will love it, and will look towards getting your revenge by coming back at them after finishing game in time with infinite ammo. Graphics and animations are best of the best. Oh my if the keep doing future games with such mastery like this one. Expand
  90. Jan 26, 2019
    Huge. One of the greatests games ever. One of my favorites games of the franchise.
  91. Jan 28, 2019
    issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss amaaaaaaaaaazingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
  92. Jan 27, 2019
    Capcom has hit it straight out of the park. I grew up with the original in 1998 and it's one of my favourite games of all time. This game is a terrifying re-imagining of the original and worth every penny. Slight story and location tweaks have really made this a fresh new experience!!

RE3 Now please :D
  93. Feb 2, 2019
    Once a masterpiece,Always a masterpiece!!! A must buy!! Thank you Capcom!!Now you must focus on remaking Resident Evil 3!!
  94. Jan 30, 2019
    Este juego es absolutamente increíble, supera al original en todo, yo he jugado mas de media docena de veces al original RE2 y es uno de mis Resident evil favorito de todos los tiempos, lo que Capcom hizo con este remake es sencillamente una obra de arte.
  95. Jan 27, 2019
    We could call this a masterpiece all right. The atmosphere, the mechanics, the new additions, and there is more to come with additional (free) content. When you are presented with a game with such quality, there are no words. I can not give it a 10, because the 10 is reserved for the perfect game and to my knowledge that doesn't exist. Thank you Capcom, yes this game is GOTY material andWe could call this a masterpiece all right. The atmosphere, the mechanics, the new additions, and there is more to come with additional (free) content. When you are presented with a game with such quality, there are no words. I can not give it a 10, because the 10 is reserved for the perfect game and to my knowledge that doesn't exist. Thank you Capcom, yes this game is GOTY material and we're still in January. Go buy it. You won't be disappointed. And it's at a reduced price. 59 euros for this masterpiece is simply fantastic. The quality is simply overwhelming. Expand
  96. Jan 30, 2019
    This game is a **** monument. I say this while I'm listening the theme of the game ¨Collapse¨. A monument.
  97. Jan 29, 2019
    As someone who's never played the original Resident Evil 2, this is probably one of my favorite games of this generation. It comes so close to being perfect; The only lack luster aspects of the game are the somewhat underwhelming story and characters, but it still makes for an engaging enough plot with decent enough characters to keep you invested and care. The true nature of thisAs someone who's never played the original Resident Evil 2, this is probably one of my favorite games of this generation. It comes so close to being perfect; The only lack luster aspects of the game are the somewhat underwhelming story and characters, but it still makes for an engaging enough plot with decent enough characters to keep you invested and care. The true nature of this masterpiece is the atmosphere, it's level design, the amazingly well rendered and animated monsters, and the sense of desperation as you try to survive with the limited resources that you have. Despite enemies getting somewhat repetitive over halfway through the game, they always manage to be unpredictable and creepy till the end. The true star of the show is mr. X, stalking you from Corridor to corridor with this heavy, loud, echoing steps, vibrating throughout shafts and wooden planks of hallways and rooms. The survival elements are great and well-balanced. Resource Management comes down to organization, Scavenging, crafting, and making sure that you're always prepared at any moment. If you're not, be prepared for hell or likely even death. The amount of content here is fantastic. You can play as either Leon or Claire in two different playthroughs, using different weapons as well as having different story moments and different characters you encounter and play as. As well as there being different modes like the fourth Survivor, second scenarios, costumes, concept art, character models and hardcore mode, and more. This game is fantastic; I wholeheartedly recommend that you buy this game if you love survival horror. Expand
  98. Feb 4, 2019
    a masterpiece a masterpiece a masterpiece a masterpiece a masterpiece a masterpiece a masterpiece a masterpiece a masterpiece
  99. Feb 25, 2019
    By far the best Resident Evil game in the series. Without spoiling anything, the remake really did justice because the game is as good if not better then the original Resident Evil 2 on the Playstation. The graphic is superb and the music is astounding, the game also managed to capture the eerie feeling of what it feels like to play through a survivor horror game. The puzzles in the gameBy far the best Resident Evil game in the series. Without spoiling anything, the remake really did justice because the game is as good if not better then the original Resident Evil 2 on the Playstation. The graphic is superb and the music is astounding, the game also managed to capture the eerie feeling of what it feels like to play through a survivor horror game. The puzzles in the game is well make and could be challenging at times but every single time I feel rewarded when I manage to pass through a puzzle that was throw towards me.

All and all Capcom did a really good job on the remake and I don't think anyone could asked them to do a better job. The game not only manage to capture the nostalgia aspect with the older Resident Evil fans but they also manage to make the gameplay even better then the original. After playing this game, I am truly confident to say that if Capcom ever decide to Remake Resident Evil 3 in the future, I have no problem believing in them to nail any future installment for the Resident Evil series.
  100. Jan 28, 2019
    Bought this wonderful game yesterday (should have pre-ordered by the way). Play from 5pm to damn near 10pm very addictive. I want to go home and kill more zombies, but school work calls.

1. Mar 14, 2019
    Resident Evil 2 is a wonderful recreation of a believed original that, not only recaptures the glory of that game, but also improves upon it from a visual and gameplay standpoint. All in all, don’t miss out on this one.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Feb 28, 2019
    When this enthralling hybrid is delivering blood by the bucketload and thrills by the dozen, you won't exactly be thinking about what it isn't. [Issue#330, p.110]
  3. Feb 25, 2019
    This remake not only honours the original, it makes it better. The result? Great fun and true survival horror experience.