7.6

1. Jan 31, 2019
    What can i say? 4 player multiplayer. A great 50+ hours story. Alot of side quest and much more. With the Nintendo switch you can take this game on the go and because of that this is the best version of the game. I love this game from the beginning to the very end. This game have alot of replay value and are totally worth 45$. It's not even a 60$ game. If you haven't played this game andWhat can i say? 4 player multiplayer. A great 50+ hours story. Alot of side quest and much more. With the Nintendo switch you can take this game on the go and because of that this is the best version of the game. I love this game from the beginning to the very end. This game have alot of replay value and are totally worth 45$. It's not even a 60$ game. If you haven't played this game and own the system, now is your time. Perfect to play with your friends, partner or kids. The story is lovely, an action JRPG dream came true AGAIN. Expand
  2. Feb 14, 2019
    New to the Tales series and waited to grab this since the first promotion dropped. I could not be happier, the port looks great and the combat system is very unique. I have been waiting for a good RPG to put hours into since grinding +300 hours in both xc2 and botw. The fact this game is a 10 year old port is nuts, aside from the battle music, I enjoy everything about this game. I amNew to the Tales series and waited to grab this since the first promotion dropped. I could not be happier, the port looks great and the combat system is very unique. I have been waiting for a good RPG to put hours into since grinding +300 hours in both xc2 and botw. The fact this game is a 10 year old port is nuts, aside from the battle music, I enjoy everything about this game. I am looking forward to more Tales ports and new titles. Hot dog the switch is an RPG Machine! Expand
  3. Jan 14, 2019
    The long awaited Complete Version of Tales of Vesperia!
    It feel SO GOOD to finally have a lot of costumes to unlock, finally a lots of sidequest to find out when you replay, finally a lots of optional content and bosses. I feel like this game gave me everything I wanted "more of" tales of symphonia.
    The long awaited Complete Version of Tales of Vesperia!

The characters are overall pretty good, Yuri put a great dynamic with the team and each character feel very distinct.

Battle Wise the game is more clunky in first few hours than most tales of, but open up much more in the end, which gives a fantastic sense of progression through the game and in the challenge keeps up, to max level in the endgame challenges. Add to that 9 playable characters and you have the most diverse cast and a lot to learn if you want to vary your play style.

Story wise it's pretty simple, it's mostly about people figure it out and an adventure in the classic sense, it wasn't as groundbreaking as other tales of, but servicable.

As most tales of you can still have fantastic couch multiplayer, expect great replayability from the NG+, unlocked difficulties, numerous Ex dungeons, and a lots of things to unlock.

If for some reason you don't like anime or JRPG in general, just pass on this game, for the other just buy it.
  4. Jan 22, 2019
    This game is damn gorgeous!!! Buy it you won't regret. Every playthrough keeps making you to want more.
  5. Jan 29, 2019
    I think people with a lot of nostalgia for the Tales series are biasing reviews for this game. By modern standards, it has incredibly clunky controls and pretty awful music/sound design. I'm 13 hours in and the story still isn't even remotely motivating. I do not think this is a good game. It's an "ok" game. Certainly not worth $50. Maybe $30.
  6. Feb 25, 2019
    Cast: 10/10
    Story: 6/10
    Fun: 8/10
    Gameplay: 4/10

Recommended
    ----------------------
  7. Apr 7, 2019
    Not as good as Symphonia but very enjoyable. Too many cut scenes and bit too easy ( I only died once during whole 50+ hours gameplay). Still highly recommend though

1. Apr 17, 2019
    Tales of Vesperia still holds up as a game that is absolutely charming and enjoyable to play, with a multi-faceted cast of characters and a story of intrigue. It’s a JRPG that deserves your attention, even despite its tangible flaws.
  2. Mar 22, 2019
    Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition is one of the best RPGs to grace the Nintendo Switch. It’s a lengthy adventure that will keep players absorbed from start to finish. With new content and new characters, those looking to double-dip will more than get their money’s worth. The added joy of having Tales of Vesperia on a portable device elevates to new heights as you can now enjoy all it has to offer at any time and in any place. If you missed out on this gem a decade ago, it is time to rectify that mistake and immerse yourself in one of the finest RPGs to release this decade.
  3. Feb 26, 2019
    All in all, Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition is a solid remaster of a fun and enjoyable JRPG. It has its flaws and foibles, including a relative weak final story arc and a somewhat inconsistent battle system, but it's one of the most popular Tales titles for a reason. It's plenty of fun to play, and fans of JRPGs will easily overlook the flaws for what is a genuinely enjoyable romp through an old game style.