8.3

1. Feb 15, 2019
    Its Tetris, so that part is fun. What part isnt fun is people switching to you in an instant and dropping 8 clear lines on you out of nowhere and having no possible way to fix it because for some dumb reason, one of the options on who to attack is who is close to being knocked out. So the second you mess up, you lose, and it feels like very little is in your control. Its a 'free' game so IIts Tetris, so that part is fun. What part isnt fun is people switching to you in an instant and dropping 8 clear lines on you out of nowhere and having no possible way to fix it because for some dumb reason, one of the options on who to attack is who is close to being knocked out. So the second you mess up, you lose, and it feels like very little is in your control. Its a 'free' game so I cant be too harsh but the main mode isnt that fun. I rarely make it out of the lower half of people just because of people ganging up on me, or by the fact that someone at the beginning is a Tetris master and gives me 20 ger-billion lines to deal with from the second the match starts. I would love to see another mode for the game though. Tournament mode, where you only face off with 1 person at a time, but as you wait for your opponent to be decided in another match, you still have to play and survive until they get there. Now that, would be fun as hell, as your ability to stay in and win is more determined by your own personal skill and not as much luck. Expand
  2. Apr 7, 2019
    The concept is pretty simple, 99 people play Tetris simultaneously and the last player standing wins. It can sometimes feel like you are being targeted more frequently than other players in certain games, which can be frustrating, but it's free if you have an online subscription and is good fun to play.
  3. Feb 26, 2019
    Tetris 99 is fun and addictive, but can also be maddening and can leave you feeling like you got screwed over by a vortex of random chaos. I've played dozens of games and still cannot find any real strategy. For those who are not aware, the game is simply Tetris that you play against 98 other people. When you clear lines you send them to an opponent, and lines can be sent to you by otherTetris 99 is fun and addictive, but can also be maddening and can leave you feeling like you got screwed over by a vortex of random chaos. I've played dozens of games and still cannot find any real strategy. For those who are not aware, the game is simply Tetris that you play against 98 other people. When you clear lines you send them to an opponent, and lines can be sent to you by other opponents. Each player has the option to send their tiles to a Random Person, someone attacking you, the players with the most badges, or those closest to elimination.

The best 'strategy' I have found it to choose to send my line clears to Random opponents this seems lead to me getting attacked less. Presumably because I am not targeting the same person each time -- If I were they would then be attacking me back if they chose the option to send their tiles to the person attacking them. This option, however literally leads to the game just being Tetris with a huge random element to it. Many games i am doing very well and clearing lines and chunks and keeping my board clear, I am quickly bombarded by attacker tiles and eliminated in seconds. Other games I horribly mess up tile placements but finish top 20 anyways because I am lucky and not randomly being attached. There is POTENTIAL strategy involved, but I have yet to find a way to make any sense of it.

You get in games quickly so I do find myself getting sucked in and playing several games in a row. As a free offering to those who pay for the Nintendo Online service (which I was doing anyways), it is a great addition. It's a fun game to sit down and play when you have a few free minutes. Is the '99' element to it great? Not really.
  4. Mar 16, 2019
    Não sou muito chegado em tetris, não gostei muito principalmente, pois sempre caimos com muitos pró players, quem é mais casual só se da mal.
  5. Mar 26, 2019
    I rarely can even get the game to load up, and the matches are repetitive and boring. Tetris is fun, but the whole targeting thing doesn't work to well.
  6. Mar 31, 2019
    It´s entertaining... until you just got randomly killed, some times almost no one attack you and some times yo just got banged.
  7. Mar 31, 2019
    I love this game and im ok. I love this game and im ok. I love this game and im ok. I love this game and im ok. I love this game and im ok. I love this game and im ok. I love this game and im ok. I love this game and im ok. I love this game and im ok. I love this game and im ok. I love this game and im ok. I love this game and im O K

1. Jun 9, 2019
    If you’re after a royale-y good time you should look much farther than Tetris 99.
  2. May 23, 2019
    This is what Nintendo need to keep on doing to ensure subscription to Nintendo Switch Online stays worthwhile, however, this is just Tetris with a very addictive online element, and can quickly wane once the initial honeymoon period is over. Those who really enjoy basic Tetris will be right at home with this iteration. It is fast, frantic and somewhat unpredictable gameplay is what makes it so addictive in the first place - for others, the repetition might kick in after some time.
  3. Mar 25, 2019
    Barebones and no-frills it may be, but Tetris 99 is the best playing Tetris game in years and ultimately well worth downloading if you’re a Nintendo Switch Online subscriber.