7.6

1. Feb 17, 2019
    Degraded visuals and sound quality subpar compared to ps4 version as of February 17, 2019. I trust that the Nintendo Switch can handle better sound and visual quality loads and look forward to a performance upgrade. The game is still enjoyable, particularly in handheld mode.

Dear Nintendo and Square Enix, give us a visual and sound upgrade. Please and thank you.
  2. Kvr
    Feb 14, 2019
    I own this gem of a game on PS1, Steam, Android, PS4 but still I needed it on my switch, this is one of my favorite games of all time! Look everyone knows this is one of the best FF there is so I don't need to explain that here. But there is something wrong with this version, the sound quality is really compressed, so it doesn't sound good, there is no bass... and I feel that there areI own this gem of a game on PS1, Steam, Android, PS4 but still I needed it on my switch, this is one of my favorite games of all time! Look everyone knows this is one of the best FF there is so I don't need to explain that here. But there is something wrong with this version, the sound quality is really compressed, so it doesn't sound good, there is no bass... and I feel that there are missing sound effects too. This is such a disappointment, with this game it needs to be as best as it can be, and with compressed sounds it is just not a good port. Didn't expect this, I paid 20 dollar again and what I got is a port with low quality sound...
    Lazy square enix.. I want my money back!
  3. Feb 22, 2019
    I played this great game when it originally launched, and still love it today. This is a good "on the go" version, but the sound is not good, nor the performance, as I cant remember my old PlayStation taking too long to load a battle as it happens on this version. Also, the phone menu on the battle screen looks awful.
    It's a good version for nostalgia, or any person that hasn't played it
    It's a good version for nostalgia, or any person that hasn't played it before, but such a game deserves better updates. Hope if some day we get a Final Fantasy VIII remaster, it's a really good version.
  4. Jun 3, 2019
    Hasn’t really aged that well. Good gameplay sometimes but it’s usually too slow and tedious. Character expression is lacking and dialog is often too simple and wasteful.
  5. Apr 27, 2019
    Not a perfect port but still a good version of the game I have always loved this game and it is by far, in my opinion, the best game to start the franchise with. So for anyone who is new to Final Fantasy do yourself a huge favor and get this game.
  6. May 15, 2019
    Battle is too old school. Grinding is boring. Graphic is bad. But the story worth it. To be able to play this classic on the go is a plus.

1. Apr 29, 2019
    I think Final Fantasy IX proves that the middle road between a complete remake and simple emulation may be the best path to take to revive older games. Welcome features like autosave and optional cheats let players old and new experience the game on their terms. Final Fantasy IX is an amazing experience, with a fantastic cast and story — it’s truly a masterpiece of the PlayStation era. This upgrade means that fans don’t have to wait years to experience it again without all the pitfalls of the original.
  2. Apr 28, 2019
    The quality of life improvements made can’t cover up the fact that this is a lazy port of a game that deserves better.
  3. Mar 27, 2019
    Final Fantasy IX is an absolute must-buy and must-experience classic JRPG that deserved a home on a Nintendo console, and should have had one a long time ago. It starts off as the best and last proper throwback to older Final Fantasy titles of the late '80s and early '90s, but with all the enhancements that the technology of the day could afford, but also doesn't know whether to be Final Fantasy VII and VIII, or classic Final Fantasy towards the end, but overall, it is a magical experience to behold.