tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Feb 22, 2019
    The presentation side of the game isn’t going to blow you away, and I think both the visuals and sound design did a good job of bringing some charm to the adventure. I’ll admit to you, I was looking forward to the DreamWorks Dragons Dawn of New Riders game making its way to the Xbox One. Thankfully I enjoyed it in the end, even if it does have a few shortcomings.When I began the game itThe presentation side of the game isn’t going to blow you away, and I think both the visuals and sound design did a good job of bringing some charm to the adventure. I’ll admit to you, I was looking forward to the DreamWorks Dragons Dawn of New Riders game making its way to the Xbox One. Thankfully I enjoyed it in the end, even if it does have a few shortcomings.When I began the game it became quite clear that it's not be the best looking and sounding game ever they’ve still done a good job of capturing the same atmosphere as the films and not sure they were aiming for artistically more than that is present. It would’ve been nice to have heard voiceovers because the story isn’t as captive due to this. In terms of the gameplay it basically features some combat elements with a few puzzles thrown in as well and in my opinion they’ve done a good job with both aspects. The combat always remained fun and the puzzles you come across are clever but not too difficult. I found a certain "Zelda nostalgia" present at times. That being said DreamWorks Dragons Dawn of New Riders still does more right than it does wrong and earns a recommendation from me. If your on the fence you could always wait for the 1st sale and pick it up. Expand

1. Mar 4, 2019
    There's a decent time to be had -- especially for youngsters -- and its flaws and shortcomings don't grate too much, thanks largely to a relatively short runtime. But, because it forges its own path, Dawn of New Riders won't make a lasting impression on the How to Train Your Dragon canon.
  2. Feb 14, 2019
    Dragons Dawn of New Riders is an ideal game for young gamers, but lacks some essential elements hardcore gamers would like to see. There's a lot to explore and there're a lot of iconic How To Train Your Dragon elements to find in this game.
  3. Feb 6, 2019
    DreamWorks Dragons Dawn of New Riders does just enough to lift itself out of the cash-in territory. Having the familiar faces from the franchise appear every now and then (even if Astrid is reduced to a potion peddler) will help fans of the series engage with the story, and while Scribbles is a bit of a personality vacuum, Patch is endearing and will worm his way into even the hardest heart.